Register now to get rid of these ads!

do your neighbors hate you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MERRELL, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I had one woman who moved in next to us and we got into a tiff over grass clippings of all things. That argument ended with me telling her that I was here before her and I'd be here after her. Several months later a For Sale sign went up. The new ones are pretty cool. It's an older couple with their grandson and he really digs my old hot rod.

All my other neighbours are beyond cool with me. Even the woman across the street who is called the 'crazy-psycho-bitch' by others in the plat. She and I get along fine.

Vance

2. HOTTRODZZ

HOTTRODZZ

Yup ....

Im going to say they didnt like me to much.

Attached Files:

3. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

And here all this time I thought the "ex" had moved to Iowa............. well, just as long as she's in another area code. :cool:

4. Bookz

Bookz

It intrigues me why a small minority on here think it is ok to behave like Poor White Trash and make total arseholes of themselves because they are a Hot Rodder. Being a Hot Rodder surely doesn't make it OK to have your propety looking like a Junk Yard and driving down neighbours values plus just being in most peoples eyes a unpleasant eyesore nore does it make it alright to make excessive noise in the shop or do burnouts etc in the street. I am sure that most on here would agree that behaviour like that just makes it harder for all of us.
    We can thank these idiots for more and more regulations restricting our hobby being brought in and Hot Rodding would be a lot better off without the clowns with these attitudes.
    If your neighbours hate you maybe its time to look at yourself. I realise sometimes there are people who you can't please but most times civilised behaviour and common decency go a long way towards being able to live in a community without hassles.

5. TRAMPKING

TRAMPKING
    from SGV

i had a neighbor commited cause of me turned out he was crazy and loud noises drove him up the wall and every morning when i warmed up my car( i have strait pipes )he would yell and cuss and throw things finally he chased me with a big ass kitchen knife i couldnt kick his ass he was slow or crazy or something so i called the sheriffs and the put him in a padded cell i moved to a sane neighbor hood now i guess you never know who lives next door

6. The Shocker

The Shocker

Your welcome ,glad i could help.I've been called worse,so you didnt get my cherry .I cant speak for everyone ,but hotrods are not just a hobby for me,cuz i have drove one or another as dailys for 10 years solid .While a lot of guys drive an Honda Prelude during the week and just try to act cool on weekends.That in my opinion is whats running the "Hobby" (as you put it) down.

7. I had a neighbor that bitched about my yard art,,even to the point of calling the fine folks with the building and codes department,,,,

I was cool and level headed when they showed up,,,,we talked about my junk,,uh,,lawn sculpture,,,and it was not a big deal with them,,,

My neighbor couldn't see it from where he lived ,,,we live on a circle road and he doesn't ever come the long way around,,,,,plus there are trees and you can't even see my house or art from his house.

His main bitch was he had his house for sale and thought my junk would bring his property value down,,,like property values ever go down!:rolleyes:

He sold the house and is gone,,,I met my new neighbor one afternoon when she was walking her dog and she ask me if she could take photos of her daughter in front of the yard art to use as her background on her E-bay site where she sells childrens cloths,,so now everything is cool with all my neighbors,

I get along great with the people in my neighborhood that want to be neighborly,,,I try to wait until 10:00 in the morning if I'm gonna be noisey,,,and quit before its too late,,,

I have lived in the same house for 35 years,,,and have a next door neighbor that has been here longer,,,

I really don't think they care to be around other people,,,I have had maybe 10 conversations with him over the years and his wife has never spoken to me,,,rarely do they step foot out in the yard.

You have to be will to be a good neighbor if you expect to be treated as such.:D HRP

[​IMG]

8. The Shocker

The Shocker

That looks a lot better than a bird bath to me.Did you buy that at Lowes or the Home Depot?

9. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

And we all wonder why local governments come up with these BS ordinances about cars when "they can kiss my ass" is the attitude. I care about my neighbors enough to spare them the irritation so I keep my car in the garage when I work on it. On the other hand at the end of my street the kid with the short-bed 67 chevy pick-up and the 20 inchers never misses an opportunity to peel rubber and gun it through a neighborhood full of small children.

10. The Shocker

The Shocker

Never said i agreed with reckless driving in residential neighbor hoods with small children .That is down right stupid.As far as yard art, and draggin on country roads, im all for it...

11. Corvette64

Corvette64

The good baptist religious fanatics next door don't speak to me since they found out I'm a mackerel snapper. Thats ok because I don't like them or their little dog either .

Attached Files:

12. Chuck R

Chuck R

Everything seems just fine around here, we all get along like neighbors. I had 2 close neighbors who were into hot rods in the 40's and 50's but they are gone now. They used to come over and talk about the old days and help me work on my 40. They were both great guys , with tons of info in their heads. I really miss them.
    chuck

13. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I treat my neighbors the same way they treat me,With Respect.
    We look after each others houses and mail when the other is away.I,ve even had them confront people in my driveway when I,ve been out of town.Even the ones I don,t talk to I,ll wave at when I see them.
    No one has ever complained about the cars and bikes coming and going or the noise coming from the garage.
    The only comment I ever got was from the lady in her 50,s behind me when I was thrashing on the coupe.She mentioned that I,m working hard in the garage at all hours as she had seen the lights on a lot.That,s it.It helps that he is a Nascar fan,
    Remember.Don,t shit where you eat.

14. 48ford

48ford

I treat them the same as I want to be treated.
    There are only 4 houses on the road so we depend on each other.
    I help them and they don't mind giving us a hand if we need it.
    I guess it's good to be a fix it man
    Russ

15. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

I hope so........I hate them.

Paco

16. terrafirma66

terrafirma66
    from tampa fla

every time I fire up old straight pipes (chopper) they get a little more distant. Claim they like seeing the 47 PU project though. They don't say much to us but the rest of neighborhood digs us....we help who we can when we can and enjoy our lives...oh well I drive cooler rides and can make their dog shit on the carpet with a good sudden twist of the throttle so who cares..

17. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Thank you. I'd have to say I completely agree with everything you've said here.

18. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

I try real hard not to piss my naighbors off. i work in my single car garage even though my wife and I own our house. sometimes things are a bit messy on my sideyard but i always try to clean up.

19. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I don't think this guy is knocking anyone. Just saying act civilized. My neighbors have two very young kids and it does them no good to run the Bel Air uncorked at early or late hours. Do they complain? No, but I do my best to be careful of them. I love a good jam session, and used to get loud with drums and tube amps screamin' when we first moved in. I had the decency to ask if it was a bother, and they said just sometimes, like after 10pm. I say no problem. My dinky little shop is NOT soundproof and it is only 50 feet from their house. I don't think it is polite to run my compressor and grinder when their lights are all off. i've even asked them if all the cars bother them, and they (whether truthfully or not) said "no" because I keep them all in one big line on the driveway, and I keep 'em tarped with a cheapo Walmart car cover on top. Looks uniform, not to trashy, even though it is what it is- a bunch of clunkers and oil-leakers in my yard. Would I ever give up this passion for cars? No. Do I ever work until the wee hours on my roadster? Almost every night. But I can still be a little careful. I'm not saying I'm a saint, and no one needs think I believe all other's opinions are stupid. I actually hate when others think they know what people should do with their own property, but we can meet halfway often times. Don't judge the messy-yard-dude, he might just be having a different set of life experiences being dealt him right now. And on the flip side, don't live like a dirthead just because you are too lazy or selfish to make the world a decent place to live. Anyway, I'm done preaching, sorry guys and ladies. I just though I needed to agree with the above quote- it makes for happier wives, I'll say that!

20. eightbanger

eightbanger

My neighbors like me except on the days I drive my Riv to work...glasspacks and approximately 5-7 minutes warm up time doesn't go over well at 6:15 a.m.

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to agree with most of what Bookz said (Its OK to still hate me) The only differing view I have is with the old cars, as long as there stored neatly or 'Yard art' I accept them. After all its your property, they don't have to look. The rest comes down to the old adage, Don't shit in your own nest.

22. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

I live in the worst house in Brisbane,owned by a panel shop :)cool:) my neighbours rent from the same guy ,my other neighbours are all automotive workshops and a cereal factory that runs 24/7. The street corner has bike dealership owned by a well known Biker gang so the street surface is black with burnout marks and noisy bikes are up and down the street 6 days a week.There are Chinese immigrants living in one factory making noodles and have really musical kids ( bought them a piano last year and within 4 weeks they are playing ..OK...!) .So I'm cool here,my neighbours all think I'm eccentric but understand that I work crazy hours ,same as them. But one street away is a fucking recording studio...I have come to hate that punk music that is so popular with wanna be kid posers at the moment.all "satanic" growling and loud tuneless guitar riffs.
    Theres no actual noise laws in Queensland,BUT if you complain then the council will act...unless it's a fuckin recording studio!

No point in doing burnouts in their lobby because they'd love it...all part of the 'scene' to them.
    These are cnuts here...tasteless fuckin wankers!
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=120665894
    and yes,i was unwitting guest at the Christmas bash ...40 meters away I couldn't hear the TV and the girls there were too damned young so there was no point in joining in ...LOL!!!

23. john56h

john56h

I'm not sure whether my neighbors hate me or not. I try to be mindful of the nuisances that hot rods and race cars can create, but it is difficult to eliminate them completely.

As for noise, my Wife is a "screamer" so I think that bothers the neighbors more than the cars. They're just jealous though, LOL

24. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

My neighbors hate me i have an old car, friends, dirt bikes, and i am young a perfect combo for hate!

25. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

after the three idiots and semi-automatic gunfire, vacated the back field this afternoon, i think its safe to say that, yes, they hate us now

26. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

mine love everybody... but i hate them!!

27. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I agree. When I really started working heavy on my coupe I instituted a 9-to-9 rule. Nothing requiring the air compressor or anything else loud including so much as a grinder before 9am or after 9pm. This worked so well that when I explained it one neighbor, he had his son adhere to it as well. That's right, no more loud stereos late at night. At least not from that yard.

Vance

28. hotrod34

hotrod34

I get along great with all my neighbors. I was worried when i moved in cause i was a young guy that moved in to an area with all retired neighbors who have lived in the same houses since the 50-60's. They all stop by to see how thing are going in the garage. My one neighbor even offered to help tape & puddy the drywall i put up in my garage and he is in his 70's. He also also shovels my snow for me but i stop him when i am home cause i dont need him falling over doing that.

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:D:D LMAO :D:D

30. Joe King

Joe King