Register now to get rid of these ads!

2008 Australian Kustom Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carps, Jan 7, 2008.

1. rustybones

rustybones

good work uncle martin getting it to the show and home in one piece no dramas quality build and great back up vehicle who was the guy in the orange kombi ute what a legend

2. Hey Rustybones I'm guessing that was you parked across the gravel from my white /candy red laced EK?

3. some of my photos from the weekend, had a great weekend.
    If anybody has anymore photos of my wifes XP with the blue roof could they post them. I have more I will post soon. Thanks

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      89.6 KB
      Views:
    • b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      112.7 KB
      Views:
    • cc.jpg
      cc.jpg
      File size:
      93.8 KB
      Views:
    • d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      102.1 KB
      Views:
    • ee.jpg
      ee.jpg
      File size:
      53.2 KB
      Views:
  4. We only went down on the Sunday due to a 50th Friday night.

[​IMG]

A sea of colour....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paint jobs are getting wilder, lots of flakes and candies and fades...
    Here's some.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally some proof the old girl got down there. This was taken by my sister inlaw.. Roadster stayed home as we took the kids, although next year both cars will go....
    [​IMG]

5. Noland

Noland

every car there just looks awesome

6. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Well you've always got a handful of places to stay for free whenever you're ready! ;)

7. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

8. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

-this would probably be the same for those in oz looking at us in the u.s.-
    when i look at the pics from oz I keep thinking they are backwards, because of the right hand steering wheels!
    somebody from australia should do a dashboard pic post, it would be neat to see all the different setups.

9. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Nice pics, love that place, someday I'll visit again. Rags
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

10. Gerg

Gerg

Looks like you guys have some amazing cars down under!

11. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Looks like a great show. Thanks for posting the pics.
    I LOVE that Ranch Wagon. What a great car!
    About how many cars come to the event? How many days is the event? Is this one of your largest events?

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

This makes me so happy.

Hey what's that Opel, Camaro, Holden 2 door silver hardtop muscle car thingy? It's cool.

You can thank the Pee Wee Herman weakling dollar for your importing power.

13. stragedy

stragedy

That'd be a HK Monaro from '68
    The Bathurst models had 327's in them, and some 307's predating the all Australian 308.
    Rarer than rocking horse Sh!t now.
    I want one. Can't afford one.

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/jsp/chooseavehicle/popups/monarohistory/hk.jsp

14. Rare and expensive now. In the late 70s i was fixing up thrashed 10 year old HK Monaro,s and selling them for something like $2000. Silver Mink was the best colour. I had them resprayed in Ringwood ( vic ) by two guys who were deaf mute,s. These guys did fantastic work, maybe because they had no distractions.

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

How come Vauxhalls never came with big honking American V8s?

16. 55olds88

55olds88

Nads they were hard enough to get down the lanes as it was let alone with some power....

Those Monaro's have gone through the roof, what was a 10-12 k car 8-10 years ago is now 30-40k !!! I looked at a blue 305 GTS years ago for 5k but it was a little too rusty.... tossed in the shed and untouched it would be returning at least 25k now I guess !!! Aussie Muscle is worth more over here now then most the main stream US muscle stuff (excluding the rare/real good stuff).

17. flatoz

flatoz

Thanks Carps and others, I didnt get there so good to see some of the rides that were there. Looks like it was good fun as always.

18. martin

martin

Hey Aushotrods, Thanks for posting the pics up of the show ( & Carps, ) You know I don`t do that sort of stuff, But thanks mate.

19. stragedy

stragedy

I know, the prices on Aussie muscle cars kills me, especially since I abused plenty of them in the 80's.

I want a HQ Monaro 350 Bathurst - tyeh like I cn afford one.

I am sure the price hikes has a lot to do with the extremely small number they were all made in, even the common ones were smaller in numbers than all but the vrey rarest US ones.

A mate of mine in Adelaide has an A9X Torana and used to have another SLR5000 and his first car was a HG Monaro (i think).

I used to ride to work dailey in a GT351 XB Coupe, worth nothing then and that was only in 90. Huge money now.

Hell I'd even settle for an old Aussie Charger $$$$$$

20. evilchevy

evilchevy

Lovely weather and great cars.....

Would like more pictures of the gold metalflake 5 window and the bare metal sedan.....

21. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Damn I love that Bako Shoebox....!

22. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Baby, that's because everything from Bako is dead sexy.:eek:

Pffft HAHAHAHA!:D

23. rustybones

rustybones

yeh mate in the shop truck till i finish the missus' wagon then the t model ,then the 56 Double door panel kep working son

24. Nailhead

Nailhead

Wow sweet pics / cars guys !! That green Riv is awesome ! Sorry, I'm kind of dense on this matter. Could someone explain to me why there are some LHD cars and some RHD ??? I was under the impression all cars imported down under had to be converted to RHD.

25. As in a hemi orange RT/49, standard with the big slant six and triple webers. Geeeeez, they were screamers.

26. no if it is over a certain age you can leave it LH drive and still be able to legally drive it.

27. had a great day on sunday convinced my dad to tag along on his old flathead harley and he took it out for a blat on the track and had a ball! to answer chevy girls question this is quickly becoming THE event in australia if it isnt already, its 3 days long and packed full of things to see and do. this year had to be its biggest yet with cars spilling out either sides of the pit area great weather and good times.

28. I had a wild time at the Nats and so happy with the way my car was received..For all you out there I now have the car up for sale phone 0418 556 299 I have fitted a new Mike Davidson 8BA Side valve offy heads offy manifold twin car, balanced, cam and all the other goodies to boot.. drives so good and hard.. Its also featured in Australian Streed Rodding out today (9.1.08) please serious inquiries only please.. Your chance to own Australia's top Kustom... Regards Arthur
    the car looks 100 times better in the flesh
    with the pearl in the flames and the pin line

[​IMG]

29. No slant six they were straight up and down and 265 cubic inches.

30. rhys this year was a bumper but i dont think anything will beat that first year cruising cowes with a longy in the falcon chasing that 41 ford around while it blew flames. though your old man running outta fuel twice on the harley was amusing.....