Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP, Check out this willys.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trailer-Ed, Feb 12, 2008.

1. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I know ebay stuff is not welcomed here but Check out this Willys on E-bay! 290205704781, sorry I don't know how to link it here. can someone? He swears it's a true Willys and threatened to sue me if I told people different. I tried to warn a possible bidder. It looks to me like a 40-47 IH cab ith a glass Willys nose. Looks cool, but definately no Willys. You guys should let him know what he has:)

2. gearsforguts

gearsforguts
    from temple,pa

yeah something dont look right about it

3. I believe you are correct Rusty. The doors and w/s area pretty much tell the story. Gotta be something in the "Report" area to flag it for fraud. Need to have pictures of it and a real one to really tell.

Charlie

4. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

It not a 1940 Willys He can sue me if he wants. The 40 Willys has no cawl section, the hood is right up against the windshield.

Here is a picture of a real one.

Attached Files:

5. gearsforguts

gearsforguts
    from temple,pa

yeah thats what i thought

6. it does say clone in the ad , i dont see how he could sue just because you called bullshit..

7. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

The bad thing is It actually has a bid fir $15,000, does the high bidder know what it actually is? I guess if he don't now, he will someday.

8. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Hers a better picture. The yellow is the real one and the black is his.

Attached Files:

9. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

THE TITLE SEZ CLONE????????????????????????????????????????????

1941 Willys Gasser Clone P/U Hot Rod, Rat Rod, Dragster

10. moparron426

moparron426

It defintly is "NOT" a willys cab, its done nice to fit the willys nose, but not a willys
    I am building one similar with a dodge cab.
    a willys does not have a cowl area, the hood goes all the way to the windshield and the doors are cut to fit the fenders

heres the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1941...ewItem?hash=item290205704781#ebayphotohosting

WOW you guys are fast,I was finding pics to compair and I was to slow.....

Attached Files:

11. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

it looks like an International cab thats been cut down to willys size. side windows and rear window especially. I will have to llok to pictures of a stock one.

12. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

I just email him and ask him what the cab is from. because it does not look like a willys cab to me.

13. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I personally don't have a problem with it, I asked him why it was advertised as a Willys since it was actually an IH cab, told himit was a cool ride, but a bit miss represented in the ad, and he sent me a page long e-mail saying it WAS a Willys and I have no Idea what I am talking about, and I tell any potential bidders otherwise he would file a complaint through ebay and possibly sue if I hendered a sale. I have several Willys' of my own. Including a 41 pickup.

14. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone who has ever stuffed thier ass in a real Willys truck would be gratefull for the extra few inches of cowl the non-Willys has.

Good lookin little truck, but a front clip does not a Willys make.

-Abone.

15. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I wonder what else he's lying about?
    Cool looking gasser, but I wouldn't deal with someone who was either stubborn or not being truthful.
    NO SALE!!!

16. Did you read the initial post? He claims it is a Willys,and will sue if "trailer Ed' tells anyone otherwise! Clone still usually means,same brand of vehicle,just a recreation of an original.

17. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

He may be the one being sued if the buyer find out it is not a willys. There is a section in Ebay motors that you can take action for a misrepresent item. I had to use it one time for a motorcycle I bought.

18. Tony

Tony

I do believe your right, the "clone" is in reference to the 'gasser', not the Willys.
    It is a cool little truck no matter what..
    Hopefully those interested in buying it have some knowledge of the real thing so they themselves will notice.

19. moparron426

moparron426

This is the one that I am making as my racetruck, its a 40 dodge cab with a willys nose, it will be registered as a 1940 dodge but look like a willys and have more room inside:D:cool: Ron...

Attached Files:

20. sammyg

sammyg

Something looks sketchy... And why wont he post a picture of the front end?

21. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I'm doing something similar witha 48 F-1 cab and a glass 41 Willys nose, but if I sell it it I will tell what it started as. The Clone part I actually missed when reading it, ( my bad) but he assured me it IS A WILLYS. Cool truck, but he was kind of an ass to me, when confronted about it's origins.

22. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

those oval shaped side windows dont ring a bell with me,international? custom?

23. I just asked this question:
    Dear scotts28,

What's the cab from?

- maxwedge666
    See if it gets posted on the auction.

24. ray

ray
    from colorado

for what it is, whatever it is, it looks pretty good. it'd be a good way to build a "willys" without the astronomical price tag.

25. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

here a 1947 international.

Attached Files:

26. i wonder what the reserve is?? anyone know ? when i looked it said 15Gs reserve not met..

27. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Loks like a good build, lots of good stuff on it and in it, but glass nose $400-600, 40's IH cab free -$1000 tops, glass bed sides, $200-400 , cool little package, but loooooong ways from a Willys. I'd drive it, but I would not tell everone it is a willys, and look like an idiot. Kinda like having a street beast.

28. moparron426

moparron426

I would say that, that is the cab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    International :rolleyes:

29. wvenfield

wvenfield

I think it's pretty cool still. As already noted though I'd be really leery dealing with a guy like that.

30. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

So many things look wrong with the ebay truck. The length of the front fenders, the radius of the wheel openings, the cowl that shouldn't be there, the shape of the window opening of the door etc.
    Overall, its weak in a lot of areas.

Maybe this guy doesn't know that it isn't all Willys ?

Well, I ain't buying it.
    But someone will. As long as its not a HAMBR !