Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dragster frames........picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Countn'Carbs likes this.
  2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

3. King - I knew you'd be all over this one buddy (haha). That new chassis is looking kick ass!

You should try and build a few chassis and bring them up here for Billetproof (at least) and try to sell a couple. You can stay at my place if ya like.

See ya soon!

4. This actually is an article I've got a couple of photo copys of. I've been drooling over them since I was in grade school!

5. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

[​IMG]

6. Conder

Conder

7. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

You guys are killing me...I can't get to work on my car!!
    Thanks for the pic's and your time.

8. 85-percent

85-percent

I like Tim Conder's scans better than Don Ewalds scans!

And I have a massive respect for both of them. Don's description to me of driving a FED back then made it sound like it was better than sex, winning the lottery, dropping just the right amount of acid and personally torturing Bush/Cheney* COMBINED.

I hope you got to make some laps in your cars, Tim!

-90% Jimmy

*just a literary point. I'm against torture no matter the circumstances. I'd settle for a War Crimes, Crimes against humanity, Crimes against the Constitution and High Treason Trial instead.

9. Conder

Conder

Thanks! This car is driving us crazy man. We finally got the Titan pedal clutch set-up for smoking the tires, and I can actually hold the clutch in for a long time. (This is absolutely necessary for push starting the car and then jockeying it around.) I've decided to run the new M&H 13" slicks too. Since it will probably be the new NTF spec tire, we can run all their cast-offs. They're cool, and that extra height and width won't suck for looks either!

My cars were ultra-legal back in 2000, but now we have to run an SFI containment devise and possibly a blower bag. (F!@#.) I sat in the car for a long time yesterday, so we could figure out where to put the mag switch, fire bottle actuators and fuel shut-off. We have to move the steering box back 2 inches to gain better clutch pedal position and then, we have to move the !@#$in' steering crossover to blah blah...Still, we'll have everything re-certed and running real soon...

http://condercustom.com/ATF/rail/satanrail.html - FUELERS FOREVER.

Attached Files:

10. There were several versions of that car with different wheelbase, paint, etc.

11. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Conder- Good to hear things are coming along. Dont let any changes get ya down. Keep punching away. And youll be smokin them before you know it. KING

12. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Boy this car looks alot like the gold one dont it?
    [​IMG]

13. Conder

Conder

I suck at controlling my enthusiasm (just ask Fox) so I apologize in advance if my posts seem "know-it-all.".

That being said, I'm going to pass along the NUMBER ONE MOST IMPORTANT THING I've learned IF YOU PLAN ON BUILDING A RACE CAR...(especially if it's the type of race car that killed 4 to 5 men a year back in the '60s.) Find yourself a dyed in the wool, hardcore dragster mentor. If you're running nitro like me and don't have much money, they are THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. I've got a cat working with me that has already saved my engine (and wallet) twice with advise you can't read in a book, find on the internet or see at the drags.

Like...If your bellhousing and motorplate are mis-aligned more than 5 thousandths, you'll shake the main bearings out of the car.

True, "mentors" can confuse and overcomplicate shit, especially if you have more than one. But GET ONE. They're tough to catch too! I mean, they're super smart in some areas, but not so in others...I've had good luck sitting on the roof of my wagon outside Cattlemen's Steak House. They like to hang by the door after a big meal, so get yourself a stout fishin' pole. (I use the same one they use on "Bass Masters") only with stainless braided line.

Hook some decent money on (I use about 20 one dollar bills wrapped in a 50) lightly misted with nitromethane, then cast it NEAR the group. Once you get one branching off to investigate, slowly reel toward your car. MAKE SURE your hot ass wife or girlfriend is with you, so once they get close covert oggling will ensue. They'll only get in your car if they're INSANE, which is a good sign...SANE drag racers don't run these cars. - Good luck!

RileyRacing likes this.
  14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Thank you Mr. Conder, because this thread is perfect for a professional builder as yourself......I am a collector with loose knowledge of the cars built in an era and I do not know much about buiding a dragster in this era......so please help the folks that need it......Have a wonderful New Year......Skip

15. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Who made these glorious runners?!

What the !?????

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  16. Hmmm...only differences appear to be the cowl area, and the cage. The gold one seams to be a bit more laid back. Either way, both are bitchin cars!

17. Conder

Conder

I'm no pro race car builder Royal, but thanks for the compliment. Pete Ogden built my chassis' and I've got professional race car builder Chris Bocciocco helping me finish mine. I've got my DNA in there though!

It's an amazing experience doing this, I highly recommend getting some folks together and building something. These cars are BAAAAAAD!

18. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I just cannot get enough of this photo.

[​IMG]

19. rooman

rooman

If someone can tell me how to post a CAD file here I will put up the Autocad drawings of my front engine dragster frames. I finally have them in a complete enough form that they may actually be useful.

Roo

20. 85-percent

85-percent

Roo - this below is from a search for "attachments". Looks like you pic the paper clip icon in the window that comes up when you select post - advanced. I was gonna PM with my email, but that seemed kind of selfish. (I'm working on my 'self-absorbed' issues!)

Thanks for sharing!

-90% Jimmy

The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make.
    To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Manage Attachments] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.
    After posting, the image attachments may display a thumbnail, depending on the forum settings. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon.

21. You can also upload to a photo hosting site like photobucket, than put an image link in the post, then they will show up actual size instead of thumbnails.

22. rooman

rooman

Before posting I tried the photobucket deal but it won't accept a CAD file so let's try this. The drawing is for a 225" wb with the motor 40"-42" out. As my CAD guy is somewhat slack there are a few minor tubes missing from the drawing but it should give you a good idea of the basic layout.

Roo

Attached Files:

23. 85-percent

85-percent

Thanks much, Keith!

-90% Jimmy

24. Sorry to get sidetracked again. Here's another one of those bodies.

[​IMG]

Now let's see some more pics or dragster frames.

25. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98330
    The thread above has several CAD files.

I couldn't open your attatchment.:confused:

26. Roo....I clicked the CAD link and got the "drawn with incompatible version" message. You must be using a version newer than r14. :)

27. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

28. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

[​IMG]
    Tom Ivos last f.e.d. Don Long car

29. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS