Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats the longest you have drove your car!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jawdrpn36, Feb 18, 2008.

1. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

[​IMG]Okay wana see whats the longest you have driven NOT ON A trailer to a show to !

2. "have driven"

JH

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I have done many 6,000+ mile trips to car events and shows across the country in both my '47 Chevy convertible and my '47 Olds convertible.

Detroit to SanBerdo to Panama City Beach Florida back to Detroit

Detroit to CT down east coast to Virgina Beach to L'ville, KY to Sturgis, SD back to Detroit

Detroit to SoCal and back

Detroit to Wendover to Joplin, MO to Detroit

Detroit to Wendover to Yellowstone to Detroit

and all points in between.

over 72,000 miles in 6 summers

NOTHING better in this world then a long, fun filled road trip in a hot rod....NOTHING

4. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Drove my coupe 800 plus in one day! Won't do that again:eek:

5. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

THATS IT LOL !!

6. eightbanger

eightbanger

2,400 miles from Santa Rosa, Ca to Baton Rouge, La. It wasn't driving it was more like operating machinery.

7. 63dan63

63dan63

from Keller TX to Sioux City IA, last august. What a great ride. That was in my 63 Chevy II. I plan to do it again in my "new" project ... a 31 Ford coupe. Thanks for asking.

Daniel

8. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did Kansas City Missouri to Charleston, SC in one shot, 21 hours. My ears are still ringing from teh quick change.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Longest not stop drive (except for pitstops) in my 38 chevy coupe was driving home from the 2001 Power Tour, San Bernardino Ca. to Lubbock, 1100 miles in 18 hours.

10. Mopar34

Mopar34

Longest over all trip was to and from home to Tampa Florida with a stop in Daytona for the Turkey Run. Round trip was just over 2000 miles. Two days each way with a 4 day layover in between.

Longest one day trip was about 650 miles from home to Louisville Kentucky. Never do that one again. Hot as hell (103 degrees), car broke down in the middle of no where, and whole trip took 18 hours one way. :eek:

11. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Syracuse, NY to Charlotte,NC and back in a basically stock but recently rebuilt 46 Plymouth, 4.11's and all.

12. 29moonshine

29moonshine

from pensacola to the grand canyon and points in between and back. 11 days in my 29 delivery

13. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Summer of 1997, we were moving, and after the house in Albuquerque had been emptied, we departed. Roadster, dog and I went west for a hot rod adventure. Wife, daughters, and cat went east to hang out with family for a while. In the next seven or eight weeks, my roadster and I visited the Pacific Ocean near San Diego, and the Atlantic near Boston, as well as the L.A. Roadsters show, NSRA Rocky Mountain Nationals, Americruise, and the Street Rod Nationals, plus numerous locales in between. The odometer wasn't working, but based on just the number of freeway mile markers passed, the old girl must have gone about ten thousand miles. Boy, was it fun.....

Longest one-day chingo is a little more than a thousand miles, Midwest City, OK to Las Vegas, NV. Done that one more than once.

14. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3600 miles to Wyoming & back to Rochester, NY in my '37 Chevy coupe.

15. I'm some kind of wimp. Drove just short of 550 one way down to Temple TX to race at the Day of the Drags.

I like the pic Abone but August is a heck of a long time from now. I can't wait! You and DW will have to fight it out for fastest street car.

16. Dallas to LA, with a weekend in Phoenix, Paso, then home

Dallas to Bonneville, to Vegas then home

Dallas to York PA

Dallas to Chicago several times seems like going to the 7-11 now.

Dallas to Vegas running for hours at 000 speeds with Bass and Outlaw.

Dallas to Tulsa and Joplin many times, some for events, some to just hang with buddies.

Must have 45,000 miles on my channeled Model A Truck by now.

17. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

Longest drive non-stop(2hr powernap in Indy)Santa Ana,CA to Tonawanda, NY
    done in a '75 Chevy 3/4T w/BBC.
    Same motor in a '69 El Camino, 20 hours SF to Mustang,OK.
    Just like the song, PHX, AZ all the way to Tacoma and many more trips to all 4 corners.
    Glad I quit the circus
    Same motor is going in the dragmaster.

18. crosleykook

crosleykook
    from sackamento

Drove my '49 Crosley from Sacto to Morro Bay CA and back.... about 350 miles each way. had to dink with a leaky exhaust gasket on the way down there and the stock mechanical brakes were non-existent by the time I got home.

Drove it to Visalia CA and back a few years ago.. about a 600 mile roundtrip.

19. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

When I lived in Western New south wales a 8-900 km trip to go shopping in the city was a normal drive ...longest I went with the roadster was a few thousand kilometers to lake Gairdner in South Australia but it was on a trailer.ha ha ha '
    I had a guy visit me once who drove his wife around Australia in a '28 Chev roadster that would have to be the longest. 20,000 Kms i think.

20. From Phoenix AZ to round up and back and all around Austin. There and back is 2200 miles round trip. Just stop for gas, food and bathroom car ran perfect. Its in the avatiar.

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Drove from Denver to Des Moines, IA for GG's event, drove back to Denver, traded kustom '57 for hot rod, drove to Yakima for the Mini-nats, then over to Olympia peninsula in Washington state, then up to Bellingham, into Canada, over to Hope, BC, dropped down into Montana...then back to Denver...three weeks and a whole bunch of territory under the tires...

Did a non-stop trip from Denver to Phoenix for a GG's event...don't think I'll do that again, tho...

R-

22. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

Bobk may very well win this... HAHAHA

23. primed34

primed34

Did 750 miles in one day in my '34 Chevy coupe twice.

24. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

1850 miles, June, 1967, when I was 16 years old. Los Angeles to St. Louis in a steel T-Bucket, powered by Olds with six Strombergs...no top, no fenders or hood, just blistering sun and rain through Texas.
    Three months later, 1750 miles round trip, Los Angeles to Eugene, Oregon for a car show...

25. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

the last few rides I have owned have been put on long road trips.. started with a show truck that got ton of miles over the show season

Took my wagon with less then 100 miles on it from Seattle to Charleston SC, via Spokane and Pleasanton. between 3500 and 4000 miles on that trip. but many runs from Charleston to Nebraska, or to Hartford CT, PA and may points of interest in between. I think it has been in the following states
    WA, OR, ID, CA, NV, AZ, TX, OK, NE, IA, GA, MS, AL, KS, IL, SC, NC, FL, DE, PA, CT, NJ, NY, OH, MA, KY, TN, MO, VA, WV,AR, LA, HN.. may have missed one or two

Model A went to Knoxville, to Daytona and to Louisville Ky.. and a other states.

I know I can not compete with Denise, BobK or Sawzall for single long trip.. but I did have a blast seeing the USA in a Chevrolet.

26. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

In 2002 Fargoguy and I drove my chopped '48 Chevy pickup from Calgary to Wendover NV for Speedweek. We did the 1000 mile trip non-stop in about 17 hours.

27. henryj429

henryj429

When I finished college, I got in my 56 Mercury pickup and drove 6000 miles in 19 days - Winnipeg Canada to the west coast, south to LA, them back through Reno, etc.

The next year, me and a buddy went to the F-100 nationals in Chimney Rock NC - 3800 mile round trip for a weekend event.

From 1981 to 1988, I put 72,000 miles on the pickup...and thats only from April to October each year (winter = yuck)

I followed that with 52,000 miles in 7 summers on a 36 Ford.

28. phat rat

phat rat

Longest single trip was 8,000 miles and a months time. Muskegon, Lake Tahoe, spent 2 weeks around Tahoe, Sacramento, from Sacramento did the NSRA's Iron Man 3 day run to Tampa, then Pigeon Forge and home.

Most mi in a single day, Jacksonville, Fl. to Muskegon, Mi 1,250 mi in a little over 18 hrs

Other trips include, the first trip to Ca. for the Ego Rama, a second time to Tampa, Prince Edward Island/Nova Scotia and various trips around the midwest.

Since Aug.2, 04 I've put just over 41,000 mi on the cpe and that's with W. Mi. winters where the car can set for a couple of months or more because of the snow. This winter it hasn't been driven since late Nov.

29. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

NYC to Tulsa and back in 1976 with 12 miles on the roadster at the start of the trip. Blew the ammeter in Indy and rewired the smoked wires in a gas station. The delay was only about 3 hours. One way was about 1350 miles. Lots of fun for a car put together in the previous 90 days. Tacked the top on the night before and left NYC in a hurricane.

30. John Denich

John Denich

In 2002 from Toronto Canada to Corpus Christi Texas then on to Los Angeles in my 51 Chevy, with BIAS Ply Firestones and stock front end no clip or mustang 2....great trip...I got to drive through hurricane Lily

John