Register now to get rid of these ads!

" Yellow Belly Dragstrip "

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty2, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Dirty2

Dirty2

Yep we went there yesterday and had a blast. That place has really cleaned up. Talk about history !!!! Pictures to follow tonight !!!

Attached Files:

2. scrape

scrape

last night sure was fun..... to bad that one peckerwood didnt show up..... yellow belly rocks.....

3. skumbag

skumbag

is it 1/4? i was asking on another thread if this would be a good place to have something like the DOTD...just a thought

matt

4. BELLM

BELLM

Where is this located? Looks like you can get up close & personal there!

5. Did you get stabbed or shot??? I've heard bad stories about that place.

6. scrape

scrape

hahaha.... no its a real laid back place...... there were about 5 of us peckerwoods thereplus danny brought danyelle

yellow belly i an 1/8 mile.... http://www.yellobellydragstrip.com/ ...

7. AHotRod

AHotRod

Can't wait to see the pictures......looks like a cool old place.

8. Rusty

Rusty

SWEET!!!!!!! I missed it since they are opened on Sundays. Although I do have good secret upcoming news about the track and the nostalgic scene. This is gonna be good!!!!!!!!

9. Rusty

Rusty

Track is located off Loop 12 and Belt line Rd in Grand Prairie. Real easy to get to and settled rite in between Dallas and Ft Worth. Plenty of shade, covered bleachers, and hospitality.

10. Rusty

Rusty

The bathrooms were spotless, very humble poeple, no gun shots, no fights, no more black top staging all new concrete leading to pad, cool t-shirts, very clean all around. This is gonna be good

11. pastlane

pastlane

I used to go there back around 77 or 78 when I was living in Dallas, was a cool & scary place then. Seemed like there were more people standing on the track than in the stands.

12. Dirty2

Dirty2

Very cool place. Small kids running around the bleachers. Clean bath rooms . I was very impressed.

Attached Files:

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

We had a blast !!!!

Attached Files:

14. I went in the early (?) sixties. The only car I remember was a 37 or 38 Chevy Gasser........"Snuffbox" It was fun then, I don't know about now?

15. Dirty2

Dirty2

I really had a blast and plain to go back... True outlaw street racing without worrying about getting busted.

Attached Files:

16. Dirty2

Dirty2

I know where Snuffbox is setting. There was a camero there called BABA and the owner said it was her dads in the 60's and called Shake and Bake ...

17. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

It was pretty scary both on and off the track in the 60's(guns,knives)
    Glad to hear that it might be safe to visit nowdays.
    There used to be a "figure-8" track behind Yellow Belly.
    Is it still there? Saw some grinding intersection crashes there.
    They used to have a $100 engine claim in force there.
    Anybody,spectator or competitor could buy the engine out of
    any car racing there for $100.
    That kept the high buck guys from freezing out local fun guys.:cool:

18. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Where is SnuffBox nowdays?
    I last saw that car in the 60's.It belonged to some black guys
    that were seriously into the gas class cars.
    I saw an earlier SnuffBox of theirs (a brown 49 Chev w/Olds I think)
    running at the old Circle Dragstrip in Dallas about 1959.

19. Dirty2

Dirty2

It sits beside a house off Irving Blvd.

20. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Could you tell me how to find it on Irving Blvd.?
    I would sure like to see it again after ~ 40+ yrs.
    Thanks...MickeyD

21. I remember seeing the SuffBox run at Green Valley as a kid. I have a pic of it with its nose off and it was running a BBC with a tunnel ram and twin dominators. Also they use to park it out in front of HotRod Exchange sometimes...

22. rstanberry

rstanberry
    from terrell tx

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE LEFT OLD ENOGHT TO KNOW WHERE ZIP CITY IS. DO YOU REMEMBER WHO ORIGINALLY BUILT YELLO BELLY ??
    RON

23. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I went about five years ago, someone loosened the right front lug nuts on my car when I walked away from it after I'd won a money race. Drove it a couple of miles before things got really out of hand. Had friends shot and stabbed there. I'll never set foot in that shithole again so long as I live, they can burn it.

24. Big Dad

Big Dad

I know its a rough joint (I've drove by) but ..serious ?

25. Rusty

Rusty

Good you was not invited

26. i quess i been sold a bill of goods all this time , someone , ok my moms from texas and i was lead to believe all yall had gun racks in your hot rods:D
    all kidding asside we have a track not 12 miles from my shack thats in the same situation...from the pictures looks like yall had fun ..

27. Dirty2

Dirty2

Since things has changed there thay dont wont your type there either.:eek::cool: As far as your lugnuts, are you shure you tightened them ? By the time they loosened them they could have stole the whole car !

28. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Yes I'm sure I tightened them. ;) After about a million miles of driving in cars, I doubt the first and only time I've driven on a loose wheel was just coincidentally after winning a money race at Yello Belly and within three miles of the gate.

I'd heard they were trying to get rid of the thugs by doing random searches and confiscating cars for registration and inspection violations. I'm sure it's a great place now and the restrooms sound awesome. :D

29. The Shocker

The Shocker

I went there a few months ago ,and i made it out alive.Might not be a bad event if it were rented to a bunch of Hambers .I will give it a chance ...

30. What I think everyone needs to remember is this track might be a family friendly enviroment on the inside but the area around it is still considered high crime by law enforcement. Going to this track on a sunday afternoon when most of the hood peoples have a hangover or are still asleep then getting a T-shirt and taking a dump in a clean bathroom should by no way be percieved as this track is like this all the time. My friends and I from back in highschool use to go down to this track friday nights and had a blast. But also we were a large group of guys. Yes we knew it was a bad and my parents forbid me from going over there but so what, we were young. Sure fights got started, knives pulled and I was there when a bet wen't bad and a guy got shot. Most all of the incidents happened after dark when the place started getting crowded. You really needed to be aware of your surroundings. Sure, I'll go to a event down there If ones ever setup...I have a CCL and I'll come heavy, regardless I'll be leaving the area before dark, but don't tell me the place is laid back because of a T-shirt and clean toilets...If you have that opinion, it may change after dark when you have to stop in a gas station in that area..