Register now to get rid of these ads!

lets get Ct. Dragway reopened sign this petition

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leon renaud, Feb 15, 2008.

1. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I just found this in another post and thought others might like to sign this petition to reopen Ct.Dragway.Micky Lauria of Total performance was part of the origional founders of Ct. Dragway and wants to get a track going in Ct..He told me last summer that he has everything lined up including the funding but it seems that getting a location is just about impossible It's time for Us to let Ct. officials know we want a track here again!Ct. Mass.and R.I. racers and wanna be racers sign this petition.I haven't heard lately but there was also a petition going around for a drag strip to be included if the racing facility planned for Plainfield Ct. ever gets done this link should take you to the Ct. Dragways petiton to get that existing track reopened http://www.petitiononline.com/JayHass/petition.html

2. We seriously need to bring back CT Dragway, what a historic place. I would basically live at the dragstrip if we had one running...
    -Dean

3. OK, Leon. Got my sig...

4. got my signature,my wifes signiture, and my kids signature

5. done , good luck yall ..

6. 7683, hope it helps.-MIKE:)

7. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I'm no.7684, is that how many signer they have got? I hope it's happens

8. NoSurf

NoSurf

How many of these petitions have I signed over the years? I don't even remember if I signed this one already or not? (I did, #3698).

Does Consumer Reports own the track or lease it? I know that's who is using it now.

Alot of houses have been built in that area since 1985, so I would imagine the cause will run up against the whole NIMBY mentality.

I lived within earshot of that track for the first half of my life, and worked there the last year it was open. There is nothing like the sound of nitro cars blasting down the tack echoing down through the Connecticut river valley....

9. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I grew up in Willirico, so I was went to the CT Dragway pretty often. I can remember one year at the track when my wife was around 9 months pregnant with my son, you should have felt him moving around in her belly when the nitro cars went down the track!!
    It sucks having to drive hours to get to a drag strip now. This petition is a long shot, but it's worth the try! Our signatures are in.

10. heres a good reason to keep them open..

Police: 7 Dead in Likely Drag-Race Crash

Published: 2/16/08, 8:27 AM EDT

<!-- google_ad_section_start (name=blsadstrgt)-->ACCOKEEK, Md. (AP) - A car plowed into a crowd that apparently gathered to watch a drag race on a suburban road early Saturday, killing seven people and injuring at least four, police said.
    The car went out of control on Route 210 around 3:40 a.m. and hit people standing on the roadside, Prince George's County Police Cpl. Clinton Copeland said. A tractor-trailer that came by shortly afterward may also have struck someone on the road as it tried to avoid the crash, he said.
    "It's probably one of the worst scenes I've seen," Copeland said. "This is a situation that could have been avoided, and it's a very tragic situation."
    Four people were taken to hospitals, Copeland said. Their conditions weren't immediately known.
    Route 210 has two lanes in each direction and traffic lights about every 150 to 200 yards in Accokeek, about 20 miles south of Washington.
    Investigators were working to piece together the chain of events and had "more questions than answers," Copeland said.

11. I signed.............................Lot's of fun there back in the day.

12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7690, I have another number!!!

13. JohnT

JohnT

14. Brian Janelle

Brian Janelle

15. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

7701,hope they are kind to cycles.

16. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I hope they end up setting another one up.

17. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

18. PRoz

PRoz

That petition has been around for a while now.
    I am in the 200's signatire wise and probably signed it in 2003/2004 or slightly earlier but it's been so long I can't remember exactly.

19. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Leadsled ;Willirico? yup that proves you were a local !You know what it means, I know what it means!lets not explain it to anybody though.there has been ongoing efforts to build an enclosed racing facility at the site of Plainfield Dog Track.Think Astro dome over a mile NASCAR track. Speed shops around here have a petition to have a strip included in the complex if it gets built

20. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I didn't realize it but I think I also signed it years ago but them we didn't have the power of the HAMB!It's OK because my Son Leon lives at my old addy and planned to sign so now he has:)

21. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Nosurf last I knew Consumer reports owns the site.they did allow a static display event there in I think 2005 NO actual racing was allowed just a get together of past racers etc.

22. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

#7712 I signed the petition.

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

24. raceratrod

raceratrod

Signed #7714 grew up in Conn, at the strip many times in mid 60's .

25. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Hey Leon I'm ###7716 good luck

26. Gusaroo

Gusaroo

I bought a house (and have since sold it) on Buckley Hill Rd. in Colchester. At first I had no idea the track was right up the road, though my Dad told me about stories of him as a teenager at CT dragway and that the track was in the area. I actually stumbled onto the petition site when searching for some vintage local hot rod stickers for my car.

The area is still posted as Consumer Reports test facility but the CT State Police evidently use it for training as well. I can attest to the early morning parades of troopers past my house. What I would have gived to see hotrods and dragsters going past my house as opposed to police cars.

I doubt it will ever be a dragway again, they are building some nice houses in the area and the current residents would never put up with the noise...

I dont know why they don't do a track on Rensaelers field at Pratt and Whtieny. I heard there were plans for a nascar track there at one point. I also don't know why some of the smaller circle track facilities in CT (ie Waterford) don't expand their revenues by adding a strip to the property. They seemingly have already conquered the noise issues...

27. Paul B

Paul B

Gusaroo is right it'll never happen at the old track. Carl Marrotta Frank 's son was trying to get it going again at the Rent acouple of years ago but that didn't happen. Havn't heared anymore about till i saw this post. Iam guessing Carl gave up.

28. Paul2748

Paul2748

There's no way that track is going to reopen. Consumer Reports bought that track some time ago and the only thing left of the original set up is part of the track itself and the old timing tower. The property has significantly changed and if you were to by it there would have to be mega dollars to get it to an operating race track. I was up there two years ago and saw what has been done to the property. And because of all the new houses (and improved roads) as already mentioned, people will NEVER let it happen. PIPE DREAMS

29. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Signed it...#7732. Used the political hotbutton in the comment section. "It's the only way you'll get rid of street racing";)

30. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I agree we may not get Ct. Dragway reopened but here's over 7000 signatures that says we want a drag strip in Ct. .JUST MAYBE someone will start listening!The west coast isn't the only place big time street racing is going on.