Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Insurance Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dgc15, Feb 20, 2008.

1. dgc15

dgc15

Has anyone used Sneed insurance for their ride?
    I am trying to decide who to go with for insurance on my '49 F-1.
    Thanks,
    Don

2. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i use them on my nova conv /29 delivery/67 chevelle. 29 was hit real bad about 4 years ago was real happy with the way they handle everything.

3. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

ill tell you a neat story about my insurance for my daily driven 51. i called every single insurance company you could think of and always the same story "we cant insure a car that old and still be driven" Progressive said they wouldnt insure a car that old!! well i called AAA and asked if they could help me and the man said "sure come on down"!! so there i sat he got the info didnt hesitate a drop on my value, didnt ask for pictures, or anything, i walked out fully insured just missing comprehensive, but everything else was there for less than $300 a year. ok 5 to 7 days later the insurance card came and guess who was the writer? Progressive!!! i called the lady back and asked if she could insure my car and again she said "there is no way we will insure a car that old" so i gave here a policy number and she looked it up and then said "i guess i stand corrected" i said thank you and hung up!!

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

This a joke right...fully insured yet no comprehensive??? I guess your NOT fully insured then are you:rolleyes:

5. I frankly don't understand how folks have trouble insuring. The last few cars and bikes (5 total) were way old and I just call my local Agent (State Farm) and they are covered. Might be different if I had a super big dollar car but still..........I see these threads quite often.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, have used Sneed, Robinson, and Gerber for MANY years for my newer Corvette. They have specialty insurance called "Show Machine" coverage for cars like newer Vettes, Vipers, Mustangs, Mini-trucks, cars that aren't used as daily drivers.

I did get rear ended in my Vette one spring, Sneed paid for a complete rear end including manufacturer parts, not aftermarket. I was very pleased.

With all that being said, for your '49 you should check out www.grundy.com Less the Sneed or Hagerty for the exact same coverage.

7. zipper-z

zipper-z
    from MA

I use grundy for 3 vehicles and about to add our 57 ford soon. I am about to setup a policy for my father as well. Great company and no mileage restrictions.

8. GSX-PKV

GSX-PKV

I have Haggerty Insurance for my cars and have had no problems getting the agreed values I wanted for them.

9. tomcat46

tomcat46

I never heard of Sneed before last week. I got a call from one of their phone solicitors. I told her I'm on the "do not call list" and never do business with companies that phone solicate, then hung up. Hit these companies where it hurts, dont do business with Sneed Insurance, or any other phone solicitors.

Tom

10. dgc15

dgc15

So far I have the following quotes:
    $20,000 agreed value for my 49 F-1
    Grundy- $100,000 liability with comp and collision - $311 / yr
    Hagerty- $100,000 - $363 / yr
    American Collectors Ins - $100.000 - $291 / yr
    Sneed - $300,000 liability - $304 / yr - 6000 miles/yr
    The fine print about driving anywhere but to a show that Grundy and Hagerty have scares me a little.
    Still looking, but Sneed looks good to me at the moment

11. You talk to the agent you have the rest of your stuff with? I had 20K agreed value on my T and State Farm was cool with it. I hae the multi line discount as all our insurance is with them.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sneed will normally quote a 6 month policy. Double check to make sure.

Also, Grundy will give you a $100 discount from those quoted premiums if you run a YOM or historical/antique plate.

I know this is NOT going to make since bit trust me on this, if you ask for $25,000 agreed value instead of $20,000, you will pay LESS premiums. The underwriter Grundy uses for under $20,000 policys is different then the underwriter for $25,000 policys or higher. Trust me and check it out for yourself.;)

13. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

I'm looking at my application from GRUNDY as I type, 32 5 window, 32 roadster, 81 280ZX and a 24" Wells Cargo trailer, $459.00 for the year for everything. This is with stated value plus un-insured motorist. Only limits, no racing, and not for use as a daily driver.

This by far less than I've been paying with State Farm, and their limitations on yearly driving.

HellRaiser

14. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I use Sneed on both of mine,46 and 53, and am totaly satisfied. It is actually Sneed, Robinson and Gerber of Memphis.

15. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

its liability, fire, theft, glass breakage (no deductible) uninsured motorist,and bodily injury/ personal damage up to $250,000. and im looking at the statement and its $135.57 every 6 months

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

First off, hi sweetie!:D
    Grundy does not sell stated value policies, only agreed value. I'm sure it's just a typo but I don't want to confuse the masses.;)

17. dgc15

dgc15

Denise,
    You are so right. I went to Grundy's site and put in $25,000 agreed value and raised the liability from $100,000 to $300000 and the quote dropped from $311 to $196.50.
    Amazing!
    What do you think about Grundy's driving restrictions?
    Thanks,
    Don

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sweetie, I have over 72,000 miles on Big Olds in the last 6 summers.....what does that tell you.:D

You can buy me a drink at the RoundUp as thanks:D:D:D

19. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Woops, I do stand corrected HRLC. Well actually that box on the app only says Value.

Damn it's cold here, and the fire just went out in the fireplace. Good thing I've got some Kessler's to warm me up.:D Even too cold to go out and watch the the moon disappear.

HellRaiser

20. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Geico always seems to perfectly fine and happy with the trucks I insure and seems perfectly reasonable. I can insure them for full coverage or just liability, whatever I want, and they adjust the premiums as necessary. They take my word for what I paid for them. Granted, they aren't that valuable and therefore likely not viewed as a potential big problem for them. With full coverage, they offer towing, etc. just like with my newer cars. No restrictions on driving any of them. They also cover one of my trucks as a non-driver, just for theft, etc. but no liability. Fortunately, I have never had an incident that needed to test their coverage and hope I never do. But, that would be the same for any company. Although, I would guess they will just treat it like any other situation I would hope.

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I thought you were going to spend the winter in AZ?
    You coming with the Omaha boys to the Roundup?
    Miss you:cool:

22. VonKool13

VonKool13

Check with State Farm, they insure old rides for good prices, and I know you won't have a problem getting paid, god forbid something happens.;)

23. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

HRLC...I'll be meeting up with the Omaha group on March 22nd at the Rockabilly Round Up @ the Bar Fly, with the Mercury's, RumbleJetts and Mezcal Bros and will be able to find out what all the plans are, and who's going from there.

That would be another good one for you to experience some more of our hospitality.:D

HellRaiser

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That's two weeks after the Detroit Autorama....don't have anything planned......;):D

25. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i have had geico for the last 40 years they will not insure my older cars for appraised value. only for libility. read the fine print from them

26. Dyce

Dyce

I have Farmers insurance on everything I own. I used to have other insurance on my '40 Chevy but now farmers has a policy for collector cars. It is real resonable. Cheaper then liability, they don't keep track of milage or ask where you keep it, and you set replacment value. Seems like a good deal.
    Jeff

27. chopped

chopped

I have Sneed, one claim in six years with a quick painless payoff. They may have mile limit now. Seem to have gotten something about it a year or so back, I'm grandfathered thou.

28. T-Roy

T-Roy

This is EXACTLY true. I'm looking at insurance companies right now as I just purchased a 57 chev wagon. Been with Geico for the last 8 years or so and their "classic car" division will not insure my car, solely as a daily driver.

Supposed to receive a quote from Grundy today. Denise, thanks for the info on Grundy. :D

29. Bort62

Bort62
    BANNED

FWIW, I have Esurance. They had no problem insuring my ranchero as a DD(even tho I don't use it as such anymore). I chose not to pay for comprehensive, but it is avaliable.

It also only costs me like 25$ a month.

30. VonKool13

VonKool13

I only pay $12 a month per car for full coverage and un-insured motorist (cuz they are the ones that always hit you) State Farm dont ask where the cars are parked, and the mileage is 2500 a year, but there is ways around that.;) Good Luck.