Register now to get rid of these ads!

2008 Lonestar Round Up - Registration is OPEN!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beatnikontinental, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Happy New Year everyone from Kontinentalsville!

I'm happy to announce that registration for the 7th Annual Lonestar Round Up is now open. Complete registration details are up at the brand new site at http://www.lonestarroundup.com

Show dates are April 4-6th, 2008

We are returning to our great spacious digs at the Travis County Expo Center - and as a result of having more room, we've been able to add some things for ya'll to enjoy during Roundup weekend.

Two Days
    Registration pickup will be at the Expo Center starting on Friday morning and going all day - this will make picking up your packets MUCH easier, not having to try and find a spot on Congress during the day. Gates will open at 10am, you can watch people start to arrive, start checking out cars, bands hit the stage (including a special show later that day), vendors and food will be set up and you can also go check out the...

Round Up Swap Meet
    We are now hosting a swap meet and car corral running all weekend in the Round Up - find the perfect part or get a whole new project to start.

Cutoff is 1000 cars
    With more room, we are also able to raise out cutoff for registered cars to 1000 - thats alot of cars, folks...

More vendors, more music, more cars - and also count on great shows at the Continental Club and Trophy's at night, the Continental Gallery art show all weekend - cruise to Ski Shores and and Flyrite BBQ on Sunday. Plus you're in Austin! - which has more great restaurants and stuff to go check out than I can list here.

El Jefe is working on the music lineup, we will announce it soon - we'll have some special guests and headliners that we are working on now.

If you've been thinking of coming to Austin to check this show out, we're rolling out the greasy red carpet for ya - if you were already planning on coming, we're adding some new stuff for you to enjoy. Hope you can join us here in the Spring - and thanks to Ryan and all the HAMB folk who have supported this show from the start - we hope to see you soon.

Thanks from all the Kontinentals...

2. ratster

ratster

i'm gonna try and make it this year. if my 60 cad sells

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Sweet! I have a feeling it's gonna be HUGE!

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Were in!

God...I got so much to do!:)

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I'm so there,,,,Been planning it for the past year.

6. The Shocker

The Shocker

Cant wait.I always look forward to the Roundup...

7. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

Will be there... hopefully I will be able to register my truck. May not be done in time...

8. Dirty2

Dirty2

S W E E E E E T ! ! !

9. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Sending my registration in today.

Damn, I don't have anything to do to get ready, oh yeah, I'll have to put gas in the 52.

B:rolleyes:B

10. Rusty

Rusty

The best news to my Monday morning but it makes me tired thinking of the upcoming late nights.

Rusty

11. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Adding a swap meet is extra nice...Looking forward to it...

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Does this mean there will or will not be a garage crawl lead by Reggie on Friday morning/afternoon? I sure hope there is, as it's one of my favorite LSRU activities over the weekend.

13. Rusty

Rusty

He Better, that makes my weekend too!!!!!!!!!

14. Brown Devil

Brown Devil
    from Mission Tx

I heard from a friend who knows a friend that there will be no crawl this year. My understanding is that Reggie and Norm will be in charge of the swap meet now don't kill the messenger that is what I was told last week. God I hope my information is wrong. The crawl and being out on Congress at night is the best part.

15. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I believe Brown devil is correct.

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well if that is the case I'm going to visit Gary Howard's place anyway and take him some cookies. I really enjoying visiting with him and seeing what he's been working on. Besides, his place is where I normally pass out cookies. I guess me, Gary and Megan will eat them all this year.

17. Rusty

Rusty

I know this is not the rite post to discuss and we can start a side one , But I feel there is plenty of poeple there in the vacinity that love to open there shops to us and will be happy to take the ball and run with it. If I was closer I would. Maybe BellM or another will do this. I know it takes some planning but if we plan it it will happen

Rusty

18. Cochino

Cochino

'IT'S ON' I can't wait see yaw in April.

19. Big Tony

Big Tony

Excellent job on the new site and the new show grounds are tits, more room, more cars and stuff to gaulk at, hell before ya'll know it Austin may not be big enough to hold ya'll Hehehehe My reg is in the mail

20. fatflatty

fatflatty

do i sense a "dirty" thrash i the making?
    you know we will be there.

21. Yes, Norm and Reggie will be organizing the Swap Meet... its gonna be a really great addition to the show.

22. Great, a swap meet! I will be broke after (hopefully) finishing my truck.

23. skyrodder

skyrodder

Sent mine in a few minutes ago... cant wait!

24. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Been looking forward to this ever since we left last year!

Can't wait to see everyone and it sounds like the show will be bigger and better than ever. Congress Ave., here we come!!

Malcolm

25. Mine is going out in the mail today. Austin here I come.

26. SpadezTX13

SpadezTX13

Unless I get a dream job here in the next couple of weeks, (you the ones where the client has more money than sence kind of things) I will be there sans vehicle this year.

27. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I see that the cars have to approved to register. I guess that means my POS work in progress won't make the cut... or will it?

28. that has always been the case, we have always asked for a photo/description of the registered car. If your car qualifies the description given, and can drive into the show - then you should be okay...

29. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

I'll be taking the bus down as usual!!!

-Jason

30. Stroked

Stroked
    from DFW, TX

Just dropped my moolah in the mail. :cool: ... even though the car isn't finished :eek:

This damn thing will drive all the way to Austin and back in April even if it kills me. I'm such a glutton for punishment :D

- Matt