Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama...Who's Going? Who's Showing? and Where are you staying??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BloodyKnuckles, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Just curious on who's going to the show, who's showing and who's staying at what hotels?

4 of us from our club are bringing one of our club member's Model "A" for it's debut. The car was just completed by our dear friend Sean Vesely who just passed away this past weekend. Sean and Dustin (the owner) had plans on making the trip together and with the unfortunate turn of events the car will still make it and will be dedicated to the talented and our well loved, fellow hot rodder.

This will be our first time at this show and are very excited. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

BloodyKnuckles

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Party at my house Saturday night....twelve miles from Cobo Hall.:D

3. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

First let me offer my/our condolences for the passing of your friend Sean Vesely, how wonderful that you are still showing the car which he just completed.
    We Slick50 (Ken) and I staying at the Sheraton right next door to the Cobo Center.
    This is our first time going so are not experts however have you seen the post for the GM Heritage Tour being organized by Bob K on Friday, 3/7? Bob just organized a second group and the sign-up is still open if you are interested, just search on GM Heritage or posts by Bob K within the past week.
    Also there will be a HAMB meet and great at some point which is posted on the board somewhere right now I can't remember all the details on that.
    Will you have the car upstairs at the Autorama or downstairs?
    We will definitely look you up at the show if we do not see you prior.

4. His car will be upstairs. We'll have to hook up while we're there.

Hotrodladycrusr, is that an invite?

BloodyKnuckles

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You bet it is sweetie, you and your buds. More details to follow.
    My car, Big Olds will also be upstairs. I'll look for you on Thursday during setup and introduce myself.

6. Watch out, those parties can get outta hand. ;)

I'm going, I'll wear a belt so I don't show, and I'm stayin at my house, about a half hour away.

See ya there!

Jay

7. Thank you.

Our time is 7PM. We'll also try to look you up. I know what you look like:D!

8. My orange & blue '26 track roadster pickup will be upstairs. I have a Wednesday 1 PM move in. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Charlie

9. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i can only go if free hotel rooms start falling from the sky...

if that happens, see ya there, if not, i will see ya next year... car payments and house shit has killed the chances

10. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Props to you guys for bringing Sean's car! I'll have my A-V8 in the basement & can't wait to come up to see his car.

11. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

If no where else we will be at Hotrodladycrusr's party !!!

12. jdubbya

jdubbya

I will be there, as a basement dweller, set up with the "Nightmares" car club. Look for the "East Side" 55 Chevy truck... or for me, I am not too hard to miss.
    I am staying in Flint, in my own bed, I will commute the 60 +/- miles, to save a buck or two.

13. 47 ford

47 ford

This will be my first time going, finally saved enough $ Flying in with the wife Sat morning arond 11 and staying at the Omni. Any suggestion for places to eat and drink would be great.

14. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

I'll be at the Days Inn along with the other Canuckistans

15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I just looked this up...spongebob, patrick, and a breakdancing competition all under one roof!?!?!?! That's awesome!

I'm trying to figure out a way to make a "business trip" out of this. Gotta see all these cars and get some cookies....

16. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Me and Slowandlow63 need a place to crash. we were gonna sleep in th van, but then we realized that it's detroit, and winter. Any cheap hotels around the area? Preferably where you don't have to pay by the hour?

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

There are ALOT of cool options in the downtown area all within walking distance of the Omni. Anything in Greektown is good or in the GM Building, AKA: Renaissance Center.

If you really want to treat your wife to an AWESOME meal and view, the top of the GM Building is not to be missed. I think it's about 70 floors up. Spectular views. The elavator ride is wonderful just in itself. The resturant on the top is called Coach Ensigna. You must make reservations or you will not get a table. Ask specificly for table 20, it has the best view in my opinion but plan on dropping two large ones for dinner and desert and drinks for two people.

18. 47 ford

47 ford

Thanks for the info, was in detroit about 10 years ago, man it wasn't pretty. Will check out greektown.

19. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I'm telling you we can just sleep in the bed of the Kart. Will being like copper pillows and theyll think were part of the display.

20. I'm sorry, I didn't realize there was already a thread about this. I will follow that one.

Hotrodladycrusr, I'm still taking you up on the invite!

Everyone else, I look forward to meeting all of you.

Thanks,

BloodyKnuckles

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm going to be disappointed if you and the boys don't take me up on the invite.;)

22. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

I'll be downstairs with the '28 Roadster. I wonder if Rev. Horton Heat is going to be playing in Detroit again during the show?

23. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

We'll be driving our asses 2000 miles from Montana - Finkosel and Thunderpig in tow...
    I've never been to a big show...This is real exciting. Can't wait!

24. KITTEN

KITTEN
    from New York

Me and Eddie Deuce will be there, representing the Road Rats in NY.
    Ed has the Henry J and the Sedan, but we're flying in and staying with relatives. Also,we'll be doing the tour.
    Can't wait!! :D