Register now to get rid of these ads!

what is this 34 five window worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam F., Jan 25, 2008.

1. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i looked at this tonight,,,i told the dude i'd sleep on it like Meatloaf......the doors are completly wasted..the driverside MIGHT be usable with a inner & outter lower partch panel and alot of metal work,,ALOT of metal work..,but the passenger side is just decoration. there is no decklid,the passenger side quarter is completely smashed up,,pretty bad. there is rust through everywere,,i didnt see one panel without pinholes,,...on the roof,in the winshield inner header,the body is seperated from the floor (what floor?!)and is flopping around at the bottom of the body,,,the rear lower valance is smashed up.the frame has visable rust through in the rear from 10 feet away.it needs patch panels al the way around...all the garnishes are gone
    ,,it was an ex stock car many many years ago....

is it worth brinigng home,,,i've always wanted a 33/34 coupe,,and i dont have the cash,but the lady at the bank told me to get it if i want it...but this one is making me have second thoughts,,,,

what is it worth???

thanks,,,your new best friend,Sam

[​IMG]

2. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

$2.50 and a jawbreaker!:D They aint making them any more,I would say some where between $1,000 and $3,000....just a guess.....

3. Uptown83

Uptown83

varies so much!
    500-5k? depends what he wants and how bad you want it.

4. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

yeah,,i know..,,but trying to get a feel for once BERFORE i actually buy something,,,for the past 20 years i have been buying shit on instinct,,only to find out after i bought it that its not worth what i thought it was...i was just wanting to get an honest opinon what its worth based on the description i gave....

some of you guys know that i love dragging shit home and making something cool outta it...but i think if i do get this ,it will be a LONG term project,,,nothing wrong with that as i am 34 years old and trip out on the stories of dudes that have had shit for 20 plus years and collect over the years and then put it all together,,,:D

5. i guess it depends on how bad you want one. they ain't growing on trees thats for sure. but, damn, when you cut out all the bad shit whats left of your original coupe? not much. if your going to buy patch panels you'd be better off spending more on a better one, but, your pretty crafty with a piece of sheet metal so you could probably fix a lot of it. i think i'd pass.

6. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

just looking for honest opinons,,,as i really have no idea if its worth dragging home,i am not wanting to get a value for resale by any means!,but trying to figure out what an unbiased opion thinks its worth so i can figure out if he's asking to much or too cheap.....

thanks!

7. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

yeah,,,,i agree,

i love 33/34 coupes...,but when i first saw it, it wasnt like i was all excited . :)

8. Clark

Clark

I wouldn't pay more than a thousand for it....IF that. Looks pretty bad. It would have to be cheap to consider it cause you're gonna have a shitload of time into it.

Start collecting parts...a cowl here, door there, etc etc and you'll have one cheap in no time.
    Clark

9. $500,tops...

10. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

that's what i was thinking,,,,he wants $2000.00 and he is FIRM on that price,because he said its coming out in the "Auto Trader" next week for $2500.00,,,,

thanks!:)

11. Clark

Clark

I know it's hard but I'd pass! There was a similar car on ebay right before I got mine...went for right around $1000.
    Clark

12. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Id buy it for 2000 let it sit acouple years till i was ready to tackle it.

13. Uptown83

Uptown83

i would be very tempted to buy it for 2k...

14. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

it does photograph well:)

15. Uptown83

Uptown83

Ya they all do... but the stuff that looks damaged is the easier shit to fix IMO.
    I have about 1/2 a 34 5w window in pices. So i would buy it personally just to complete it

16. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I would pay about 3 grand, but it will take many more thousands to build it, so keep that in mind.

17. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

$2K? Buy it or hook me up. It's a lot of bread for that bad a body and repairs will probably cost another $10,000 - chassis - a second $10,000. Interior, glass, wiring, Engine, trans. But as the guys said - where ya gonna get one?

18. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Thats an easy fix for $2K.

The roof section is worth that.

-Jason

19. Uptown83

Uptown83

10k? in body repair? wtf you paying someone else to do it? brand new panels would be like 2-3k

20. If it comes with the frame I would jump on it for 2K. Around here that would be a steal but I don't know how easy it is to get one out your way.

21. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

first one i've ever seen around here for sale!.but then again..i dont ever see model A's or anything for sale locally...

22. KomptonKid

KomptonKid

I sold my 5W, a shell like this one on a sagged frame, for $2200.00. That was in the late '80's. It did have good doors, but the deck lid was cancerous. 2k is a decent price in today's bucks as long as you understand, which you obviously do, that its just a start. If you're only willing to pay $500 for something like this, you've got a long wait to find anything this day and age.

23. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

I'd have to walk. As soon as I get a hair up my as and buy something that I had second thoughs about, I end up finding a better deal, and am stuck with a piece of shit, and I've had alot of the proverbial(and literal) pieces of shit. Just my personal experience tells me, wait for the one that when you go look at it, you know THATS THE ONE! And this is coming from a 33-34 Fanatic.

EDIT, WANTED TO AD A LITTLE STORY: Those cars are really easy to make a mess out of, and they are really hard to undo some one elses mess. A friend of mine here in escondido, "always wanted" a 3 window 34, finally found one back east that was a stock car, but a 8 grand he could actually afford it. It was all fucked up. Took him 7 or 8 years of nights and weekends before he had a decent car, Loves his car and doesn't regret it, but still to this day he says he wishes he would have waited for a better one.

Drew

24. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

wait for the one that when you go look at it, you know THATS THE ONE!
    wait for the one that when you go look at it, you know THATS THE ONE!wait for the one that when you go look at it, you know THATS THE ONE!

25. ...

Attached Files:

26. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

I would never borrow money to buy into a project ( you are aware of the term "subprime loan" ?) but then again they haven't made any since 1934 have they and the roof appears to still hold it's shape. I've seen a lot worse on here being straightened out.
    [​IMG]

27. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

If you've got the space, the time, the tools and you know how to fix all the rust and smashed up body peices, I'd say $1,500 is a good deal, but i would pass. And thats ONLY because i have other projects that could use the cash. but if i didn't have a project, and was lookin, and had all of the above, plus the cash to buy it and a couple grand to sink into it. I'd go for it.
    -Anthony

28. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

idsay its worth it. almost all panels are avail for it, skins and such, arent they?

they dont grow on trees, but you gotta factor in all the rest too. Time is always easier to come by than Money for me.

29. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I'd consider this one a donor car. Save your money and buy one that's in better shape. You'll be much better off.

30. mecutem

mecutem

I would buy it for 2k in a minute. It will never be worth any less. Its prime mainstream hot rod material..........not some unpopular oddball model. Sounds like you can do some metal work yourself. The way I see it you would not have to do very much to this to bump the value up to 8-10k and have all kinds of old car fun along the way. Steve