Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tractor guy from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by tractorguy, Jan 5, 2008.

1. tractorguy

tractorguy

OK, I've lurked and enjoyed long enough. The thread on midget racing today finally called me out. I'm an old man who enjoys all things mechanical. I grew up in Iowa reading Hot Rod magazine in the 50's and "California Dreaming". I helped build some dirt track stockers in Iowa and went on to college (Psychology) and many, many years of corporate life.

I currently have way too much junk and have realized that it's time I picked a project and started it. I have an old Solar rail frame midget dirt car with a Chev II 4cyl., a Kurtis midget basket case, 58 Chev. pickup that I hope to have a an antique hauler and a 27 T rough roadster body that need to be a track roadster. Also have a ratty old midget chassis with an old Indian Chief engine that looks like it would fit right in.

This junk shares space with a couple of antique Case tractors that I love for their simplicity, utility( I actually have a mower on one and a loader for moving junk on the other) and easy wrenching.

2. fuzzface

fuzzface

Welcome to the Hamb from Dousman, Wi., Steve

3. dorksrock

dorksrock

Welcome aboard, from Sun Prairie, Wisconsin!!!

-Jordan

4. speedy pete

speedy pete

Welcome, I Don't know enough to give advice but have been lurking and learning from this site for a couple of years.
    Pete Hayward Wi.

5. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Welcome from Antigo.

B:DB

6. Welcome ! There are not enough midget or sprint car folks in here. :)

7. k9racer

k9racer

welcome . their are several circle track folks on the hamb.. 2 midget guys for sure and some sprint, super modified and quite a few old stock car racers., I always loved the lines of a solar and a kirtus.. The old cars were very pleasing to look at not like the boxey winged cars of today.. Can you post some photos... please.. welcome again..... Bobby............

8. BZNEIL

BZNEIL

Welcome aboard. I wish I had that many midgets waiting in line. Want to get rid of any?

9. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

more roundy rounder guys for you to play with eh johnny? :D

welcome to the HAMB dude... seems to be an influx of wedge head members lately

10. 53spider

53spider

welcome from Burlington

11. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

Welcome from Caledonia, WI!

12. hello from Green Bay:)

13. RW

RW
    from Milwaukee

A big welcome from brewer town.........

[​IMG]

14. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

Welcome from Tulsa
    Here is some secret advise so don't let it out, go ahead and crate up the old solar and Kurtis and send it my way before someone breaks in lol. I'am an old midget driver that still has a few left over myself., post some pic's
    "Doc" Parsons

15. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

Welcome from Appleton!!!

16. skyrodder

skyrodder