Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

Mercmad,appreciate the infos /pix..probably my friend is referrin to his kinda car they were very few made..cannot confirm now,need to speak with him.
    yeah,the rest of the pix are a big bunch of square boxes to me...some interesting rally cars but tipycal Fiat design..they look really aged now...
    i knew he put a datsun engine 2800 cc in the Panamericana car,that why the bigger size....
    thanx again for the cool pix...

2. Magnus B

Magnus B

the new entry today...a 50 woodie in rust free conds.a local friend had it for 19 years and the max he could do is what you see.
    now in my hands will be improved a bit quickly.need all the wood kit,anybody knows what's the best option to get it???
    wood'n carr,maybe???or somebody else ???any help appreciated...
    yeah,i will take off the gay paint on the engine,no worries....

Attached Files:

3. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

This thread is such an unbearable tease! Tell us which ones we could actually buy!

4. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    the guy who sold me the 50 woodie came with this Imperial 62 convertible...did'nt know he had such car!kinda low production....
    he uses regularly for long distance,and he loves it!!!

Attached Files:

5. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

That would explain a lot...i was really scratching my head looking at the engine. A very good engine in fact...and the basis for most of the datsun /nissan inlines .

6. hot damn how do you smuggle a car in from mexico??? :D

7. sled

sled

flh4speed,hey...just let's put some gas and drive em thru the border,is that easy!!:D

8. sled

sled

horsepower67,no problem if you wanna buy something...just PM me!!welcome!!

9. sled

sled

mercmad,still had no chance to meet the Fiat Savio owner to ask him all infos about the car....i will add em here as soon i know something,ok??

10. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Man what happened to the steering wheel it looks a little warped.

11. tokana_49

tokana_49
    from Tama, Iowa

Them Zephyrs...wowwie....also my dream car here!

12. tokana_49

tokana_49
    from Tama, Iowa

Love this one Zephyr.....awesome!!

13. Are you kidding? The 61-62 era Mopars came with square wheels.

14. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

my parents live south of the border and i always see different shit down there i got a buddy in rosarito and its just amasing what they got but the underlaying problems can be amasing too just lots of bad work sometimes ya know too much bondo but i go hunting there still

15. sled

sled

junk yard kid,same can be said in US..seen plenty of shiny apparently nice lookin cars but loaded with bondo there,looks a common procedure there too...
    here they fix most stuff with what they have,you'll find a bit of everything....but hey,found also many cars untouched ,so is the same old story everywhere....matter of luck sometimes...

16. Magnus B

Magnus B

found this Buick 49 Super sedanette yesterday,abandoned since more than 10 years...the guy needs to clear the place so was in urge to sell...
    kinda ruff lookin but exept for the dirt is pretty much restorable...rare bodystyle,1 year only.
    so,after a short deal i get it,cheap!!!
    can't way to receive it today and start cleaning...
    plan a fast clean mild kustom,satin black ,ww tires and mexican blankets on...

Attached Files:

17. autobilly

autobilly

That hearse is definatly off the dial. Also dig the Vette, Vicky, '55 and of course '35. It's hard to comprehend this stuff just lying around, here in Oz.

18. sled

sled

Autobilly,thanx for the reply...that's why i don't look for vintage tin in Aussie ,because i've seen so much pommie shit layin around there on other aussie sites..
    have so much fun here in Mexico,cause still lots of stuff hidden..almost everyday is a surprise,cannot think to be anywhere else emocionally on tin hunt!!TOO COOL!!!

19. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

Sled,contact me again...I have a mission for you if you choose to accept it:p..Seriously,I lost the photos and our emails due to my computer crashing..We need to get talking again about some things..

20. v8minor

v8minor

Amazing post , want to swap some Irish junk for some Mexican junk!!! The near rust free condition of the cars is crazy . Looks like you are havin a great time there .

21. Magnus B

Magnus B

The stream of cars from Mexico continues.

Sled:
    been lucky recently,cause while walkin around i found this Chevy 53 Bel Air convertible,in solid running conds...
    the joy of the lowrider guys in California,very wanted...
    also this one is For Sale,i will not keep it myself..not my lines!
    PM Sled if seriously interestd,car is alvailable

Edit:
    PM your questions to Sled

Attached Files:

22. Magnus B

Magnus B

just came up this Buick 57 Special convertible for sale locally.kinda rare car to get,not many around.the owner bought it brand new in Laredo,TX and still has it...
    fully running car and very solid...
    i like these 57's ,cool factory custom design
    car is for sale,if somebody is interested just PM Sled....

Edit:
    PM your questions to Sled

Attached Files:

23. loggy

loggy

Hey Sled,good to see this thread doesnt die away:D

You ever see any 52-54 mercurys? I'd love to get my hands on a 54merc sun valley in particular...

24. sled

sled

Loggy,this thread will not die soon,guaranteed..cause i'm pushin hard daily on findin cool stuff,any kind..ya know!
    so,the donkey show must go on,man..

ahhh,you're lucky on 52 /54 Mercs.plenty of them in Mexico,kinda common car...seen them in good numbers and almost all HT versions.

about the Sun Valley i had one last year in good conds...i sold it in town to a friend,he's totally restoring the thing by now!

i know another one,white color in fully running conds,no idea if is for sale...

but if you're lookin for a normal coupe HT no problem,i know plenty of em alvailable....

PM me in case....

25. Magnus B

Magnus B

some more shit came out today,been to see a guy and he has some junk in his yard,such this solid 36 Ford Tudor ....no engine /tranny but basically solid body and parts.
    chassis is ok,very savable.he'll sell it,too bad is an humpback ..don't like em!

Attached Files:

26. Crestliner

Crestliner

53 Chevy is unusual, as its a 210 series. Most people that bought convertibles went for the nicer Bel Air.

27. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

I'm glad you guys started this thread up again! Wife and I are planning a trip in April. She wants to go to Vegas (for the 5th year in a row!). I'm thinking a little more South of there!

28. sled

sled

Haroldd1963,Vegas is ok to me but too fake!!C'mon down to Mexico,is much more fun....to me the thrill of gettin lost findin junk cars is priceless!!
    i'm sure most of the Hambers are rusted out as me!!!
    my conclusion after lot of travellin is a worldwide sickness..
    Neil Young was right: rust never sleeps

29. Kevins89notch5.0

Kevins89notch5.0
    from Orlando

Sweet mother of GOD!!!

I think this is honestly the coolest thread I've ever seen online, and I'm a member of a large handful of car forums. I signed up just because of this thread.

Sled, thank you so much for taking the time to post these pictures, and shed a little light onto a side of Mexico I never would have thought of. You're like a modern day treasure hunter. I can only dream of having 1/8th your car knowledge and fun!

That hearse back on page 1 may be the coolest car I've ever seen. I've never seen ANYTHING like that.

30. sled

sled

Kevins89,thanx for the kind words ,really....i know there are so many guys outthere as me gettin crazy on this kinda rusted out lifestyle and basically the cool thing is to share it with all the bunch....
    yeah,is so much fun here that i can't describe it..everyday some shit pops up!!
    well,i 'm very lucky..i'm aware of that!
    perhaps a good idea is more upfront to organize some carne asada here in my place for ALL the hambers willin to enyoy Mexico and the cerveza!!
    guess there are some cool stories to share....what da ya think???