Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 57-60 ford truck pics????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luckystiff, Aug 3, 2007.

1. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Here is a pic of my "PUSH TRUCK". All original except for the wheels and some of the interior.

Attached Files:

2. skratch

skratch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

Which one you keeping skratch? I like em both.

4. How much chop ya got on that, Skratch?

5. JRussell

JRussell

6. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

who carries some shiny hubcaps for the stock wheels?

7. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

Pic with moon disc.

Attached Files:

8. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I ran the 57 passenger car caps and liked those. They were the dogdish style. Then I got the wheels blasted and painted and I just couldn't snap a cap on that fresh paint. Maybe someday I'll do it.

Later,Bill

9. Markeboo

Markeboo

I looked for 18 months and finally found a 57 SB Big Window... I am looking for a hood ornament, stock bumpers and brackets, if you know of any one, let me know... I will post a pic of my 57 soon...

10. ahawes

ahawes

Check out sacramento vintage ford...

11. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

My driveway...

[​IMG]

That white long bed is my old truck. It used to be burgundy and white with a Y-block in it...

12. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I drove the wheels off a 57 F-350 with a 312. about 30 years ago. My dream truck is still a red and white 57 big window with a 312 and T85 overdrive tranny. I keep looking but seldom find a 57, mostly those uglyassed 60s it seems (sorry guys, that grill is just hideous to me) A 58 would do or even a 59 with a 58 hood. I would run past all the 53-56s you could line up for a 57. If you ever have a chance to set one next to a 55-59 chevy, just close the doors on both trucks and see why Ford got to be #1 in truck sales.
    Now there is that 60 Merc coming up on auction that I might bend for.

13. '57-'58 had the same hood- why not buy a '58, and fit with a '57 grill?

14. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

BUMMER!! About 6/8 months ago I had a chrome '57 grille and a '57 hood I was going to put on my '60 F100 but I sold the truck then sold the hood and grille to some guy for $125 bucks, would rather have seen it go to a H.A.M.B.er.

Attached Files:

15. I like the grey one. What wheel / tire combo are you running. Wheel and tire sizes and offsets.

16. ahawes

ahawes

My 59...

Attached Files:

17. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

Attached Files:

18. toadfrog

toadfrog
    from Arkansas

I finally found me one.... The paint was so ugly I was ashamed to post a pic. It had a 80's blue to white fade that was poorly done......
    But it already had a 351W/C-4 combo.

I'm still undecided about the front suspension, MustangII or Volare????

Attached Files:

19. jrod60

jrod60
    from Katy, TX

My recently departed 60 stepside (and source of my screen name). A lowly 223/tree-speed and a rusty hunk, but it was cool for a long time. I need to toss my S10 and get another one soon. I just realized that I owned this thing for eight years and this is best picture I have; kinda disappointing...
    J

[​IMG]

20. BTT (keepin' it alive)

21. Here's a few more pics from my picture bag on the computer...I am not a real big 4x4 guy, but these rigs do look good up in the air...

BRT

Attached Files:

22. Levi Garrett

Levi Garrett

Dang BigRedTodd, what's the scoop on that '59 4x? Is it yours? For Sale?

23. slepe67

slepe67

[​IMG]
    anyone know anything about this truck? Trying to find info on it, Mooneyes website only shoes a couple small pics of it..I am looking at converting one into a bad ass tow rig. THINKING of putting the body on a newer Ford diesel F-250...how hard could it be? :)

24. Levi Garrett

Levi Garrett

slepe67... I always wanted to do EXACTLY what you said about dropping it on a newer diesel chassis. There was a thread on here about doing it with a newer f150. Not exactly the same thing but you'll get the idea. Here it is:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206840

I went ahead and did some more research on this a while back as I was interested too. Basically what I found is that both wheel bases on a '57-60 won't directly drop onto the chassis of the newer truck (150, 250, or 350). The cab can get on with minimal work, but for the rear you'd either have to cut the frame and make new driveshafts or cut the body.

I personally was trying to find a big window '57 with a longbed and then cut the bed to match the wheelbase of the newer frame. Doing sheetmetal work seemed far easier to me than cutting up a perfectly good straight frame. How sweet would it be to have a '97 1-Ton F-350 power stroke diesel under one of these bodies? Anyway, if you find out any further info on this I would be interested to know as well. -Levi G-

25. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Just a little advice on the diesel deal, first off if you get a '57 Big Window, call me before you cut it:) Second why not actually use a reliable strong diesel? Say for example a cummins 6bt or even a 4bt, manual tranny, then just beef up the frame, then you can use a bigger rearend. And suspension wise it's up to you, beefed up srings, I-beam, straight axle whatever. I know it's the whole Ford deal but Ford diesels aren't top of the line. Use something that will have been worth it in 10 or so years. And if you do stoop to the level of using a Ford nothing but a 7.3l will suffice. Okay now that I did my little rant, back to your regular programing.

26. slepe67

slepe67

Not sure what Ford trucks came with what diesel engine...I like the Cat/Cummins, though..no DODGE!

I have a 97 F250 with (if my memory serves me correctly) a 7.3. I want the brakes, suspension, steering, and safety/reliability of a newer truck. Unfortunately, I can't stand the look of them. I first got the idea with a 1976 F-150 4x4 my dad bought brand new and still stores at his ranch. It has 78,000 original miles, and for good reason. It was a POS right from the factory. I thought that putting the body on a new diesel 4x4 frame would be killer, and at the time, diesel fuel was half the cost of regular.

I'll read the psot on the F150 conversion...thanks fellas... JL

27. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Fords never came with them sadly, unless your looking at the BIG trucks. I think the '97 should be a 7.3. I'm a what you may call a "Ford Guy" but I looked to Dodge when I wanted a strong diesel. I've got an '02 Dodge 3500, it out pulls my dad's 07 F350 in a heart beat. But I guess if your just looking to swap the bodies for something fun and reliable, go for it. Also if you ever get the urge to swap a cummins between the rails of that '97 look for a company called Destroked, I believe they have a kit to swap either a 6bt or a 4bt into one of those trucks, the 4bt would be my choice for fitment reasons though. Anyways Goodluck.

28. slepe67

slepe67

sweet, thanks. That helps, as I have ZERO diesel knowledge...

29. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Actualllyyyy, as a owner of Three 57 F-100, i can reluctantly say the 57 chevy pickups are FAR FAR cooler, why i have three F-100's instead of three 57 chevy pickups, i do not know haha

30. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

I agree '57 Ford is much cooler than a '57 Chevy, I need a '57 F100 Shortbox Big Window, to go with my 394 olds and TH400 trans.