Register now to get rid of these ads!

sunday models

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'skool29, Dec 15, 2007.

1. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

ok, its not sunday yet, but here's the sunday models thread. i finished my 29 roadster, and i started building a roth inspired bubble top. it'll run a nailhead with a 6 carb log intake, and my plan for paint is an early 80's ford green metallic, i swiped a paint chip from the automotive paint store, and i like how it looks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. primersfiner

primersfiner
    from kentucky

my willys pickup nothing special but i like it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

goooood morning builders, get posting!

4. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Cool models. Nice a roadster. I like that. The bubble project should be kool too. The Willys truck looks good.

I better go get the camera and take some pics of the lil I got done this week.

5. mbstude

mbstude

Here's the '53 Stude- Bonneville Record Breaker I finished yesterday.
    BTW, the "tag" on the rear bumper reads "BNVL S2D" (As in "Bonneville Stude").

Notice the lower stance when compared to a 'stocker'.
    [​IMG]

Stude Powered
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, here's some pics of the Stock '53. I can't take the credit on this one, it was a gift.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Thumper

Thumper

7. 'Mo

'Mo

[​IMG]

Here's a prototype I built for my 1:1 Stude project.

I began the project by combining AMT's Starlight hardtop body with the Revell "Miss Deal" kit to produce a two-door post, then chopped it as the real car. I sold that model, but first replicated it as follows :

I used some craft store mold maker to produce a female mold.
    This was filled with plaster to produce the plaster "buck" seen in the picture.

The body in the foreground began as a flat sheet of styrene, heated in the oven and vacu-formed over the plaster mold seen behind it [using a hand made box and a Vacuum cleaner.]

Please pardon the mags and modern paint, as the real car will be retro, with '56 Lincoln caps, Hawk fins, and '37 Ford headlights. [Any tips on frenching these is welcome .] The top was chopped by leaning the un-cut windshield as far as it would go, and replacing the wraparound rear glass with an inverted '50 Ford rear window. This produced about a 6" chop at the A-pillar.

8. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

I started this a while ago, but im back to building it now, i sectioned some plastic from the middle, and made it skinnier, it sits on a fuel alteredframe.

Engine is a concept DOHC 426 Hemi, it will be Fuel Injected

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

10. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

nothing else? omega, wheres all your sick builds???

11. zbuickman

zbuickman

How a bout a Ford sportn' a 2x1 Flatty, floor shift, craggers and goodyear F60/14 in the front. A little trimming and goodyear rally GT L60/14 in the rear. slathered in orange and covered by a white top.

P.S. this model has held up well considering it was assembled in 63'

Attached Files:

12. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Havnt been building much lately buddy :(..but il get cracking on them old builds for 2008

[​IMG]

13. EdselRich

EdselRich

you gotta love models. everything you wanna do to your real cars you can do to them. the only thing is that if you fuck up you throw it away. but then if you do it right you wish you woulda done it on your real one