Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Canadians

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canadianzed, Jan 30, 2008.

1. mccarrol

mccarrol

Barrie, On. 28 Ford sedan & 52 Studebaker coupe.

2. louver

louver

Hi
    I am from Kelowna BC currently building a 49 Meteor SBC, lowered louvered frenched etc.

www.hotrodlouvers.com

3. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

Kitchener Ontario
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 31Oldschool

31Oldschool

Steve,

I built this thing in high school and went the "antique" route with no problems. Fortunately for me, I have a serial number for it so my bigger problem will be finding the money to insure the thing. We'll see!

Keith

5. 31Oldschool

31Oldschool

Steve,

I built this thing in high school and went the "antique" route with no problems. Fortunately for me, I have a serial number for it so my bigger problem will be finding the money to insure the thing. We'll see!

Keith

6. Old Wolfy

Old Wolfy
    Member Emeritus

Well, another one from frigid Edmonton, Alberta. Pic is of my flathead dragster circa 1963. There's a couple of pretty well known guys on the crew still involved in the sport---Bernie Fedderly and Terry Capp. Ranchero push car was Capp's Chev powered ride. After a forty year retirement, I went back to the sport last year, second pic is of the new ride---Bob C

Attached Files:

7. Flatman

Flatman

That FED rocks!!!

Flatman

8. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Looks good wolfy.... i'll look for that at Castrol Raceway!

9. 4 6 deed it

4 6 deed it

Moose Jaw Saskatchewan here...It'a a beautiful -42 with the windchill today went out to clean the back garage and start tinkering with my toys today.. furnace is hooped!!So I managed to get the garage cleaned up with only 90% frost bite to my whole body..not so bad...

10. JEPPA

JEPPA

My back still hurts when I hear the word!
    [/QUOTE]

11. JEPPA

JEPPA

My back still hurts when I hear the word.

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2567757" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>canadianzed</TD><TD class=alt2>Re: Calling all Canadians
    <HR>Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by JEPPA [​IMG]
    I know there is more Ontario Hamber's. where are you?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Still shovelling out the driveways?:rolleyes: or waiting to come out of hibernation:eek:
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

12. rippintare

rippintare

13. canadianzed

canadianzed

14. Cowtown, boomtown, Shithole. Calgary goes by so many names. But that is where I am.

15. TerryE

TerryE

Any pictures out there of the early 60's Falcon " Little Pepper Mill"? That thing ruled at St. Thomas. I saw it a few of years ago rotting away behind a body shop in Guelph. Does anyone know of its current state? Terry

16. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Jim Lindsay owned that car.....it is a 60, he had a 300 six in it and ran the H/MP class....won Indy one year with it, 73 I think, may have been earlier. Jim had a machine shop in Georgetown at that time, then moved his business to Guelph....Last I heard, he still owned the car. He would be in his late 60s now, I believe.

I have been looking for pics of it too....with no luck. There was a pic in a magazine years ago of the car at Indy.

17. TerryE

TerryE

Poncho62.........I'll stop by that body shop this week and try to find out its whereabouts....Terry

18. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

That would be cool.............some pictures would really be neat, if possible, no matter what condition its in.

19. TerryE

TerryE

I did some digging today and found out that the " Little Pepper Mill " is doing well and on the road to a total restoration. It is still owned by Jim Lindsay the original owner. I also found out its location. Hopefully, I can get into this place and get some pictures.........stay tuned. Terry

20. STICKMAN

STICKMAN

The Jaw..... Sasquatchewan
    I Love this place.................

21. canadianzed

canadianzed

any of you southern Ontario guys remember this one , back when "dealerships" sponsored cars that raced on sundays and sold on mondays.
    [​IMG]

22. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

That's cool...........If you meet Jim, tell him Harry from Georgetown says hi.....Probably won't remember...its been 35 years.......LOL.

23. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

WOW.
    I haven't checked this thread for a while.
    Great stuff guys!

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

Hi Kieth

So I gather you get the most grief when you are tyin to get an ownership for an old field car or a pile of parts with no VIN # that ya wanna call a car??

25. koolkemp

koolkemp

Aww shudup ya little sawed off runt:D .....ya never answered my e-mail I sent ya on the weekend drop me a line.

26. I'm in Keswick just north of Newmarket which is north of Toronto.
    My 59 apache is tucked away in the garage waiting for the warm weather.

27. STICKMAN

STICKMAN

Thats a sweet apache etguy........... gotta get some pics up!!!

28. eeluddy

eeluddy

Yes. They have swap meet coming up I think at the Woodstock Fairgrounds. There is a lot of guys older than me(52) in that group.

29. Colin?

Colin?
    from Alberta

Edmonton Alberta here.

:)

30. I saw one on Kijiji Toronto today buy it was a '68 IIRC.