Register now to get rid of these ads!

2008 Australian Kustom Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carps, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Wow, am I the only one who sees this as some bullshit goldchainer stuff? You JUST imported that car from MY home town. You get her face in a magazine, you pull in SOME award that you garnered as a BIG deal *which btw ANOTHER board is arguing over because it won AUSTRALIAS Best Custom, but was actually an AMERICAN Custom* and yet here you are peddling your wares?

I dunno about anyone else, but that really rubs me wrong that you'd even attempt that, not only just after getting a blow job to your ego, BUT, you'd actually do that on the very thread that it was mentioned on. PERSONALLY, clapping my mitts on a trophy and receiving a few congratulations, doesn't warrant a shameless plug at making a buck.

Goes to show, for some it's about the return investment and for others it's about the love. Some people's kids I tell ya.:rolleyes:

2. now dont get upset my dear Brandy...its an awsome car but not my dream car... thank you for your coments but thats what makes the world go round...

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Mr Diablo, it's just a wheeler dealer thing for you right? Sorry if I sound a bit upset, but who am I?

4. Thanks for all the pics guys. 2 full days stuck in a pit garage trying to scrape together some coin didn't leave me any time to see cars.

For me, of what I saw, the green 41 Plymouth was my favourite car.

Eugene Christie's Triumph would have to be my favourite bike, although the little supercharged baremetal Norton from Saturday was a ripper build on the go that I look forward to seeing done.

Carps: Any shots of the Chrysler 300 you picked for me?

Chopper, if you're looking at this thread, thanks to you and ALL the team for another good year. I tried catching you after I had packed but couldn't find you and had to scoot home.

5. i think i gave you a fair chunk of coin peddro, itll keep me busy for a month or so. that new chopped magazine that was being sold is a great little rag also...the traffic heading home..sucked!

6. Kinky6

Kinky6

Geez, you guys are tearing me up with these shots of this '59 Ford wagon; I had one that was a nine passenger med. green/lt. green model back in the late '70's. I let it go to the junkyard after too many transmission problems. What really got me jones'n for it again was the pictures of the '59 NHRA Drag Safari car over on the Auto Hobby page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like a great show, y'all! :cool:

7. That black Merc with the copper flames,parked next to me at the Primer Nats,last year! Did somebody in Australia buy it?

8. Prices for buying American Iron and Kustom work here have always been pretty high....but since our dollar is doing better and the US dollar has dropped, it's becoming quite economically viable to ship over more cars...!

=]

9. I was just curious if some Aussi bought it,or did the owner ship it over there to the show. Since it has an Aussi plate on it,it must have been bought by a mate.

10. George from my club owns it now. He's a good bloke.

11. Yah George from the Acclerators own it now.....hes been driving the wheels offa this thing since it turned up.

Rat

12. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Annnnnnnnnnnd the wheels on the bus go round and round....round and round.....

Hey Bob, if you go to Australia to visit the car, I'll share a *jeez* milkshake with ya.:D

Boo hoo to givin up the bottle.:rolleyes:

13. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

14. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Being FROM Melbourne, I tend to agree with you, Brandy...it certainly SOUNDS all hinky......but then again.......after the expense and ass-reaming involved to get a car over from the states and then ACTUALLY get it registered........sheeeesh !

You definately have a case for "THERE'S A TIME AND PLACE FOR EVERYTHING.......and announcing the immeadiate sale of your fresh import ON HERE was neither"

Bottom line...the first guy in Australia to put a V8 (Y-block) into a Holden about 50 years ago, once told me......."You think you're a car guy, right?.......well if you LOSE money on em, you'll only ever have a couple of cars.....if you MAKE a few bucks on each one, the sky's the limit !"

Now lets see if he redeems himself with a kick-ass machine next, or if his dream car was actually a 98 Corvette (heheheheheee)

Ofcourse, You'd need to profit on about 4 of those NICE kustoms to get an Aussie muscle car these days!:eek:

Just my 2 yen worth

15. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

16. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Do not try and justify to THIS girl how much work and money it takes to import and register a car in Australia. Maybe you can pull that wool over somebody else's eyes, but not mine.

He currently has a want ad in the classifieds for a 54 Chevrolet custom and then gives a pic of a car he'd like or something similar.

Is that what you call redemption? Because that's what I call horse tradin.

If it sounds like a duck, looks like a duck........

Oh and no a milkshake is a milkshake.:rolleyes:

17. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

I was just trying to give the benefit of the doubt

...and thank god thats just a milkshake:D

18. 37coupeute

37coupeute

Great pics thanks..........any more of johns maineline?

19. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Damn there are some fine cars in Aussie! Great pix.

20. fat141

fat141

Sorry Diablo (no I'm not) but got to agree with Brandy and Nads
    Stinks for mine

21. downunder55

downunder55
    from australia

OH dont worry your little tooch there Brandy , we've got plenty of wankers down here as well, Australias top kustom hhmmm

22. Skimmer

Skimmer

You got alot of nice stuff over there .........and its sunny tooooooooo !!

23. stragedy

stragedy

Wanker is a heavily underused term here in the US.
    I've tried to introduce it, but people get confused with its use.
    Is it a verb or an adjective ? I was crap at English in school.

24. loggy

loggy

Getting back to the thread at hand for a moment:rolleyes:........anyone get any more pics of that 53mercury in black with the kinda copper roof,looks nice n those 53/54mercs are really floating my boat at the moment.....
    Liking that triumph as well,lovely bike:)

25. nice to have the $$$ to buy toys...you go buy your milkshake Brandy...extra Malt !!!

26. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Oh, I get it now. I can't afford to BUY toys.......I'm so unfortunate that I have to drag junk home and then spend the next several years BUILDING it to get it roadworthy.

Maybe that's why I'm SO attached to MY junk?:rolleyes:

Better to have extra MALT, then SALT.

27. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Definitely a NOUN

Try teaching Japanese to incorporate the F-word accurately on a daily basis :eek:

28. paint101

paint101
    from SC

Gold car is way bad! I would like to find some wheels like those for my 31 tudor.

29. celibaterifle

celibaterifle
    from Australia

Cheers for the pics. Looks like the weather was a bit kinder than when I made the trip south for the Picnic.

Will have to make it to next years I think.

30. Gee

Gee
    from Australia

heres a few pix of the gold coupe for those asking.

i saw it when he debuted it at the 2000 picnic, loved it then..
    [​IMG]

then a few years back it evolved into this... :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]