Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wanna see some hoodless 40's 50's Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mercjoe, Dec 13, 2007.

1. BadLuck

BadLuck

A nudder one..............[​IMG]

2. BadLuck

BadLuck

I know..I know...its not a car, but it is a cool hoodless truck........[​IMG]

3. BadLuck

BadLuck

My buddies hoodless 51.......sorry I couldn't resist!!!:eek::D:D:D[​IMG]

4. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

Soul.

[​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Shane and Grumpys rides..Couple of kool guys from RoadHounds out of the Youngstown Ohio area (Cortland I believe) Grumpy sold the burb after his wife stripped the hell out of it..Shanes Ford is nothing but SOUL!!!!Fuckin beautiful!!!!

I dig the no hood look and hey....you dont like it anymore you can put it back on!

5. JamesG

JamesG

Yes, they are very cool guys and super nice too. I met Shane when I bought the Burb from Grumpy. I love Shanes interior on that Ford.....

6. How about hoodless and fenderless?
    [​IMG]

7. synthsis

synthsis

two of my buddies cars
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is one of my all time favorite.

Attached Files:

9. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

I love the hoodless look in my book its the way to go!

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

FatRat's Dad has a bitchin '46 coupe with no hood. Maybe he will see this...

11. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Scott's right on the money here... damn near ANY 50's car or truck should be wearin' its entire body, and i would say most of the 40's cars as well with one notable exception of a 40 Ford Deluxe coupe, when, if done right is VERY acceptable minus hood. also a very select few "fat fender" late 40's early 50's PU's can get away without a hood as well. this isnt to say that every 30's car can get away without hoods either... the "deco" style cars such as a zeypher look hideous minus a hood... so there are exceptions to every rule

my willys PU ran sans fenders and hood for the first 6 months or so after i got it road worthy and it looked (in hindsight) like 1000 pounds of hammered cow shit. a few weeks before last years drags, the fenders went on, "just to see how it'd look..." it made a WORLD of difference by changing the cars STANCE. i shit you not, the stance actually changed in my opinion. reason for the change? because it became more in proportion with the addition of the fenders... its all about proportion guys, this is something i am learning more and more.

did i like the look of the thing without the fenders? yea, i thought so, but i didnt know better. i'm glad the tins were off the thing at that time, as it really DID make a world of difference keeping it easy to make adjustments and repairs without them in the way... its still running (well, sitting now... i hate winter!) without the hood, but soon as i can get it rolled into the shop and get a few more things buttoned up in the engine compartment...

its all about proportion guys... Ryan talks about it on almost a weekly basis in the TJJ blog...

12. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Judge for yourself...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

this was just temporary. its going on this spring.[​IMG][​IMG]

14. mercjoe

mercjoe

Still think it looks cool......

15. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

not to be a dick,,but either ways its not a hot rod....
    in the top pick it looks like a willys pick up without a hood and rear fenders,in the bottom pic it looks like a wilys pick up missing the front fenders and rear fenders.

16. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I would rock a shoebox with no hood if I had a pretty motor. Just a temporary thing, but I really like looking at engines.

17. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

interestingly enough, i never CALLED it one, but thats another issue

18. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

like i said,not trying to be a dick,,but what does that truck have to do with this web site? i just found it odd that you were using it as your example when discusng Ryans discusion on proportions,,,,

19. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

less and less as time moves on i suppose . . .