Register now to get rid of these ads!

f-100's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemi guy 53, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Brian W

Brian W

Thanks so much for the nice compliment! I've owned this truck since I was 14 and transformed it from a long box farm truck to a short box mild custom (without buying a new box too). This truck has many hours of mine, my Dad's, and my good friend Terry's which gives it great value to me.

As far as the upgrades go? Well to start it's getting a new engine. The one I had in it gave way on the way to work one morning (this was about a year ago):eek:. I have an engine for it, but am working on cleaning up the firewall and engine compartment to get it ready for paint. This way I don't have to take the engine back out to paint the outside of the truck because the firewall and compartment will already be done. I have a collection of body parts to replace damaged or rusted ones like the doors, hood, and roof. I have a new grille treatment planned too but It hasn't been finalized yet. Of course this all isn't going to happen over night so I'd be pleased to get the firewall painted and the engine installed so I can go back to driving the S#%T out of it. It was my daily driver for a few years and I'm really starting to get withdrawls. :(

2. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

more coca cola cowboy!

3. ok:

Attached Files:

4. Brian W

Brian W

This truck is the BOSS!! I saw this at VLV 2005 and couldn't stop looking at it. It has to be one of the lowest F-100's ever! In this picture notice how it is the same height or lower than the chopped Model A sitting next to it! I love it!

[​IMG]

5. Always wanted an F-100. Brought this home last fall. No major changes in the near future....Maybe just a 5 speed behind the 292 and install an 8" rear that came with it.

[​IMG]

6. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Dang, Mine's a 56. I don't qualify for this thread.

Attached Files:

7. Brian W

Brian W

NUROADSIR... Your truck sits Awesome!! I remember your post when you got it and that thing looks like a blast to cruise around!

Ha ha ha... I didn't even notice the year preference on the initial post! Fuck that, your truck is right on time! 53-56 are all the same to me!
    I love 'em :D

8. Hi Brian
    Nice truck! And I like the photo, I miss the Phoenix whether and nature in AZ.
    Here is mine, I bought it when I lived and worked in Phoenix for 6 month 2003. I had a great time over there, drove it as a daily driver. It has the stock flathead and I had no problem with overheating, and it was hot in the summer in Phoenix. I shipped the truck to Sweden and still have it; I drive the truck every summer (still runs great).

Lars

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      26.5 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      58.9 KB
      Views:
  9. keep us up to date,on your progress,cant imagine any rust on yor truck

10. Have a 55 with a 428 CJ, been trying to sell it, but think I have sold the engine and trans, have a 327 and 700R that will be going in. Picture will not work!

11. Brian W

Brian W

Well, I live in Arizona now, but me and my truck came from Seattle, WA. I probably don't have to explain much more there :D. I talked to my folks the other day and they told me the weather man said there has been 6 days of sunshine since October something! :eek: Boy when it was 77 here this past weekend it really doesn't hurt my feelings I left that place!

12. Brian W

Brian W

Thanks for the compliment! Hey are you the same Lars that still comes to visit, and goes into Go-Kat-Go?

13. Hi Brian

Yes it's me, have we met? Last time was 07 me and my wife went to VLV together with friends in Phoenix.

Lars

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      61.1 KB
      Views:
  14. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

metalman, you need to save this truck and do it right!!! Save it from being a badass wolf in billet sheeps clothing!!
    -Anthony

15. kropduster

kropduster

16. kropduster

kropduster

oops

Attached Files:

17. Brian W

Brian W

I never really liked white on these trucks too much. They just tend to blend in too much to their surroundings :rolleyes:

DAMN! You beat me to it! Now my smart ass comment means nothing! Ha ha ha :D

18. Brian W

Brian W

Kropduster...Cool lookin truck! I've been seriously thinking of using those Pontiac bumpers on my truck too. I really like how yours are not too pronounced like others I've seen. Do you have any front on views of this truck so I could see how far they stick out on the sides?

19. premium

premium
    from Goergia

some nice trucks in here fellas...

20. bcarlson

bcarlson

What suspension do you have under there? Stock w/drop front axle? Volare?

Like one of the other guys said, it sits _JUST PERFECT_!!

Ben

21. I have a 51, does that count?

22. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

No turd! Looks very cool!

23. kropduster

kropduster

thanks guys...and the bumpers are 58 Imperial "guards" i think they stick out too far on the sides, so i might french em' a bit when i get some better fenders......

Attached Files:

24. junkyardroad

junkyardroad
    from Colorado

How about an F-250

[​IMG]

25. Brian W

Brian W

That's a clean big boy!!

'58 Imperial? Huh... I like em! Thanks so much for getting that angle posted for me. I'm really on the fence about using the Pontiac bumpers. I've seen em on some passenger cars that I think look great, but most of the ones I've seen on these F-100's I don't care for. I actually like how yours are not frenched. I was thinking of shaving them down a bit to get rid of the bulkiness so they almost become more like an accent piece instead of a bulky bumper. I really do like how your Imperial versions fit though.

26. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of my old 56's. Camaro clip, 327,4spd. Shortened the bed and chassis 5 inches.(another one I wish I had back....)
    [​IMG]

27. nice truck,my 53 is also a F250 v8 4spd wiith 4.86 gears

28. Here's my '55, bin on here before.
    cheers dago.

Attached Files:

29. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Maybe you could try polishing it ??? ;)

30. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

I remember that pickup... it's done pretty similar to mine, and I love seeing these done as nice, but useable, hot rod trucks.

Yours is SA-WEET!