Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Anyone know what this frame is? Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. butch27

butch27

Still lookin for a Simplex/Servi Cycle frame??

3. hubcap

hubcap
    from phx

My cousin had a Mickey Thompson back in the early seventies that we ABBUSED! His dad threattened to take it away from us when we "chopped" it with water pipe after seeing 'EASY RIDER'. It was trickie to ride with the extended front end and if you pulled a wheely the front wheel was likely to fall off.

4. rev106

rev106

We just did a Parking structure with 21 bikes inthe rain! What hoot! pics up soon.

Paul
    sfvisbf

5. canadianzed

canadianzed

All I have left are the memories and the paper work,
    (Cost 194.50 + tax) It was a lot of money back then, just ask my mom.
    [​IMG]

6. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Here's what I built in the late 50's.
    125 Yamaha..16hp.
    We had regular Saturday night races at the local 1/5 mile dirt track in between the B and A mains of the big bikes.

Attached Files:

deadbeat likes this.
  7. Wesley

Wesley

here is mine. I bought it used at a garage sale about 10 years ago to tow my son's jr dragster and put around the pits. I have no idea what brand it is. I have spent many hours over the years surfing the internet to find out who made it. I have yet to see another exactly like it. Underneath the red paint is a funky metal flake green. Any ideas on the manufacturer or was it home made. Not that it really matters to me, but it would be cool to know who made it. I put the side panels on it because NHRA requires that you have your car number on pit bikes. Other than that the only thing I have done to it is put tires on it and ride the crap out of it.

Attached Files:

8. NeilageInc

NeilageInc
    BANNED

Not vintage, but still should be fun. It has a 50cc pocket bike engine. should be done with it a few days.

Attached Files:

9. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

Wow that brings back memories, I had one just like it. Had to take "coil overs" off because it would throw the chain off. I put on dual exhaust, and mud flaps. Used it for my motor cycle road test. They said I couldn't take the test on it because it didn't have a horn or rear view mirror, so I went down to the local bicycle shop and put on a bulb horn and the mirror. It past the inspection and I took the test on it and passed. I now ride a Yamaha Venture touring bike and my license is still good.

10. vwpete

vwpete

These are 2 of mine the Cushman Eagle is not finishe yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. rev106

rev106

Footage of our parking structure race from one guy's bike. He had a hopped up motor, didn't do to well in the rain and wet. Footage ain't the best but you get the idea, there were 21 guys racing the structure with mini bikes, total chaos! www.sfvisbf.com

</P>

12. rev106

rev106

13. rev106

rev106

14. A elia

A elia

Heres a my board track racer that i built
    IT"S FOR SALE

Attached Files:

quicksilverart46 likes this.
  15. A elia

A elia

Heres two more i built

Attached Files:

16. Wesley

Wesley

I figured out that this is a MTD model# 200. They also made it under the Columbia brand. The Columbia was a bit upscale to this as it had coil-overs suspending the rear seat. does anybody know when these were made? Judging from the print ads I have seen I am guessing mid to late 70's.

17. senior fried

senior fried

Hey Man, those are nice, I like them better than the Harley replicas Iv'e seen. Good work!

18. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

I looked thru page 7 of this post, I am looking for an original engine to a Scorpion mini bike. Any one have any available or a particular site I should check out ? Maybe do the typical Briggs ebgine install ? any idead would be great

19. I put it on ebay, and I was told it was a JCPenny or Montgomery Wards mini bike... Didn't sell at $300.

20. Frank

Frank

Not exaclty sure of the age. I have the same bike and it was metalflake green too. I don't have any side panels on it though. Someone must have added them.

Frank

21. flathead6

flathead6

Here is a picture of a 1971 Go-Devil that I started to redo about 2 years ago. The cool thing is that it folds up, and can fit in the trunk. Still not finished.

Attached Files:

22. SimonSez

SimonSez

I got this one recently on a local auction site from the original owner who bought it when he was 12. Not sure when he added the Harley stickers, though :)

It is a 1971 Buffalo. They were sold here in New Zealand at Kawasaki dealers, so I am pretty sure the engine is a two stroke Kawasaki. I am not sure if the frames are locally made or Japanese.

Attached Files:

23. Here's Mine. I made a new chain guard out of a stainless bowl and some scrap. I also have a 71 rupp roadster 2 that I'm working on.

Attached Files:

24. jmbmini

jmbmini
    from ohio

Hi Mark, The The Chopper Was Made By Power-dyne The Name Of It Is Called "the Rail" I Have A Brochure Of It With A Nice Picture And Info. Jmbmini

25. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Looking for some manuals and came across my old 1963 Steens catalog with all that minibike stuff.:eek:

Had a custom minibike with a 4hp briggs. Could do 45mph. Scrub brake.:D

Also built a 3hp trike for younger brother. Ran great, but him and his friends kept busting the damn thing. I would weld it up, they would break it. Then they would just laugh. Finally stopped fixing it.:rolleyes:

26. fix

fix

I got one. the crank is seized. I did manage to get the piston out, but the project is on hold behind a bunch of other crap.

I could probably be talked out of it. Got anything to trade?

27. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

My Posse:

Attached Files:

28. GearHeadDiver

GearHeadDiver

Got into it a few years ago....to pass the winter.
    Some I had when I was a kid....others I wanted when I was a kid.
    Sold most....kept my favorites

Fully restored right down to re-cad plating the original Honda bolts :rolleyes:

And my Chrysler Sno-Runner (BEFORE complete restoration) have 3 now.:D

Attached Files:

29. Wesley

Wesley

I added the side panels because NHRA requires that pit bikes have your class and car number on them.

30. Adriatic Machine

Adriatic Machine

This puppy is worked, a few more details to be finished.

Attached Files: