Register now to get rid of these ads!

UPDATE 7: Starliner......TOP SECRET; May Cause DANGEROUS!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jan 21, 2008.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

The air blew off most of the "connectors" that went over the gaps. There are still a few, but they should just knock off easily, then sand smooth. The "strings" are really fragile, so they shouldn't pull up or anything like that. I don't think.

2. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

What's funny is that we thought about doing them along the rocker where we ended up putting lace.

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Hope y'all can open the doors and hood after all the clear goes on! Damn, it's looking SUAVE!

In the space of a dime, have someone with a little 1-Shot do an itty-bitty spider in a daze, hehe.

Wait, maybe with all 8 legs in the air and X's over her eyes....

5. 1320stang

1320stang
    from Edmond, OK

I like this idea, maybe do it even smaller and several, none within a couple feet of each other tho...

6. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

How can you resist not pulling that tape and paper off to see how it looks? It would drive me nuts! :D

I will miss seeing it at the GNRS but I respect your decision to not cobble it together to make it to a show. Like a fine wine a car must age into being :)

You BETTER bring it to Columbus though!

7. Kirk - that things is truly awesome. And comical, to boot, with the Chinglish instructions, you just have to love it. At least it wasn't as bad as menu's that have 'deep-fried crap' on them!:D

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

It was hard not to finish last night, but we had to let the clear set up.

I really want to drive it to Columbus, so you may just see it there!

9. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Please bring it to Columbus, Indy, or Bowling Green.. I would love to see it in person.

If you bring it to Indy you dont have to worry about wind blown objects hitting it.. My Sedan gravitates all wind blown projectiles toward itself.

10. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

i dont know if its more patience or balls, but that paint looks awesome.

alex will soon have cars wrapped round the block wanting lace jobs! way to go KIRK! and as always, thanks for the update

11. EL BOZITO

EL BOZITO
    from EAST BAY

the green seat will go perfect in there!!!!

12. kool1

kool1

I really can't believe how great your car is coming along. you two have worked magic even with techniqes you've never done before. I can't wait to see it done.

13. bigken

bigken

Lace AND cobwebs, dude, it don't get no better. I got WOOD. I'm gonna have to wear a diaper after the clear.............
    Fan-damn-tastic.

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

The assholes just sent the wrong fabric AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Fuck SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby, OR!!!!! Amazingly poor customer service!!!!!!!

15. I really do enjoy seeing the progress of the Starliner. Simply amazing and beautiful KIRK!

16. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

17. "do not confound"

lil late for that isnt it

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

19. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Nice work, it will def pay off in the long run can't wait until you unmask it!

20. 50Fraud

50Fraud

The producer/director of this film was Ward Kimball. He was one of Walt Disney's original animators, and was an early collector of antique toys. Small world!

21. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

that my cause dangerous

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

bad ass.... trying to bid a job like that to a customer would be next to impossible...

23. gas pumper

gas pumper

ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC, Thanks for letting us all see how much goes into this.

So I got this asshole helping me, and I said, go get some leftover shit and mix it together so we can paint this engine bay before we put the engine back in. So I'm taping and he comes with a gun full and we're ready to go.
    Well it comes out of the gun like those cobwebs, but in colors!
    I told him to go get the cans he used, Acrylic enamel and acrylic LATEX (house paint!) he says"well they both say ACRYLIC!" Didn't mix too well, separated in the gun, siphon gun.
    Took til the next day to dry. Didn't look half bad, and held up well.

I really didn't think anybody would TRY to do that. and be able to figure it out aaand have the balls to do something that untried on that car with all the hours already in it!

Frank

24. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I used to do a lot of cobweb in my younger days and I still love it but I dont do it anymore and wondered how the hell you could do it with the new paints.. Thanks for the lesson. I did a 650 Bonneville i owned with a gray base and 6 different lacquer colors for the web! Cleared the piss outta it and when it was rubbed out it was kick ass.. your car looks good.
    Dave

25. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

Hey Kirk, it's looking super wicked, any chance of posting pics of how the car looked before you started, then when you're finished? hope to see it in person at Sac.
    Brian.

26. Muttley

Muttley

HAHAHA.............Did you see the bank robbery? Did you notice how much money was stolen? Did you get their license number? Resume speed. Snake Plissken rules.

27. Cool shit man! Looks great! Hate to think about that first paint chip though.

28. KIRK!

KIRK!

BEFORE:

[​IMG]

29. It just keeps getting better Kirk! Right when I think,WOW what a car,you go and step it up to another level!!! Pretty exciting guys...