Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for pics of 70's street freaks!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigO, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

The car was a chopped 2 door sedan? If so I have it.

2. but it aint no mustang :D...any pics?????????

3. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Nice Comet circa 1975

Attached Files:

droppedstepside likes this.
  4. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Oops. I meant I have the magazine with it featured.

5. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

YOu know what I meant. I guess you missed my point, so you can argue for arguments sake. Does that make it any more of a fuckin' 70's street freak. NO That car was the first well know, jacked up race machine. Reguardless of it being designated C/A by the 1959 rule book, or if the wheelbase was altered, it was the original, but the rules of a "Gas Class" car were very strict in the late 50's and early 60's. Beacuse it was a race only machine even if the wheels were not moved forward it still would have not fit into the "gasser" class of 1959.

Now I wasn't around at that time, nor have I ever claimed to be an expert, I just know what I have read, and picked up along the way. And from what I have learned in my quest for knowledge of all things gasser, is that that car was a "gasser" before there ever was such a thing as we think of them.

here another link about it from my favorites:
    http://www.allpar.com/racing/high-mighty.html

Drew

Attached Files:

7. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

You heart them? WTF??? :confused: Please explain........

8. hemi

hemi

LOL! Pretty self explanatory.... like the bumper stickers I (shape of heart) my Poodle. I heart street freaks.... and show rods, and gassers, and Cragar mags.

Maybe I shoulda said Street Freaks give me wood... :D

9. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Thats cool...I read ya now!:D Never saw it written like that before, thats all. Man ,I'm getting old .:eek:Have a good nite Mr. Hemi !

10. No, not that one,it was a 2 dr sedan with aluminum slot wheels.Hemi power,full front end(possibly tilt front end).It has stuck in my mind,as one of the toughest looking cars ever.

11. That's right,i forgot it was chopped. Never saw it covered anywhere else.:confused:I'm searching too,damn i have too many magazines!

12. Algon

Algon

No one missed your point, the guy was clearifing that you too were wrong. That car though sporting most of a full body is almost as far from being a Gasser as it is from being a StreetFreak. It is well known now that its been replicated and published to the modern masses seeking to label anything running a straight axle and an inch of extra nose height as a Gasser.

The RamRod and later High and Mighty is known for its tunnel ram intake, and link style suspension though a quick look through some old magazines will clear up any "its the first to do this" other than being billed as the first combined Ramcharger effort.

Its a badass car that was used to test experimental equipment and a cool peice of history as it is, you don't have to hype it up. Its similar to guys saying Garlits invented the rear engine dragster inspite of those who came before him. It takes effort to invent something but all you need is popularity to be the first.

13. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

I disagree.

But what the hell,, so lets show this guy some pictures like he asked for.Here's a couple pics I've collected along the way. I think they fit in this category, and I dig'em. My passion for gassers started with the street freaks of the late 70's early 80's. I remember there were still quite a few prowling the streets on Saturday night when my pop would take me out with him in his 427 Galaxie.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Algon

Algon

Gasserfreak,

I'm a big on the High and Mighty car myself and I don't mind a StreetFreak or two. The wagon you posted isn't for me but its tough looking and better yet something different.

I just like the facts,whether you were there or looked it up five minutes ago the car is a C/Altered and a bit far from the ones that pulled double duty in Gas and Altered at the same time to bag Larry T for correcting you or calling it the original Gasser.

Where I do agree, is that I don't want to debate it and jack this guys thread that just wanted some pictures. I don't know LarryT from Adam but I'd guess he can speek for himself.

Later...

Attached Files:

15. the Magazine was called street machine I think it had a mustang on the cover........

16. dirty mikey

dirty mikey
    from chicago IL

some cool stuff in this thread.

17. Spike!

Spike!

Here are the two cars that I shot for Rod and Kulture...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spike

18. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

I'm still a slow and low guy myself, but these are pretty damn cool.
    Aside from the vans..

19. greyone

greyone

Here's a Seventies survivor. Has shackles about a foot long , a homade one barrel high rise, and the ever popular seventies sunroof! The show stuff in the magazines is great but day to day you saw alot of stuff like this driving around![​IMG]

20. monsterflake

monsterflake

not all of 'em were jacked up...

[​IMG]

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

I remember this thing,man what a blast to drive I bet? Ya gotta wonder where it is today? Prolly been outa site for a long time,I would love to know what happened to it....or what about Gary Kowalskis (sp) black 55 chevy 2 door post 1000 hp straight front axle but sat low...its the first tubbed car that I remember even though the frame I dont believ was narrowed,anyone know what happened to it?

22. hemi

hemi

Oooooooooo! I have that issue. I'd drive the crap outta that '57.

23. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

This Mustang was at the Rock Island Il car show this past weekend. I thought it was one of the coolest things there. It appeared to be some old street freak from the day.

Attached Files:

24. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

I remember and love that '57 with the crazy engine setback but yet subtle-looking paint! Look closely at that picture of him passing the Cougar on the street with his arm hanging out the REAR side window. I bet the cops loved that one!

25. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

That photo is FRIGGIN' AWESOME!

26. slammed

slammed

This '57 is killer. See, the '70's had some good moment's. Rainbow 'lumbo too. Panama Red..........

27. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

That '57 is THE baddest '57 ever built!

I've got drawings of it I did in HS....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.