Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chicago BrushMasters HAMB Meet & Greet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldbobsign, Jan 25, 2008.

1. There will be a HAMB Meet & Greet in front of the stage at the ChicagoBrushMasters Display at the World of Wheels in Chicago on Saturday at 12:30pm.

Hang around until 1:00pm for the first of three charity auctions to be held on Saturday to benefit the Ronald McDonald House: www.chicagobrushmasters.com It's at great opportunity to pickup some automotive art, including this hand-lettered panel:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

oooooooooooooooooooooo :)

Looks very cool! I'm working all weekend so I will not be attending... but have fun and raise alot of money!!!

3. blktie

blktie

Larry...

Can't go Sat or Sun, so I'm going tonight. Hope to see you there. If not, I'll see you for breakfast.

P.S. That sign is outstanding!

4. Moparhead

Moparhead

Wow Larry,that panel is beautiful. Fuzzy

5. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

Yes, it is a beautiful panel put only one of hundreds of fine works up for auction at the WOW this weekend. Larry and all the Brush Masters are to commended for an outstanding effort in support of the Ronald McDonald House. I was fortunrate eniough to purchase this fine work at the auction, and it is now in my shop for all to see. just want to thank all the Chicago Brush Masters for their Generosity and open hospitatily at the show today.

6. Hey Larry, great work, and great what the Brushmasters do for charity.

7. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Their exhibit was the BEST part of the show hands down!

8. Jim is correct . It is the best part of the show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Get your butts down there for todays auctions at 1 & 4 pm . Outstanding art , a good cause ( Ronald Mc Donald House ) and great stripers . Watching Pat Callahan as Auctioner is worth the price of admission alone. I'm also running out of money . I keep bidding on all that great artwork.

9. Diamond49

Diamond49

I couldnt say it better. The Brushmaster display was beautiful.
    Thanks Larry for your open hopspitally at the WOW show. It was fun getting behind the scene and seeing Brushmasters hard at work.The panel we were fortunate enough to get, will be dear to us for a life time. Thanks for going that extra mile and getting the signatures on it.

10. To all of the CB's who put on what has to be one of the finest panel jams I have ever attended:Thank you for a tremendous weekend.The unbelievable quality of the artwork,the friendliness of the people,the fun of meeting new people and renewing friendships with old was beyond belief.
    Hopefully my voice will return in the near future and my damn nose will stop running and my sanity return to a tolerable level.Can't wait for next year.

11. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I had two coworkers attend the show (actually one was a judge)

BOTH came up to me and mentioned how much I would have loved the artwork there. From what I've read and heard from them... you guys really nailed it!

12. Brett88

Brett88
    from ILLINOIS

WOW.....I love the smell of ONE SHOT.

13. Hey, Rudy, thanks so much!

I was thinkin' of you when they auctioned off the strat - it went for $4,000!!!

14. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful compliments.:)

I'm grateful and honored to be just a small part of a hard-working and dedicated bunch of stripers who enjoy helping kids.:cool:

We're having a meeting next week to start planning next year's event and hope to make it even better!

Thank you to each and everyone of you who bid on our art and helped us set a high goal to shoot for next year.

15. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I bid on some stuff - got outbid!

really great stuff there this year - I look forward to seeing what comes up next year!

16. Brett88

Brett88
    from ILLINOIS

Hey Larry, You guys did a great job!! Hats off to all. Great fun thanks for the invite.

17. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Here are two of the 4 panels we were able to win!!

what a great amount of talent in one place. had a ball, more on that later

a Bob Behounek panel
    [​IMG]
    and a PPoC (Peter Pan of Chicago) panel:p I'm a happy camper :) don't have pics of the other two yet, but will soon
    [​IMG]

18. slammed

slammed

Nice blend of color's Joel!

19. Thanks, Brett for comin' to help us out!!!

Not only did you create some killer panels, you also did a great job on the TV interview, caught it on WTTW's "Chicago Tonight" show last night.:cool:

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Since I was only there friday, looks like I missed all the fun, but you guys looked like you had a killer set up. Awesome.

21. bigken

bigken

Dang Larry, wish I wasn't 970 miles south of ya...... Killer work, and commendable effort for the charity.
    Kudos - BigKen

22. We haven't had that much fun in a long time. The Brushmasters are some of the greatest people on this earth. I'd like to thank each and everyone of them (Larry,Bob Bohanek, Mark , Ken Maller, Joel , Stitts and the rest of the gang)that took the time to introduce my youngest grandson to the world of stripes. It's good to see the masters concerned about handing down the tradition to the next generation.

Saturdays presentation to Ken Maller was the one of the best I've seen in a while. The "Brushmasters" truly hold this man in a place of the highest regard.

Cant wait until the next show !!!

23. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I need to get me some PPOC for my house! Talented AND a great guy!

24. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Deb,

Scroll through the pictures listed on this site. There is a good picture of you and Rob holding some of your goods.. www.hitechdigitals.com/galler...ers/index.html

25. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Thanks Tracy, Gary gave me his card. He seemed to have a lot of pics with me in it (not posted) LOL I think I was stalked:p LOL (jk)

gee now people are gonna see that awful pic :eek:

I need to take pics of my other panels, we bid on a Hansen one but some Harley dude bid us up to 200.00 so I had to quit :(....but I think i know how to get one of those LOL

Larry gave us this awsome panel with the lincoln on it and he striped over it with 3 (I think) shades of purple!!! Its so cool, I'll try to get pics on tonight. There were so many I wanted.

Mike, that was my fav of the 3 or 4 Joel had there. Thank God I got that one. someone was bidding against me, but quit Kinda early :D

Larry (palosvf3) you are right about that tribute to Ken, that was so funny, he cracked me up!!!

It was great meeting everyone from the HAMB and all the stripers!!
    we had the best time!!! Throw in the cars and bikes and it was perfect :p

Then seeing Larry's Buick more Icing on the cake. Had a great time with everyone at breakfast. and haning out with Gina and Mark!!!:p

26. Big Tony

Big Tony

I've been a huge fan since i saw the picture you did of Big Kens tirdie tree at the HAMB drags and each time i see something you top it...can't wait til the next one. Wished i could be there to do some bidding.... good luck.

27. Thanks guys, that's high praise indeed and much appreciated! You should consider makin' it up next year, bring your chili recipes and warm up a Chicago January for us!!!

28. A very humbling and gratifying experience!

I'm still groggy and can't believe such a wonderful weekend has already come and gone. It was great to see all the HAMB'rs that came by and hungout with us 1Shot crackheads. :D I enjoyed being with everyone and want to thank all of you that bought artwork through your bids to help our worthy cause from the bottom of my stented heart! :D

We accomplished everything we set out to do! And that was to:

1. Raise money for a very worthy cause.

2. Bring as many of Chicagolands automotive artists together in a fellowship to promote our art, way of life, and to honor all the greats and let them take their rightful place in history.

3. To try to leave a legacy and interest young pinstripers and lettering artists to take up the craft and push it into the future.

I took alot of cool pics myself and will try to share them with you all very soon.

I gotta tell you all something. At 52, I was the youngest of the 6 man commitee that worked to produce this event. I never seen so many talented guys work so hard, give so much of themselves, and expend some much energy this past year and especially this weekend then these guys. They were a true inspiration to me.

My hats off to oldbobsign (Larry Hansen), Stitts (Kenny Slowinski), Bob Bohuenek, Joe Babaluscko, Pat Finley, Harry and Jim Willet and a very special thanks to Ron Jelinik. I hope I haven't left anyone out. :) These old 1Shot slingers really set the bar for the younger generation.

More from me on this later.....

Joel

29. Hmmmmmm, I'm still a "thread killer" ?! :eek::confused:;):D

Joel

30. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

All the panels I tried biddin on went for crazy money and I`m broke as it is.....atleast I tried though!!!