Register now to get rid of these ads!

2008 Australian Kustom Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carps, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Buick57

Buick57
    from Kialla

Fuckin wankers.

2. kustomriv

kustomriv

thanks for the pic's

3. STIFF

STIFF
    from Rat Town

wank·er /&#712;wæ&#331;[​IMG]k&#601;r/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[wang-ker]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation–noun Chiefly British and Australian Slang: Vulgar. <TABLE class=luna-Ent minmax_bound="true"><TBODY minmax_bound="true"><TR minmax_bound="true"><TD class=dn vAlign=top minmax_bound="true">1.</TD><TD vAlign=top minmax_bound="true">a contemptible person; jerk. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=luna-Ent minmax_bound="true"><TBODY minmax_bound="true"><TR minmax_bound="true"><TD class=dn vAlign=top minmax_bound="true">2.</TD><TD vAlign=top minmax_bound="true">a male masturbator. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <HR class=ety minmax_bound="true">[Origin: 1945–50[​IMG]]

<!-- google_ad_section_end(name=def) --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 minmax_bound="true"><TBODY minmax_bound="true"><TR minmax_bound="true"><TD minmax_bound="true"><CITE minmax_bound="true">Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
    Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
    </CITE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- end luna --><!-- begin ahd4 --><CITE minmax_bound="true">American Heritage Dictionary</CITE> - Cite This Source - <CITE minmax_bound="true">Share This</CITE> <!-- google_ad_section_start(name=def) --><TABLE minmax_bound="true"><TBODY minmax_bound="true"><TR minmax_bound="true"><TD minmax_bound="true">wank·er [​IMG] [​IMG] (w&#257;ng'k&#601;r) Pronunciation Key
    <!--BOF_HEAD-->n. <!--EOF_HEAD--> <!--BOF_SUBHEAD-->Chiefly British Vulgar Slang
    <!--EOF_SUBHEAD--><!--BOF_DEF-->
    1. <LI minmax_bound="true">A person who masturbates.
    2. A detestable person.
    <!--EOF_DEF--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>(Download Now or Buy the Book)<!-- google_ad_section_end(name=def) --> <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 minmax_bound="true"><TBODY minmax_bound="true"><TR minmax_bound="true"><TD minmax_bound="true"><CITE minmax_bound="true">The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
    </CITE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- end ahd4 --><!-- begin etymon --><CITE minmax_bound="true">Online Etymology Dictionary</CITE> - Cite This Source - <CITE minmax_bound="true">Share This</CITE> <!-- google_ad_section_start(name=def) -->
    wanker

1940s, "masturbator," British slang, from wank "to masturbate," of unknown origin. General sense of "contemptible person" is attested from 1972. Cf. sense evolution of jerk (n.).

<!-- google_ad_section_end(name=def) --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 minmax_bound="true"><TBODY minmax_bound="true"><TR minmax_bound="true"><TD minmax_bound="true"><CITE minmax_bound="true">Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper</CITE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- end etymon --><!-- begin wn --><CITE minmax_bound="true">WordNet</CITE> - Cite This Source - <CITE minmax_bound="true">Share This</CITE> <!-- google_ad_section_start(name=def) --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 minmax_bound="true"><TBODY minmax_bound="true"><TR minmax_bound="true"><TD colSpan=2 minmax_bound="true">wanker</TD></TR><TR minmax_bound="true"><TD colSpan=2 minmax_bound="true">
    noun</TD></TR><TR minmax_bound="true"><TD colSpan=2 minmax_bound="true">terms of abuse for a masturbator [syn: tosser]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

4. Nope, they are on the RIGHT side. ;)

5. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

6. I love that car, shame it's not more customised,then I could have given it the big prize. But then again maybe it would not be so nice.

I'm workin' on it. Can't make any guarantees yet.

7. We think this year, our 6th, may have finally cracked the 1,000 mark (still haven't counted all the entry forms. The country's biggest car event the Summer Nats (AKA Sillynats) is also held the same weekend about 600 miles north and there's another well established Rod Run about a 200 miles west.

It starts on Friday on the beachfront of the small township of Cowes on Phillip Island. Saturday and Sunday is at the Pillip Island Grand Prix circuit, which is home to the Australian round of the world Morcycle Championship or Moto GP as it's now known.

It's growing each year but the KOA Picnic is larger, except for last year when we had torrential rain all day on Sunday and it bombed big time, coz nobody wanted to drown, so they all stayed home. It has the potential to become or version of Paso Robles.

8. Gudday Nads long time no contact, I'm so happy to know you're still alive and kickin. How's that coupe, still got it?

It was Holdens Aussie answer to the need for a local coupe/mucle car. Based of the family Truckster four door Holden of the late 1960s. They don't look to shabby considering the family car platform on which they are based.

This one is super clean. There's nuthin else in the engine bay aside from the engine or so it seems. Even the bling, bling wheels look OK on it.

Yup, made my lastst vacation much less painful. Just back from another small event today and it seems there's another boatload of desireable finished cars just landed. Previously it was just the junkers was all we could afford.

9. Later/current versions of the Monaro coupe with 399 or 400hp LS1s or Gen IIIs etc are sold in the UK badged as Vauxhauls.

10. Half a mil might get you one.

11. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Thanks for the pics!

12. I wish you had told me that before I went out to make your 'pick'. :)

Somewhere. it may take a moment or two to find.

13. The last Mercury model officially sold in Australia was the 1948 model year, we never got the '49s and later model years.

I counted eight chopped 49/50s on Sunday plus 3 with stochk height tops.

14. I'm with Brandy on the chainer/horsetrader thing. Bad manners in this thread. I've also noticed a couple of career Australian horsetraders (to be polite) turn up as members lately. Where? Chasing deals in the classifieds of course!

And thanks all for the pix!

15. The Kick Ass Buick he had last year also won a major award.

Arthur is one of the folks has the wherewithall and is prepared to put in the effort such that we end up with a whole bunch of cool cars available to us here. Maybe his timing wasn't quite perfect, but I'm surprised he kept this car for so long already.

16. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Just thought I'd pipe up and say that I now have the gearbox out of this Y-Block powered FJ - a 37 Packard trans - in my coupe. :D:D:D

17. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Coooool !

[​IMG]

18. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Dont shoot me.....I dont know him (well I actually might???)...thats why I thought I gave the benefit of the doubt.:eek:

Having said that, announcing a LOCAL sale on an International site was possibly more for personal glory than free advertising?????

19. Impala65

Impala65
    from Brazil

Carps, do you have pics of that custom VW with some girls inside ? thanks in advance.

20. Not shooting anybody, stating the facts. This hobby means different things to different people and there's those like me who keep the same cars forever and those who get a buzz out of wheeling and dealing. We all have our place.

Can't comment on that but fact is I see lots of this type of announcement in many threads here and elsewhere. It's easy to become confused as to what's acceptable behaviour and what's not. Sometimes it even seems there's different rules for different people.

21. Anyhow back to the pic of the blue FX Holden with the hoodlums hanging around it. Any chance of someone posting pics of some of the famous machines Joe Pirrotta built ?

22. Hey, it's not a problem...and couldn't have come into it anyhow, as I didn't see it until later on Sunday!

23. downunder55

downunder55
    from australia

correct me if im wrong, but i think the kick ass buick you speak of was also a bought vehicle, as for arty boy , he does like to be seen and heard , he just might want to change his tact a tad:cool:

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Hey Carps, ol timer, it's good to see you up here mate.

With all due respects, if you didn't build it, it was never yours, if you bought it and resold it within weeks, you never cared for it enough to think it was your "dream car" then you never deserved to own it in the first place.

Unless you lost blood over her, she is as much yours as your first bowl of cereal, until then she's nothing more than an investment.

The way I feel about is is that devotion is paramount, time=love, trends=fantasy, love=fuck all!

25. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Bada Bing.:D

26. stragedy

stragedy

Gaz, as far as I remember these were upright hemi headed 245 cube motors, the slant sixs faded out a few yearsn earlier.
    Or am I remembering wrong ?

We had (when I was growing up) a few ex cop Valiants with...
    245 (which had the triples, gawd only knows what they were doing on a cop car)
    and finally one with a retro fitted 360 from a chrysler by chrysler luxo thing of some sort.

One of the first cop cars we had still had a set of cuffs in the boot and a very young me stuck them on one wrist - not checking to see if we had the key.
    We didn't.
    The cops had no clue since the set was deemed lost - so we cut them off with a hack saw. Apparently they ended up in a police museum somewhere in Adelaide.

27. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

The Pirotta brothers turned out some pretty cool cars.

28. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Whatta ya mean TURNED out ???????????????? :eek:

Has Leno put that all steel 3W with the halibrand quickie on the road yet ???? after 50 years of "fucking around with cars" he STILL had some super cool ideas on that thing which were TOTALLY original !!

Let alone ALL the young folks he's forever helping with (strict proviso..."dont tell anyone I did it") ...
    or his son's Falcon ute with the Customline dash????
    or the 58 (?) Ford PU hge used to drive with a Big Block, just as a daily shitter, not even worth mentioning......

and nuthin makes you laugh harder than a tuff old bastard on a full custom bike wearing JUST a white T-shirt and a grin full of insects, proudly talkin about the snot-moustache he worked up coming down the mountain:D

And Joe still has a shop (Heatherton???) with Charlie Caruana, specializing in "that old-fashioned service"......doesnt he????

(NB....I've been away 2 years, so I hope to hell that none of this has changed!!!)

29. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Mark, Heatherton in Melbourne?? What shop???????????

30. Well the last time i drove one or even saw one in the flesh was 30 years ago so my memory is pretty thin on that subject. I do remember that in my early 20s it was common to go to the car dealers in the Eastern suburbs and go for a test drive ( joy ride ) in some of their faster cars such as XU1,s SLR,s and the charger. As long as you had a similar car to trade in they let you go out for a drive. Kevin Dennis Motors allways had some fast cars.