Register now to get rid of these ads!

Devareax/Kaiser show pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dv8, Jan 27, 2008.

1. dv8

dv8

I didn't get a lot of pics...mostly just early stuff of us headed to the show. There were conservatively about 1,200 cars there in the parking lot of Westfield Sarasota Square Mall.

This is a free show, both to enter, and spectate. The weather turned out to be absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! It started out cold and wet!

[​IMG]

Me and MBL started out from my house in Riverview about a quarter after 6 a.m..
    I drove the hemi coupe, and Tim drove my merc. flatty powered '29 truck. We were quickly on the side of the interstate in the dark, and rain, with semis' whipping past at over 70mph. The berring in the fan pully took a crap, and the belt was smoking on the frozen pulley. We figured it out, and took the fan off, and decided to "hardcore it" :) on down to Osprey to meet up with Todd553, and some other Sarasota area hot rodders. It never ran hot...just crept up while in line to park.

We pulled out from Todd's house after some great hospitality from him and his wonderful wife!

Here's where all those open headders flushed out about a 6-point buck!!!

[​IMG]

We lined up and answered all the "Does this thing keep cool with no fan?" questions.

Here's a dude asking Todd (Who's just out of the shot) "Do you actually drive this on the street?"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a shot with the other cars lined up, and the super-cool hotrod of our new freind Brian, and his dad.

[​IMG]

We had a blast, allthough about 3 or 4 of the guys that were going to ride down with us couldn't make it.

This really is the BEST overlooked show in Florida!

2. 40 grey

40 grey
    from s.w. Fla.

I couldnt agree more, this is a really good way to spend a sunday morning. This is the best overlooked show on the west coast of Florida. I saw all your cars there, and the fan in the bed. Really bitchin rides. Mine didnt make it again, due to unforseen problems.(money/work) I have a long tradition of not bringing a car to this show,but coming anyway. Shows to cool to miss. Will you guys be at Billetproof? All the best, keep driving.

3. Butch11443

Butch11443

Also made the show. It was GREAT! Saw all of your cars, but only got to meet Tim . It is a very underrated show. There is something there for everybody. Took the stock coupe out for a change, seeing as I followed a stock Model T to the show. Was not a quick trip.
    Butch

Attached Files:

4. MBL

MBL

Aside the from the fan pulley freezing up, all was great with the truck. It was nice to meet everyone. Amazing how many HAMBers were there. It is a great show with something for everyone. It was definetly cool to caravan out there.Todd's gasser is just amazing.
    Tim
    MBL

5. dv8

dv8

I hope someone might have taken some pics of some of the other cars...my battery died in my camera.

Some of those Jags were bad ass!

6. MBL

MBL

Hey 40 grey, we are going to Billetproof. The Degenerators are sponsoring a trophy there. That show is going to be a blast as well. Plus, we stand to see a bunch of cars that we haven't already.

Butch11443, it was nice talking to you. Great leatherback! Hope to see you at Billetproof!

Tim
    MBL

7. Sorry we couldn't make it, The Poor Boys were having a blast ... putting a big dent in the Billetproof trophys...

I have a car to build in 52 days.

Attached Files:

8. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

dv8,
    good to see you out gettin bugs all over that new paint. your car looks great.
    send me some info on this show, maybe i can make it next year.
    dan

9. This is truly an overlooked show. I remember when it used to be at the airport and it really had some of the old high dollar antique stuff. Wish I could have been there. Somethings I miss about Florida. Clearwater, and Largo was my old stomping grounds for many a year.

10. Todd553

Todd553

Hey Guys,
    I had a great time Sunday. I think we'll have a morning get together every year. My son asked 50 times where the coll coupe and truck were. By the way Jon, how do you feel about fake hemi valve covers?
    Thanks again,
    Todd

11. dv8

dv8

God...I feel like such a douche! So many guys are a dick to me, and I dissed that guys' rat rod right to his face....It would have been cool of Tim to give me a heads-up that it was that guys car...not near as funny though! :)

12. dv8

dv8

Thanks Dan. We've put about 300 miles on the coupe...drove to Venice, and Bradenton. I've got to square away a couple of things on both cars, and I'm trying to finish the model T before Billetproof.

There isn't much info on the Devareaux/Kaiser show...usually just a date in the cruise magazines, but I'll give you a heads-up next year. It really is a cool show.

13. dv8

dv8

Oh Shit!!! Those look big! We better step it up a notch! Maybe I'll paint "Real Mill" on a rusty 52 Victoria, and drag it up there. :)

You guys look like you had a blast!

You all need to go to this show next year...

Build like the wind Mike!

14. 40 grey

40 grey
    from s.w. Fla.

DV8 and others, Devereuax show was always traditionalybeen super bowl sunday. Then the year the bucs got in it was changed to the sunday before the super bowl. Its been that way ever since. I to can remember when the show was at the airport, at the go-cart track across 15th street from the runway. Thats been a few years back, the go-cart track has since been mowed over. Progress.:( I suppose.:(

15. bzt

bzt
    from venice fl

it was good fun riding up with you guys todd really knows how to host a good breakfast. were organizeing a ride up for billetproof so let me know what you fellows are up too, i need to bust ass on the pickup. hellish work schedule for the next month. peace guys. -john from big V

16. dv8

dv8

Hey John! We had a good time riding with you guys as well!

We are heading to Ocala on the friday before Billetproof, got to make the pre-party!

Probably leave about noon, and take our time...and hit every gas station on the way up!

17. bzt

bzt
    from venice fl

sounds cool to me i gotta get moving on my vehicle if i stand a chance of making it or i might just have to hitchike! by the way im in need of some tail lights. i could go get some from napa but they have zero style so if you happen to have some that can mount to a flat surface ill trade you a few misc. things, i got an OG eelco gas pedal cast alum. came off a 35 chevy with an injected 392. man ive got some wacky stories.

give me a ring sometime if your in venice and stop by. 941-615-7740 peace

18. 40 grey

40 grey
    from s.w. Fla.

bzt, I have a set of 40 chevy (car ) tailights. Buckets, lenses, and 12 volt sockets installed. Three sets of lenses, stock, blue dot, and custom vacuum formed devil heads. Their in the garage somewhere, Ill find them if your interested. Im in Sarasota. Tim-- 539-3451.