Register now to get rid of these ads!

need a good chrome shop in California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greasel, Jan 10, 2008.

1. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

Hey about 5 months ago I got the front bumper for my '56 chevy sedan rechromed by a fresno shop for an insurance claim and it's rusting already:eek::mad:. yeah, I waxed it a few times, too. the rest of the chrome on that car has been good for 10 years...now this doesn't even last 5 months??

So I'd like to find a GOOD chrome shop. If there's something in the Fresno-Bakersfiled area that would be ideal but I'm not super picky on where the shop is, I just want the job done right!

2. geemann51

geemann51

3. Terry O

Terry O

Ron Verne “Verne’s” Ph: 323-754-4126
    1559 El Segundo Blvd
    Gardena CA 90249

Terry

4. Choptop

Choptop

+1 for Sherms. Fantastic work, but not cheap, $$$$$

Sacramento Bumper can do very nice work, for not alot of $.
    Not quite up to the quality of Sherms, but at a fraction of the price.

5. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

There is a shop in San Jose that's real good... I forgot the name , but it is on San Jose street. Mabye someone from san Jose will recall the name.

Turlock swap meet is comming up. The Bumper Boys are there every year. I was thinking of using them for my 55... I will be there at BB62 all Hambers are welcome to stop by and say hi..... Donn

6. do a search on bunper boys before you buy anything from them!!!!!!!!!! +2 for sherms super pricey though.

7. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

As Ive said in previous posts, the only place I go for chrome is MEXICO! Triple plated Chrome, and they use the good chemicals (EPA Banned in U.S.) Quick turn around, great quality, great price. I also speak spanish a bit and my grandma is from Mexico, so Im supporting both sides of the family. Some awesome chrome, great lunch, fireworks and Virgin Marys = a great time. :)

Ill be going down there in a few weeks and will post pics of his car stash and the quality. I dont know how "show quality" looks, but I do know that I had some bumpers and a grill done 5 years ago, and they look as good as the day I brought em home.

There is a Plating company here in the US that has all their stuff done at his shop and adjusts the price accordingly once it hits US soil. :D

8. Rhino1958

Rhino1958

I second that!! Where do you go? I have stuff down at a shop in Mexicali right now, I'm lucky to have some good buddies that still live close to the border!