Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project Warthog.. A new build, pics inside...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bear Metal Kustoms, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Had some time to actually mess around and mock up one of my own cars in the shop the last couple days..I am calling it(not naming it) project warthog.. That is what it reminds me of..Pulled one of the guys off a customer car and this is what we got now...motor is just mocked in car right now.. Gotta build mounts in the morning...I keep telling the wife that this is gonna be hers since I sold her T coupe... She is actually excited to drive it....Plan on running 8 single barrel carbs on this intake... Tell me what you think.. Be nice.. this is the rough draft. There are a lot of small details and cleaning up we gotta do.. Jason.

Attached Files:

2. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Warthog wouldn't be a bad name. It is one bad ass airplane! Car looks like the name would fit.

3. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

Like that rear suspension design.

4. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks, It works really well.. The turtledeck is so low on this car I needed a suspension that was pretty flat. No room for a buggy spring or coilovers.. Probably could have put some small coils in but I thought this might be a better ride.. Jason

5. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

:eek::eek::eek::eek: SICK! Theres no way your gonna let your lady have 2 badass cars!

6. Dyce

Dyce

I wonder about the rear springs being mounted to the tubing like that though. Are you sure that's going to hold up?
    Jeff

7. LabRat

LabRat

love that rear , been keepin an eye out for lightweight frame designs . will be watchin keep us posted . an love the tower o' power go for it !

8. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

It will be fine.. The tubing is thick wall DOM 1 3/4 tubing.. The plates are 3/8.. I haven't aded the gussets over the tube connecting both sides of the plate yet and there will be a lower plate.... The suspension on this car is super balanced..Jason.

9. looking good man!

How much did you sweep the front rails?

10. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I am not sure how much sweep.. probably close to 4 inches... Your parts will be here Tues. and I will send em right down... Jason.

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, I don't think that even with the added bracing could pass for road worthy in Oz. I know I'd definitely want more strength.
    Other than that it has a nice stance. What the hell is the induction set up, any better pics of it? Looks pretty wild.

12. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Read my first post... This is not complete.. This is mocked up.... There is more bracing and tubing, gussets, etc.. This was to get it rolling.The car is going to have an integrated cage that ties into the hoop the springs are attached to.. Jason

13. Dyce

Dyce

Sorry. Didn't mean to start picking. I like the rear suspension. Nice and compact. Looks like it'll work good with the bracing. Sucker is going to be low!!!
    Jeff

14. thanks.
    you are the man.

now if i can only convince my wife she needs a roadster too....

15. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Every woman needs a roadster like this.. It really shows you care....Right??? Jason.

16. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

I like it!!!!!!!!! The only thing I might question is how close together the rear spring's are. It look's like you might get alot of body roll with them that close together.I'm sure it will work but it might be better with the springs on the bottom wider apart and make your diaganal link's on the top. Just a thought. I really like the chassis and the way you have that tubular rear section GREGG

17. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

We thought about the body roll issue also.. But I can put 2 guys on one side of the frame and jump around...The frame still stays flat....I think the lower links and the short leaves keep the roll to a minimum.. Jason.

18. jonny o

jonny o

Jeeze, that's going to be purdy! What the hell kind of setup is on top of the tunnel ram? You really going to run 4 4's ?

19. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I am going to run eight single barrel carbs...

20. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

"Roadsters are forever!" Thats how the commercial goes, right? That intake is SICK! Keep us posted.

21. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

ok boss, lets show people some updated pics of the tubing in this thing.

JohnnyG.

22. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Its pretty neat,,,, I don't really like the intake...I think its way to much,,, but if your
    into it cool.. I look forward to seeing where this goes... maybe a 6X2 intake?? my 2 cents..

23. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Great build. I clicked on the rear suspension setup and caught myself staring for far too long. Awesome ingenuity, keep the updates rollin' in.

24. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

that is one slick ride, i really like the rear set up!! you can tell there was a lot of brain work involved.

25. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I am still undecided about the intake...It looks crazy in person.. I may end up just going with a multi carb intake...Didn't get a chance to work on it tonight.. Gonna stay at the shop late on Friday and try to get the chassis finished... Jason.

26. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I hear you about the crazy,,, but somtimes crazy takes away from the whole car..
    its a bit over powering so to speak..

I really dig the car tho...I think its going to be cool,,,

27. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Evel, you need to come out to the shop sometime.. We have lot's of cool stuff going on right now...I will be posting an invite to my open house soon..it is in May that coincides with a local car show... food, drinks, band, etc...fun had by all... Jason.

28. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I got most of the rear structure done now..Still need to add shock mounts.. Rear suspension is nice and solid.. Gotta mount body and build body mounts and my steering and brake mounts.. Figured I would post an update.. Jason.

Attached Files:

29. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I like it . but after breaking a lot of stuff at the strip .
    I`m going to say those springs are going to be the weak link .
    and will let the rear end twist backwards under acceleration and you will get wheel hop till something breaks/ shears off !
    maybe two bars on the out side of the springs would help but with out shackles would bind every thing up ?
    hell break it first !....then worry about it nice work ! :)

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

to heck with the wife!!!! i want one!!:D!!!lookin great jason!:)