Register now to get rid of these ads!

~sunday models~ 12/23

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'skool29, Dec 22, 2007.

1. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

so since i finished my roadster, i started working on a couple models that hammeredt sent me, he had a sweet chopped 33 ford which i'm gonna be building as my own salt racer, red oxide, track nose, halibrands, all that stuff. and it will have a pusher also. the pusher is a '50 ford pickup also sent by hammeredt, it's got flipped axles, so it sits lower now. i will take pics later on today hopefully, and post them up, but for now, lets see what you guys have on your bench this week!

2. primersfiner

primersfiner
    from kentucky

my 36 for i used the intake from the goodguys 40 ford and everything else was kit supplied
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i hope you guys like it

3. man i love it .. sweet ride

4. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Here are some I did last week. The 49 is a resin body that is almost finished and the other ones I am just getting started on.

Attached Files:

5. ...here's a 34 coupe I've been workin on, almost done...
    [​IMG]

6. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

I'm working on my first real model. Uncle gave me a big Deuce last year and I'm finally getting around to it since I just finished up college. Little break before real life. I was just wondering about resin bodies and such. I was doing a little searching and came across a 32 5 window body that was resin cast for the big deuce kit. A lot of the stuff in sunday models i've seen don't have kits as far as I can find.

7. This one i started the other night. Its a chrysler 300C that was prepainted but i wanted to try out simulateing a stainless roof and foil all the trim. I think it will turn out not too bad when done.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a 53 Chev body that i got already chopped but i didn't like it so i re-chopped it and like it allot better now. The whole thing is being built from my parts box so far. The motor is the typical SBC but with webers.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

can anyone do me a favour and post up the proper techniques on applying flock and bare metal foil? thanks

9. Anderson

Anderson

Bare metal foil....I try to use fresh stuff, when it gets old is gets very flakey and rips easily. BMF is pretty easy....peel and stick. Just make sure to get it jammed in all the cracks and crevices. I like to use Q-tips to get it tight around edges or on trim. They don't scratch the foil but still get it into place pretty well. Just be careful when you cut off the excess. Use a very sharp exacto, I use a #11 blade. Using a sharp one means you can cut through the foil without pressing too hard and cutting into the paint underneath.

Flocking is also easy. First paint the surface. If the flocking will be white, paint it white....black, paint it black. Let it dry. Then, come back with the same color paint and brush it on one small spot at a time. Dump some of the flocking on the still wet paint and press it down. Shake the excess flocking off, then paint another spot and repeat. If you use glossy paint, it seems to dry slower and you can do larger areas all at once before the paint dries. The key is putting it over the wet paint, making it stick.

10. Mojo

Mojo

That was probably one of Mike Gradis' castings. Has the site edeuce.com. He sells it, and 3w on ebay often. Very good castings, they only need to be blocked out for paint. I have one of his 3W coupes, it's every bit as good as the kit body. He sells "seconds" on there sometimes too, they'll have flaws in them, but usually go for a bit cheaper. I'd rather ante-up for a good one myself. There's almost nothing for 1/8th scale as far as resin parts go. A lot of talk, but very little actually for sell. Check out largescalemodeler.com if you want to see what other people are building in that scale.

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

man that thing scared me a little! I think I peed a little....

12. Anderson

Anderson

Saaaaawing and a miss...

13. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

rad. thanks for the info. maybe it'll be far enough along for some pics next week. i found this while digging in an old models thread. seem to have quite a few http://resinrealm.net/RRGallery/index.html

i'm finding this process really relaxing. i predict more in my future.

14. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

I showed model car sunday to Rob a while back, and since he doesn't use the computer he asked me to post some of the ones he's been working on, now to get him over here so he can tell me what he's done to them :rolleyes::D

this is a Chrysler 300 1/18 die cast from American Grafitti, shaved handles
    Frenched headlights and taillights, nosed and decked, and lowered it. With a candy green paint and gold base

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

49 Merc die cast 1/24th
    He changed the grill, hard topped it, scooped quarters, frenched the taillights. painted this one primer black with a tan interior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also a 65 Lincoln model kit. Turned it into the wagon version, shaved handles and emblems, used custom front and rear bumpers from the kit. altered the rear bumper. Mags from a 56 Corvette. Painted candy purple.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

17. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Where do you buy the solution to do the rust on the gasser? I like the effect.

18. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

i bought it at micheals (craft store)
    http://www.michaels.com/art/online/home

keith

19. noboD

noboD

61Falconwagon, that roof looks REAL. Nice effect.

20. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor