Register now to get rid of these ads!

39' Zephyr Coupe Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zephyr3789, Feb 10, 2008.

1. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

nice job man!zephyrs definately one of the coolest lookig cars ever built. i live in covina too, hope to see that sucker driving round soon.

2. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Man, I'm speechless. It doesn't get any better than what you have right now. Keep the progress updates a coming.

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Oh how I envy you....very nice.

4. premium

premium
    from Goergia

umm. yeah ive got wood!

5. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

NICE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who made the drive shaft? Im looking for somthing like that

6. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Wow! Nice work, Keep us posted on progress.

7. roddinron

roddinron

Nice work. When I was about 13, around 1962, I found one of those along a fence row on a farm. I had no way to get it, then I told my uncle (a real car guy) about it and he said he'd get it. When I went back there was nothin' there but bare earth. Skip ahead to about 4 months ago, (45 years later) a friend of mine introduced me to one of his friends, we got to talkin' about all the cars we've owned and he told me he once built a '39 Zephyr with a 400 pontiac, turns out he's the one who towed it out of there. He has no idea where it is now though. Small world.

8. Here is one more picture of that Zepher from the Mooneyes Xmas show like 3 years ago. I love this bodstyle, yours looks amazing so far.

CBB

Attached Files:

9. Very nice looking chassis and car. Keep posting progress pics, we all love Zephyrs around here.

10. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very nice! The work you guys have already done on the chassis looks top notch. You should be proud!

Malcolm

11. flathead fred

flathead fred

Nice to see another Zephyr brought back to life, they have the most beautiful lines. Did you fab that frame, very clean.

El "Flathead" Fred

12. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

bad Ass Zephyr.

13. cretin

cretin

that thing is looking bad ass be sure to keep us updated on the build

14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW! Awesome! Great project and great chassis work! Can't wait to see more and welcome to the HAMB!

15. studhud

studhud

16. Janne

Janne

This 1940 or 41 has different body than 1939.:)

17. Janne

Janne

It is unchopped in the rendering.

18. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Beautiful work. Gonna be an awesome car. Zephyrs are the epitomy of style and grace. You guys are excellent craftsmen. Keep up the good work gentlemen. Oh and one last thing since no one else has mentined it yet. I think it's neat that you're going with a FoMoCo driveline.

19. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

Thank you for all of the compliments. I'm glad to see we are doing something right. We can't take all the credit for the chasis, but we did most of it. The front end was bought.

20. 53burb

53burb

That '40 that Bad Bob posted belongs to Lalo that is also on th HAMB here. KNUX!

21. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

That is going to be a really nice car. Zephyrs are really cool cars. Probably the coolest. keep posting progress reports so we can keep up with it. Thanks, BOBBY FORD

22. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

I love the way the body lines on the Zephyr look stock. Personally, I just don't think a chop does a Zephyr justice unless it is very very minimal, but that is just my opinion. Don't get me wrong though, I love chopped cars. Just not in this case. Are you going to chop your 38'? I would love to hear other peoples opinions on the Zephyr chop!

Thank you and I'm glad you noticed. For some reason mixing breeds have never sat well with me, it just feels wrong. Although, I have done it before!:D lol

Thanks for letting me know. My Dad and I have seen his car a few times, but we were able to speak with him at this year's GNRS and he was real cool guy and helpful.

23. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

THAT is the ONLY way a Zephyr should look...low, wide whites and skirts...

But please...put some shiny paint on it...Zephyrs have to have shiny paint...

Lookin' good, guys...(nice illustration Janne)

R-

24. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

I agree... There will be, but it may be a few years until before money can pay for the type of paint job we would like.

25. Terry

Terry

I LOVE everything about it ... except ... LOL! hey you asked! The rear end is to narrow. I know why it's that way, but it still bugs me a little. But thats a little thing, it's a awesome car.

26. Dadis sooooo swiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

27. Pickledilley

Pickledilley

Nice work! I also see your a steelers fan, I am in Virginia & have always been a Cowboys fan, but the last 2 years I went with friends to see the steelers & it was a blast!!!!! I LIKEM!! TOO!!!!!

Pickle Dilley

28. Wow, it looks beutiful, both Jannes drawing and the real car, those zephyrs have been on the top of my want list forever, really good work, cant wait to see progress pics!

29. Janne

Janne

Yes, I like them chopped. Ofcourse you have to succeed with it but that's the case with every chopped car.

30. laloszephyr

laloszephyr

great looking zephyr guys, cant wait to see it in person.