Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. tikiguy

tikiguy

I collected Hot Wheels, Topper Johnny Lightnings and other diecasts. A few hundred model kits. Just sold off about 100 of them and some diecasts on ebay for about 5K to pay off some bills. Huge comic collection. Vintage magazine collection. Robt. Williams, Coop, Von Franco, Pizz and Todd Schorr art collection books and prints. Kiddie Car Classics pedal cars. Tiki glass collection. Glass insulators. Vintage tube guitar amps and stereo amps. Probably a bunch of stuff packed away I forgot about. I need to continue the ebay thing to make some space at the tikihut. ;)
    Tiki

2. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

Hey G Man hang in there = going on 69 yrs old== on my 4th wife= and got so much shit my house looks like antique store = you name it i got it or no about it =biggest problem I got is this banger obsession parts cars n crap=just watch the wanted adds here n unload what ya can ==Kick back n enjoy it in the meantime
    Lifes too short to not collect
    Ken

3. canadianzed

canadianzed

anything that I can get more than one of is a reason for me to start a collection.
    [​IMG]

4. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Sold my Hot Wheels to buy more Motor Oil Cans and Ohio sample license plates. Sold both the cans and plates to buy my model A. Now I'm collecting parts for it. :)

Later,Bill

5. loggy

loggy

Cant recall if i'd posted on here before,cant be arsed to check......but in addition to the regular car related stuff (US and vw)and the house full of general retro items/furniture.......the current fascination is for old posters........mostly movie posters pertaining to things i'm interested in,old b-movies,car movies (tho originals of dragstrip riot n hot rod gang still sadly elude me..:() n the odd surf film (got big wednesday cos i love the film,wouldnt mind the odd early b brown flick)......
    Pastlane,if you got any doubles or owt i might be interested.....or folks i'd love a cool event poster or 2 from back in the day (50s/early 60s)....keep myself in the style i've become accustomed to.....broke!:D:rolleyes:

6. loggy

loggy

hey dude,that all sounds good tho,definately trading onwards n upwards there:)

7. Ritchie

Ritchie

Cigars and empty beer cans

8. Thumper

Thumper

I collect.......whatever I can find. Tinfoil, sporks, car wash tokens, matchbooks, golf tees, nuts & bolts, bic lighters, refrigerator magnets, empty Pringles cans (for the nuts & bolts ), navel lint....mold, spores and fungus..

9. 51-322special

51-322special
    BANNED

im n2 resin kits..monster,babes etc....

10. Have you ever heard of Monsters in Motion? It's about 5 miles from my house and carries all kinds of monster models and movie monster stuff. Check out their website.

11. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

anything thats old that i have room for

12. As a matter of fact yes, I just don't know what you call them or what you would use them for but there are lots of them. There are more now that there were earlier when I looked. I can't seem to remember actually collecting them though. I wouldn't even know where to look for more. I hope somebody can tell me what I've got here.

13. guiseart

guiseart

...I got three ex-wives, hope to stop collecting those though.

14. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

At on time I collected Hot Wheels, but it got to addicting and I had to join a 12 Step Program. Ha, ha, ha.

15. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Be sure to get the HWA Big Book, good luck 12 steppin.

16. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Anything from 50s styl malt shops:

Attached Files:

17. scarylarry

scarylarry

My wife says I'm the worlds worst full time antique dealer because I collect what I sell! Jukeboxes, early arcade games, signs, sideshow banners, giant advertising stuff, some Roth painted stuff, 60's hot rod models and tin toys. A lot of my junk was in the house post a while back.

18. 067chevy

067chevy

I'm a huge nascar, nhra fan and when they decided to quit the tobacco sponsors I decided to buy up all the die cast cars I could. smoken joe, winston, sKoal, cope even got alot of miller bud and coors stuff too. they are all action and revell 1/24 scale and I got alot of money rapped up in this. well now it isn't worth shit. They are all put away in there boxes and wainting until the day the market for that stuff comes back. Shortly after they quit making them they were like gold. Smokin Joe funny cars were selling for around 500.00.

19. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

around 250 1/18th scale die-cast cars, some hotwheels/matchbox cars from when i was a kid, some lego kits from when i was a kid [one big one that builds a pretty big car with r&p steering, moving pistons, tranny gears etc.], snap-on 'toys' nitro powered r/c stuff, and an old cigar band collection i got from my grandfather from when he was a kid, 1/24th model kits. my son is 17, and is well on his way to perfecting the pack rat gene.................

20. 94blackta

94blackta

21. 94blackta

94blackta

hey if any of you guys no someone with chrondek tree for sale like pastlanes pleases let me know!

22. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    I have about 30...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  23. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

24. 1:20scale brass narrow gauge locomotives, and rolling stock. 1:18 die cast open wheel race cars. Got enough of both to fund retirement, but ain't gonna' sell em. Also antique sidewalk scooters. Shit, if it's got wheels, I'll collect it!

25. Draginit1290

Draginit1290
    from Mesa, AZ

damn, i read thru all the posts and thought i was going to be the first to say i collect arcade machines or anything coin-operated in my case really. but scary larry was 1st. but now since i found my car in april and all i care about is wrenching on that, i have downsized A LOT since i dont have time for them and only keeping my favorites. especially my TRON machine.. we go waaay back! sold some of my EM pins in mid-resto just cuz i knew i would never go back to finish them...i miss those old pinball machines and will prolly regret selling'em :( so now i just have left 2 arcades, 1 MAME, 1 newer pinball machine, my valley cougar dart board, a pool table, and two jukeboxes.. and i dont think i can part with any of these.
    -oh and lots of beer bottles!!

26. gallagher

gallagher
    from califorina

i used to collect vintage arcade machines but im thinning them out for funds for my coupe collected some old coke stuff bottles and a working coke machine old gas pump a slot machine rubber tire ashtrays .

27. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

my parent were always big into collecting and antiques....thats what go me started on the old cars...since i was a baby they have taken me to antique shows and what not...we collect anything and everything...my parents have tons of stoneware...we actually had a collector come one time and had a fit cuz we were using a $5000 stoneware canister as a garbage can...but it was something my parents only paid a few bucks for...my mom has one of the most extensive collections of sterling silver in the country....my dad collects woodworking and gold leafing tools....we have over 2000 moulding planes and a big collection of molds for casting the elaborate patterns on guilt picture frames...that also led to restoring gold leaf frames and paintings and eventually collecting paintings....I personally collect military things...mostly WWII avaition and civil war...I also am big into sporting stuff...bamboo fly rods and double guns mostly...advertising is another big collection and vintage cash registers, basically anything mechanical and of course anything even related to cars or gas stations...and finally flatheads ive got more than i know what to do with so much so that i have been having to hide them at my sisters house somy parents dont find out...i got 4 at my parents and about 10 in my sisters garage mostly from 1935-1940

28. I collect hawaiiana and carve tikis

Attached Files:

29. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

nice collection

collecting hawaiiana/tiki stuff was fun for me, but got way out of hand.
    i sold most of it, but could not part with my top 200 mugs & statues.....

stay sick, turn blue