Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Here is a Lego build....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tantara2001, Feb 21, 2008.

1. tantara2001

tantara2001

2. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

So thats what a hot rod made out of bricks looks like.....killer.

3. Tin Can

Tin Can

Thats cool. I used to love making things with legos

4. Fasterthanu

Fasterthanu

Thats sweet, i've never seen anything like it!

5. very cool stuff man ..

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

A friend of mine makes things outta legos then puts them on the "sled" in the crash test dummy lab at Lear and sends them smashing into the wall. They have this super duper camera that catches it frame by frame. I've got it on VHS but I wouldn't know how to post it on here.

7. Halfton65

Halfton65

That is awesome. Last thing I made outta legos was a 'trebuchet' style catapult. Overengineered it and had to dismantle it. Probably the only 22 yr old still playing with legos...

8. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

nope, 30 and still doing it.

9. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

10. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

My 7 yr old son will love that.
    He will so want to try to build his own version.
    Thanks.

11. Now I have to go and rebuild the lego hotrod my son and I made!

That thing is amazing.

12. misfit36

misfit36
    from new york

thank god i didnt throw out my legos

13. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Who knew there were Lego balljoints! The cool keeps growing with magnification! The only thing it needs visually is window frames on doors...probably not possible under the guy's obvious insistence on doing things entirely in the Lego genre.
    I've avoided Legoing to excess, since I'm already past saving in scrap iron, but I have built a couple of the little vehicle kits they have put out...those have some real vintage style, though they have to be corrected because someone there doesn't realize the front axle can't move abaft the radiator on an old car...
    The crash test story reminds me of my childhood friends...they'd build a model car, admire it briefly, then off to the backyard...squirt in a whole tube of toluene based glue...then WHUMPF! Conflagration time! A good maniac doesn't have to age!

14. Ole don

Ole don

At Lego Land in the Mall of America there is a Lego building two stories high. They can be made just for kids, but who defines "kid"?

15. Halfton65

Halfton65

Go to lego.com and look at the 'Technic' sets. Last one I got was about 2000 pieces, definitely not a kids toy.

16. injectedA

injectedA

way cool!!! That is art. Even nailed the color. And now the realization that I can build stuff on the fold down food tray thing while flying around this country. “excuse me, I dropped my Lego under your skirt, can I have that back?”

17. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

The last thing i built and still have is a jeep with fully functional suspention and steering from the spare tire in the back with a matching trailer. I even had a functioning engine in it at one time which was driven by a driveshaft from the rear axle. I thought i had pictures but i guess they got deleted when i got this new computer. Oh i built a t bucket too! now i gotta get some pics :)

18. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

36 and I still buy and play with them with my 7 year old. Still have all my lego's from when I was a kid...

19. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

We use the computer-programmable Lego units to teach logic and problem solving to our first-year college I.T. students. Search for "First Lego League" on the net to see what I mean. WAY cool for instructors AND the students. ;)
    I'll have to show the mech. instructor these pictures.
    The Lego kits we use have proximity sensors. The students could build cars and program them to go from place to place with collision avoidance.
    This suff wasn't around when I was a kid. Sigh...

20. headhunter

headhunter
    from Austin, TX

I saw that this morning and was totally blown away - the detail is incredible! You can see he had to paint the curved pieces on the cowl and the back of the roof... but that's the only cheat I can see.

21. glmke

glmke

wait time out!!!!!!! I WANT THAT SET. that thing is awesome.where can i get that. my lego's never looked like that killer hot rod great job man

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Coolness! When I was in the Navy, we went to Aarhus, Denmark. One of my trips was to the Lego factory there. Imagine a place where just about EVERYTHING is made, not only out of Legos, but lifesize too! The place was crazy cool!

23. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

That build is amazing. May have to try that some day. Thanks, BOBBY FORD

24. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

I've wanted to build a hot rod or custom out of legos for years. At legos.com you can build a custom set online and Legos will box it and ship it to you. There are some detailed houses and building on there; but I've yet to see someone build something like this.

While not HAMB worthy, this Volvo is still cool and is full size.
    [​IMG]

25. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

When I was a kid, I spent every dime I had on Legos. About five years ago, I put them on Ebay in lots and sold them for over $14.000. 00 over a two month period. I was stunned. I loved those as a kid (and even as a psuedo-adult) but my kids weren't into them and I needed the space and money. The 800 square foot basement at my old house was one giant lego city. People would come over and make fun of me. Then around midnight, after they had been playing with them for hours, I'd have to ask them to leave. It was funny. I don't think you ever really outgrow them.

I collect human skin now.