Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whities White Walls

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leaky Pipes, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

I just stumbled across this guy "Whities White Walls" Myspace page. Anyone ever hear of him? Makes white walls in any width. cheap prices too. half of what coker would charge.

http://www.myspace.com/widewhites

2. well he seems to guarantee the tire and be at most major shows. If he's vulcanizing the tires, it's that same as what other companies do. must be legit, anyone use this service?

3. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

Is that $250 to add whitewalls to your 4 tires? DB gets $75 each if you send your tires. If that's his price then he is a little cheaper. If that price includes the tires, I want some!
    The downside of sending your tires to DB for whitewalls is that if they ruin one, you have to replace it. If they ruin one of theirs, they replace it. Apparantly during the process, a small percent will show up internal flaws. The up side is that they will put any size and color on any tire.

4. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

Thanks!! He's about 35 miles from me! I will let you guys know how they are after I talk to him and get some done.

5. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

If u clik on the "tireman" pic on the myspace site, u can see his work.

6. looks like $250 with your own tires, also looks like a few hambers are on his friend list

7. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

I friended him for future reference. I'll definitely be checking that out when I need new tires.

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Please post a contact method besides going through myspace. Thanks

9. barndoor

barndoor

I emailed "whitie" on myspace a couple weeks ago cuz I am probably going to use his services. This is the reply i got from him......

Hey,

Yes, the beauty of this is that I can do it on any tire, except for one "Micky Thompson" cheater slicks. $250 you supply the tire, or you can tell me what you want and I can get you used or new tires. Plus I can come to you or you can come to me Fallbrook, Ca.

Hope this helps,
    Bubba

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Figured out his MySpace site. Here is contact info: [email protected] or 559-799-0960

11. ElwoodBlues

ElwoodBlues

I would keep an eye on this guy you are talking about as I sent him a tire over year ago and he will not even return MY tire. I am not sure what his real name is as he goes by Bubba, Whitie just depends on the day I guess. I am just now posting this as I have met my end of the trail with this person and just would like to help others avoid the hassle if at all possible. Below is the last email he sent me and we talked on the phone shortly after, I thought we had an agreement, but once again I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt to this guy. Mark

ok I am so sorry I have flippen dropped the ball here so bad. I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am. Here has been the causing the delay. The problem has been finding a wheel for that tire that I can mount it too. they are just too expensive for me. so that is why I have not gotten your tire done. Now I just found a used one 2 weeks ago bought it then...

Believe it or not but my recenlty ex fiance has tried to usurp the company right from under me since just about everything was in her name. And she took a bunch of stuff and sold it on me including my wheel that I bought specifically for your tire.So I am left with nothing but my machine and rubber. I really want to make this right to you guys. here is what I need to do it though. I have been looking for a wheel to mount the tire to do it but I can't find one for cheap. everyone wants like 300+ money. And I just can't find one used. I just don't have the money to put out for that right now. She cleaned me out of money and home literally. But I still have my machine and the rubber to make tires so I can get back on my feet.

So here is what i am asking and I know my word is shit with you guys right now. I need a wheel that I can mount the tires that you send me. so if you could send me one then I can do your tire for free and then discount the next tires that I do for you guys just for sending the tires my way. I am just looking for something really cheap just to mount and dismount tires with. Now if you can do that then we are in biz. and if you are not willing to do that then I will just send back your tire and if I come into someone else who needs it done or find a wheel for it then I will let you know.

let me know what you think,
    you have probably tried to call me but my phone was turned off due to her cleaning me out so that is what happened with that.

anyway I am gonna get another one soon.

please let me know asap,

Bubba

12. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

Seems the business is For Sale based on the info on his myspace page.

13. I tried to contact him a few weeks back. Sent him a message through myspace, and e-mail but he never responded. After reading that message from elwood blues I gotta say I'm pretty happy I didn't go through him. There is a place in San Diego that will buff your whitewalls which exposes the white layer of rubber under (most) blackwall tires. It's an old technique that isn't used that often anymore but I did it to mine, cost $60 for all four tires! They will not be WIDE but looks great for the price especially for 60s rides...

Welch's Tire in San Diego (3724 Main St., 619-234-1271)

here is where I found out about it

http://www.nicksteardrop.com/widewhites.htm

Attached Files:

14. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

Ive seen this guy in action at our clubs car show and know the shop he works out of. Some of the guys in the club have had tires done by him. They all look great. I dont know about his mail order stuff. Only live like 20 minutes from him. But Around here he has a very good rep. If you catch him at a show, he's a down to earth guy. I recently saw him do some double pinner whites on a black wall. man they turned out great. Anyways thats my 2cents on it.

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

bummer..all he needed was a wheel? ..did i read that right?..why 300 bucks for a freakin wheel? i can get one at a bone yard for like 10 bucks maybe 20 if its a special one...I must be missing something here. This guy goes down the tubes over not having a wheel to mount tires to in order for him to complete the process of installing his white rubber?
    That sucks..I would love to have all 4 of mine done with 3 or 3.5" wide whites, dont think i would take the chance unless he did it right in front of me..
    its a little tuff to drive a car with out all 4 wheels and tires.

16. Gruizer54

Gruizer54

do a search on the guy here on the HAMB and you will find what some other HAMBers had to deal with.

17. racer5c

racer5c

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY!!!! he sends bogus tracking numbers to you, doesn't send out the tires, at least a guy who robs you with a gun has the balls to do it face to face

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I did a search..what a bummer this guy turned out to be for alot of us HAMBers..i see where he could have had a very great thing going , but it obviously got away from him. sucks that people got took by him..looks like he has dissapeared into the smoke

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

i was under the impression that this guy was doing a cold vulcanizing method..not just some BS paint.

20. I'm searching on the cold vulcanizing method, got some leads but I think it's just like tire paint also. you have to smooth the tire sidewall out an apply a chemical "paint" that adheres to the tire. Definitely NOT rocket science.

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Gotcha, Abe..definetly not rocket science..especially if that guy was "trying" to do it.
    Just kinda sucks when you think there is a service out there, to get something done that you would like. and it falls thru the cracks because someones inability to follow thru.
    Im thinkin I will suffer with my black wall tires for now until i have the coin to buy the real thing...Coker!

22. Remember I think Diamondback classics are the same process, but they sell you the tire.
    But yeah just save up for the coker's don't forget the alliance dicount.

oh and I found this http://www.whitewallingtyres.co.uk/

http://www.redwalltyres.com.au/

I'm not part of the group raggin on the dude, it seems if you get him to do it at a show or are local and you work with him face to face it's cool. But I'm not talking from personal expirience, also note he might not be doing the service anymore, that's why I though to look for a DYI on it.

23. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

Did a search like abe mentioned, man. Didnt know he caused so much trouble.

24. Abomination

Abomination

25. DBTires

DBTires
    from Conway, SC

We DO NOT use the same process. Cold vulcanization is a term I have never heard of, and one that I can't find any information for. We use the tried and true method of Vulcanization: Time, Heat, and Pressure.

26. DB,
    Thanks for clearing that up. Are you going to be an alliance vendor sometime in the future?
    Just wondering.

27. 52RustRocket

52RustRocket

I got all 4 of my tires cut and painted for $60 here in Houston. Just having the sidewall shaved to reveal the 2.5" of white rubber was only $40 for all 4 tires but I wanted 3"WWW, so he shaved and painted them.
    [​IMG]

28. DBTires

DBTires
    from Conway, SC

It's not up to me.

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

drag the guy to the computer that makes the decissions:D