Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford owns your pictures of your Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by a lost cause, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Ford needs to put their efforts into the future and making better cars if they want to stick around; not harassing people about stuff that isn't even detrimental to their image and in fact may be one of the few positive things that helps to keep them in business. Honestly, Ford's past is looking a lot better than their future and the rate they and the other (2) num nut Big 3 are going, it is not looking too good for them. I don't want to hear about the cost of labor BS either. The fact is, most of their products are designed and marketed for the past, not the future. When you market for the past, that is where you end up. And, if they want to be in the past, they should stop harassing other people who promoting it. If they want to be in the future, they shouldn't worry about it.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

shit they owe us money..look at how many of their Icons that have been brought back to life..viva la HAMB

3. Boy, I'm glad my T is fiberglass.......I hope Tupperware doesn't come after my ass!!-MIKE:eek::D

4. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Have to agree, Ford's issue is TRADE MARK INFRINGEMENT more than "pictures."
    They are TRYING to protect the "Ford" name and the "emblem."

BUT ... if they plan on going after ALL the different infractions that ALREADY EXIST ...
    they have a hell of a BIG job ahead of them!!

5. Imagine that...a calender of various parking lots and lawns that just happens to have cars parked on them.....

6. Shane T.

Shane T.

Just take Ford off of any pics. Black out grilles and tailgates. My truck is a 2005 Shane T. original....

7. Shane T.

Shane T.

Anybody know where I can get a model a tailgate sans script?

8. pitman

pitman

Ok, you are a crafter of fine violins. And unfortunately the market for your older models tend to fall over time. After five years they descend to a value assigned to "generic fiddles" and bottom out. As time goes on, a few die-hards who repair and modify the instruments make a living by providing a legitimate service. Much later in time your legal department holds a meeting and tells you that the competition overseas is cutting into your profits, sales are down from the banner years of the 1700's, and that "we" are missing an important revenue stream, that of the repair/modifier crafters. As legal reps for the Stra-diversi fine instrument Co. we send out a blanket certified notice to all shops, demanding a cut of all your work?

9. sliderule67

sliderule67
    from Houston

When I picked up my '04 F150 (41k miles) from the dealer where the driver's side window lift was replaced at my expense, I made the comment that Ford sure was selling a lot of Tundras. It took the service rep a couple of seconds to get my drift.....

10. hemi

hemi

They also "own" the adjective "Boss" that hails from a time well before the Mustang.

I've said it before... corporate Ford and its soul-sucking lawyers suck. It's not that they can win, it's that they have lawyers who bill them and bleed you dry with extensions and continuances while you are stalled waiting on a verdict or risk back-paying them for usage if they eventually do win. They suck. I'll never own a Frod, er fraud.

11. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I don't want to beat a dead horse but didn't Total Performance get into a pissing contest with Ford a few years ago about their logo?

12. That's what Harley is aligning itself to do...

13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

What a great way to erode BRAND LOYALTY. I see their partnership with Harley Davidson is rubbing off on them.

14. Django, that's what I was about to edit into my post. You can hear it from anybody who has ridden a while, F.T.Factory.

Could happen to Ford too...

15. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

More Corporate Bullshit !! ..and taxpayers money if goes to court ....;-(

16. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I'll bet even Ford would say this is bullshit.

Just another urban legend like 150 pound rats in the sewers, "the government cares about the middle class", MacDonalds serves wholesome food, silicone feels "natural", skull decals look good, "I didn't do it, it was the dog!", checks in the mail, "this won't hurt", "the Pontiac Aztec..beautiful car of the future", mullets are "in", "ohhh, nobody will notice that thing on your lip", and "But officer, I had no idea that was against the law".

17. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

thats incredible...Well neither of mine say FORD anywhere on them anyway, feel free to publish them in TRJ.

18. I'll sell them all my Fords as long as they are willing to pay my price to get their Fords back,,,,,

I understand trademark infringement,,,,,manufacturing a Ford part and sell it,,,such as logos and bodys for that part,,,yes,,,you have to have their blessing,,,,

A calendar,,,I still say BS,,,HRP

19. pitman

pitman

Hmmmm....? yugo ?

Oval needed, where's the Friday artists when ya need 'em?

20. Squablow

Squablow

Lawyers they got. Money? Not so much. They've been borrowing huge sums of money to keep themselves afloat for the last few years. Ironically, one of the things they put up as collateral is the rights to their blue oval logo.

I wonder how they felt about the movie Fight Club where the narrator is looking at that Lincoln Town Car burnt to a crisp, and applying a formula to see if it's worthwhile to have a recall.

Regardless, I think they're taking this a little too far. Lifetime loyal Ford fans aren't going to want to buy new products when they get alienated like this, and I don't see Ford bringing in too many new customers these days.

21. tjm73

tjm73

Sounds like utter bullshit. Tell that to a photographer that takes a picture of ohhh... I don't know...anything. Once the photo is taken the person that tookthe photo owns the rights to that photo regardless of what's in it, so long as it isn't illegally obtained info or intelectual information.

Taking a picture of my Ford is wholly and soley my perogitive and as big as Ford is, I would not stand for that corporate bullying.

Three words... Blue Oval News. Ford tried to bully them and the courts sent Ford packing. Ford should concentrate on saving it's ass with a quality product.

As far as I am concerned, once I buy it, I can do whatever the fuck I want to it, with it, around it, what ever. It's mine. Go pound salt Ford.

22. hemi

hemi

It's not even the emblems... a few years ago the car companies tried to go after T-shirt guys, telling them if they used THE CAR, they were in trouble. Mopar, GM, everybody... They say that the image of the car is portraying their product and they want "control" over how that product is presented. They also don't want people making money with their "product" and it doesn't matter if it's a 40 year old automobile that they do not own.

23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

It's already happening. Everybody knows I am pretty hard core when it comes to '48 and older Fords. As a brand loyalist, our family bought ONLY Ford trucks for 50 years. They ceased meeting my needs in a truck and as a result I've had my GMC for 3 years now. I get lots of looks when I go to the Ford only swap meets! :D

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

well than i guess they shouldnt sell what they want to control to americans than. Because once they have sold it to one of us..its going to be changed and taken pictures of..so if they dont like that, they can keep them all to them selves.

25. sammyg

sammyg

Jeep would never do that... But Chrysler who owns Jeep may...! :eek:

26. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I doubt Ford will go after the "Beach Boys" or "ZZ Top"....both who featured Fords on album covers. Both cars went on to become automotive icons that without those album covers would have pretty much gone away years ago.
    Ford has enjoyed its free publicity from such huge commercial hits over the years.
    Thats why I, again, say that this is a myth.

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

but.. theres a light at the end of the tunnel!

Attached Files:

28. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

I wonder if they (Ford) went to the Harley Davidson school of dickwad.

Paco

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

LOL Love it!

30. Terry

Terry

Are we talking about cars or the writers strike? LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.