Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for pics of 70's street freaks!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigO, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :D Trying to find pics of shackled up cars from the 70's. I'm building a '64 Falcon HT in that style. Looking for ideas. Thanks in advance, Michael

2. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I know it's not traditional in the way the board wants but we've done some threads on these before. Peterpan of Chicago and a few other guys have some cool pictures of the. I personally dig them and don't know of a forum for them but PM me your e-mail address as I have something that would totally rock your street freak.

3. Jet Doc

Jet Doc

Here's one!

Attached Files:

4. Thanks guys. These are a great start. Jacked up is what I'm looking for. Great!!!:D

5. Da Injun

Da Injun

I love the street freak look. I recently posted something about a mid-engine 57 that was part of the street freak series in Car Craft. A few guys even posted photos of the car. Or how about R&C Highboy of the month? Remember that jacked up late 40's Olds Woodie wagon? Or if anyone collects model cars, the box art of the MPC 72 Impala jacked up with everything underneath painted orange? I will post photos after I buy a new scanner (mine is down)!

6. fitzee

fitzee

7. Da Injun

Da Injun

I found this on the internet somewhere. I think that is a bad ass car with a bad ass stance. That is a street freak. And it is from a recent show. Someone here might know the car

Attached Files:

droppedstepside likes this.

8. Can you imagine how bad that car must handle?????

cornering must be a white knuckle experiance!

9. Here you go.......

Attached Files:

10. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Krap - where's my old mag stash when I need it... I think my favorite of all time is 'Walking Tall", a 1955 Chevy featured in Car Craft if I am not mistaken, possibly Popular Hot Rodding, 1970 or 1971 - but there's a lot of AWOL brain cells between then and now.... Seems to me it was the tallest of the tall. I bet Rikster has a picture of it!! When I think of Street Freaks, I think of the pics published of a fella driving something weird like a bathtub or similar freakazoid with a blower through downtown NYC, back when they actually published a mag special or two entitled 'Street Freaks. Who did that? Popular Hot Rodding or? I remember the guy was smiling, and was happy as @hit. I guess that's all that matters...................:)

11. :D
    Thats what I'm talkin about!!! Thanks, Michael

12. Hell Yeah!!! Thats a great '55!!!:D

13. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

I have 3 full Photo albums from Street Machine Nationals (78,79,80) you might like to see...

Spoons

14. guiseart

guiseart

I can't help posting this one... I love this stupid thing.

[​IMG]

15. chrisman

chrisman

I thought Street Freaks was an "all show and no go" kind of thing, like street machines with van graphics, crushed velvet interiors, fake 'chutes and hood scoops etc., etc. Built to look good while cruising Van Nuys Blvd, and not much else.

The seventies at its worst...

16. Radshit

Radshit

My old Comet....call it what you will...

Attached Files:

17. Algon

Algon

Walking Tall was a black with flames 56 hardtop, sported a chrome chassis, and a blown BBC. What was left of her was forsale for $2,500 in 98 after an electric fuelpump fire.

I had a month old AutoTrader I was skimming through one last time before throwing it away... I had missed the ad before as there was no picture and the book was stapled off center,through part of it. I called the owner, the dude asked me if I could hear the truck in the background, when I said yes he told me that I was a bit late as the car was leaving right then. I'm not sure how bad the damage was but I was told it would have needed a roof at least.

I'm much more into real Gas cars or accurate clones than street freaks but man that car was cool. Its the frist car I think of when I hear street freak to this day, I hope someone rebuilt it....

18. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

ah yes, the Car Craft street machine nationals, did alot of those here on the west coast along with the Super Chevy Sundays......
    still miss that Camaro..

19. metalshapes

metalshapes

I just took mine for a drive today, come home and see that this old Thread has been brought back to the top...

What are the ods...:)

I got it on the Road a couple of days ago...

Attached Files:

20. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

why do it by halves ???????

[​IMG]

21. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

I remember those things when I was a kid. The owners used to scare me though. My dad called them "drunk teenagers on drugs". There used to be a few of those street freaks that hung out with the" bad people" across the street. Every time they left, it was always with the big old burn out. Man, they sounded bitchin'...

22. Kurt

Kurt

Before and after of my '53. Sometimes i wish i would have left it tall in the rear. Maybe i'll switch it back when i put the BBc in it for shits and giggles!

Attached Files:

23. gasshole

gasshole
    from new jersey

I think it looks great like that of course im a little bias:D

Attached Files:

24. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

That came out nice Alex. You work fast!

25. metalshapes

metalshapes

26. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

I dont know why but I love this one......
    [​IMG]

27. TINGLER

TINGLER

I like that one too.

I especially like how it offends the delicate sensitivities of the "true gasser" crowd. :D

That car is like a Roth cartoon come to life.

28. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I think the only difference between those cars and cars put onto 4x4 chassis are that they don't have mud tires and are only two wheel drive, But that's just my opinion.

29. TINGLER

TINGLER

hahaha.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.