Register now to get rid of these ads!

Canadian/American 38 chevy windshield molding question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ether, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Are the front windshield moldings on a canadian 38 chevy sedan the same as an american 38 chevy sedan. I have a buddy who is looking for a set with defrost vents. He picked up a set from a guy in canada and they dont fit as his american ones do. The part number on the Canadian moldings is 30971 the american one is H30971. If there is a major difference between the two or if anyone has a set of real good american ones let us know also.

2. ford1932

ford1932
    from Canada

I had a 37 chev and I beleive the w/s mldgs. are the same. Not sure about a 38 but on a 37 the defrost on the drivers sids was not in the moulding but had a separate cup that screwed on to a couple of holes ifront of the mldg. I always thought 38'3 were the same.

3. Ramblur

Ramblur

Well this is interesting. We just recently cleaned up the one for my
    brothers 38 Chevy coupe. It came with the car when he bought it,
    but a trial fit shows it to be about 1 1/2"too wide. Has two
    defroster slots in it,but now I have no idea what its for. Fits good
    tho just too damn wide. Where's the # at? I'll let you know what #
    mine is.:confused: BTW his coupe came from Minot,ND

4. chad

chad

Chevs are the same between Canadian and USA cars from what I was told ,but the Pontiacs are different...Canadian Pontiac will fit the Chevys but an American Pontiac is a totally different breed...

5. old beet

old beet

Also coupe and sedan glass is the same size but different shape. Maybe you have coupe moldings?......OLDBEET

6. no friggin' idea. I feel like I should know with my profile name... sheesh.

7. Interesting, Minot is close to the Canadian border. I will find out where the part numbers are and get back with everyone. Thanks for the help. ETHER

8. If you are looking for something from Canada just let me know and I would be more than willing to call around and see if I could locate some parts for you.

9. chad

chad

Well since you offered,LOL,,,I want a 37 chev coupe body to fit a set of garnish mouldings I have here LOL

10. I may have a garnish moulding from a 39 Chevy sedan if it would help.If I don,t have it I can get it off of the car.....in the spring.

11. the number is on top passenger side toward the center

12. That should be easy enough, i'll get right on that. LOL.

13. What he has is a perfect set from Canada that doesnt fit in his American 38. he also has a perfect American set that doesnt have the defrost vents. He doesnt want to cut up the two sets to make one set that works if he doesnt have too. He is willing to buy or trade for an American set that has defrost vents before he cuts up the two sets. Ide rather keep the two sets in circulation than cut up 2 for 1, that doesnt help anyone out especially when Chevy stuff is harder to come by than most others. HELP??? ETHER

14. What are the exact measurements? I can try and call around to see if I can locate it for you.

15. scott rigsby

scott rigsby

i have 2 diffrent sets! the numbers on the garnesh mouldings are H-30971 on one, and the other is 30971 the only thing diffrent is the H. the one without the H has a tighter radious in the top corner, and about a 1/4 taller about 5to6 inches from the outside ends, but the on without the H I was told was pulled from a 38 sedan. I would appreciate any help to find out what the H means.

16. If I read correctly one is slotted for heater vents and the other isnt correct?

17. [​IMG] Re: Canadian/American 38 chevy windshield molding question.
    <HR style="COLOR: #999999" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Chevs are the same between Canadian and USA cars from what I was told ,but the Pontiacs are different...Canadian Pontiac will fit the Chevys but an American Pontiac is a totally different breed....

This the same info that i got. Chad is absolutely correct.

<!-- / message -->

18. scott rigsby is the gentleman who i am trying to help.