Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scrappage Bill In Ohio We Need Hamber Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ems customer service, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I got this from Rep. Ross McGregor's office. It's the meat of a memo sent out by Rep. Clyde Evans office...

I know it's big and long, but it's worthy of a look.

[​IMG]

Vance

2. ems customer service

ems customer service

the memo is actually good news it shows that clyde evans is now having to respond to our pressure this means that our emails have a effect and they are worried that the house floor may not be a slam dunk, but we must not relax,
    we must continue to email and call house reps. there trying to take our cars. and there winning right now i will call kenny yuko tomorrow to hear the latest and will try to call lance mason also.

KEEP CALLING MORE EMAILS!!!!

for those new to the post email address and telephone numbers are listed on preceeding pages

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Read above.... We need more emails guys please?

4. swazzie

swazzie

5. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

cant get the address thing to work in my yahoo..can someone forward me their sent mail and i will clip it and resend.......former ohio resident(centerville)

thanks [email protected]

6. ems customer service

ems customer service

keep fighting for your cars, the bill got bumped on wendsday might come back on thursday, clyde evans is feeling the pressure

lets give him big hamber kick in the rear

more emails

more emails

more emails

7. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

The post that I did yesterday was of a memo from Clyde Evans. When I transferred it into a jpeg, it looked fine. When I uploaded it onto photobucket, it got reduced in size so now it's tough to read.

I don't know how to post a PDF file, which is what I got. If you want to read this memo, AND YOU SHOULD, PM and I'll send it to you.

I don't want to sound like I'm jumping ship but as I understand what's going on here is pretty simple. I'll try to explain it as it was explained to me and it was explained by a Rep who is against the Bill, Fessler.

Ohio is basically broken down into two parts, cities, towns and villages and then townships. There is already a law on the books, and has been for years, giving the power to the cities, towns and villages to haul off cars, trucks whatever as they see fit. There is no law on the books for townships. They have to go to other authorities to get help with getting junk removed.

In the law on the books, it has provisions that allow property owners to store vehicles either in buildings or behind shrubbery or under opaque coverings.

HB 560 is supposed to be a law that gives the townships the same and only the same authority that the cities, towns and villages already have.

If you live inside a city, town or village limits, you’re already being affected by a law. If you live outside said limits, you’re probably in a township. This Bill will affect you just like the law affects the city, town and village dweller.

I was told that the only thing that would really help, due to the fact that there are more people living inside those cities, towns and villages then in the townships, is to not worry so much about this Bill and get the wording of the junk car definition changed. That would affect EVERY law and Bill, period. Fighting this Bill will not help the folks living inside the cities, towns and villages. Fighting to change that definition will help everyone, especially if this Bill passes.

I’m not saying to everyone to throw up your hands and walk away. Continue to show them that the car collectors have a voice. So if we decide to band together to get that definition changed, they’ll know we’re as serious then as we are now.

Thanks and I hope I didn’t confuse anyone too badly.

Again, PM me if you want that PDF sent to you.

Vance

8. rat seeker

rat seeker

I will do my part

9. ems customer service

ems customer service

lets hear from all the hambers who sent emails to house reps, tell us about any reply you have recieved

10. Hip

Hip

Petejoe, and anyone else that made the comment
    about other States following suit is right! If this gets passed you bet your ass that other States will follow as finally having an "Foot In" to really start cleaning up the Citys and Towns.
    This fights kinda personal to me as i got a 100.00
    ticket for my own truck (95o/o) finished just not registered), sitting in my own DRIVEWAY!!!:(
    I'v sent my e-mails of disgust out to all the Reps
    on that list, and no praising yet because of your findings "Em's" that it's really hard to know who the good guys are, especially with "palm greasing" going on so close to Election.
    I wish i could come join you
    at the meeting spots for some of the "up and personal
    confrentations but for now i'll hit them with E-mail dislikes.
    I'm gonna send a batch a day so they'll start to know me!:mad: FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!, ALL!

11. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

12. ems customer service

ems customer service

the latest word is that hb 560 will go to the house for a general vote, it low on the list but still on the list. clyde evans the bills sponser is feeling the pressure hambers are appying , but we need to continue the pressure, more calls and emails, the fuss we make is being heard and the main body of the house is no mood to take on a contriversal bill they are trying to pass there favorites before the new govenor gets in office.

more pressure more pressure more calls more emails, there gonna take our cars.

13. ems customer service

ems customer service

will have comments to send to house reps in a bit

14. ems customer service

ems customer service

Below Are Comments To Send To House Reps In Ohio, This Is A Response To False Info Being Passed Around. We Must Respond To The False Statements.

Please Send All Or Part Of This Leeter To The House Reps. There Gonna Take Our Cars. More Calls More Emails
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-8-06

Comments To Send To State House Reps

To Comment On The Letter From Clyde Evans On House Bill 560:

1). Yes The Definition Of A Junk Cars Does Gets Purposely Confused Hb 560 In Conjunction
    With(rc 505) The Conflicting Definitions Of Collector Cars And Junk,

2). Make It Nearly Impossible For A Classic Car Collector To Have Fair Due Process.
    There No Mention Or Protection Of A Classic Cars Or Classic Car Parts Under Restoration.
    The Bill Allows For The Townships To Find The Classic Car Guilty Of Being Junk And Then The Car Owner Required To Prove Innocence Will Still Being Subject To Fee’s And Costs Associated With The Property Being Seized By The Township.

3), During Committee Hearings The Townships Directly Complained That They Did Not Like Having To To Go Through Correct Due Process Of Law, Their Compliant Was Prosecutors And Sheriffs Did Not Do There Bidding Immediately, And The Propose Of Hb 560 Was To Eliminate The Procedure Of 1st Prosecutor Involvement. The Townships Said They Want To Remove Private Property 1st. Then Try And Have The Due Process Procedure Play Catch Up With The Actual Facts. Of Course This Allows Townships To Force Classic Car Owner To Pay Fees Even If They Win In Court, But By The Time “due Process” Catches Up , The Classic Car Has Been Destroyed.

4 This Bill Does Give The Township The Ability To Short Cut Due Process In There Favor And Gives The Township A Unfair Advantage Over Private Property.

5, If Townships Find That Prosecutor And Sheriffs Are Not Doing There Job Then The Procedure For Removing Underperforming Elected Officials Should Be Used. This Is The Public Election Process, The Voters Can Remove These Under Performing Officials If They Feel It Is Needed, Which It Has Not Been Done Because There Is No Public Out Cry Just A Few Noisy Complainers

8. The Post Deprivation Process Can Not Bring Back A Classic Car That Has Been Crushed Or Improperly Removed. The Townships Want To Destroy Private Property Quickly Before Due Process Can Determine The True Facts.

9. The Propose Notification Process Proposed By The Townships Is So Fast That It Is Impossible For Any Normal Person To Fairly Deal With The Situation Before Private Property Is Confiscate.

The Hb 560 Will Allow The Townships To Bypass Due Process For Legal Salvage Yards That Are Regulated By The Dept. Of Motor Vehicles. The Townships Also Complained That They Do Not Like To Deal With Another Regulatory Body Like The Ohio Dmv Because As The Township Said We Want To Do Want We Want When We Want It And Do Not Like The Way The Dmv Operates.

Please Vote Against This Bill It Is Bad Legislation

15. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I just got off the phone with my State Representative.
    We discussed this bill and it's lack of safeguards.
    He informed me that he has recieved no emails other than mine from car clubs.
    Please let them know in your emails that you are part of the collectors/restorers/antique car community.

Glenn

16. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

I had to break it down into smaller groups for outlook to take it....just cut and paste the red areas...(be sure to include the actual addresses...for some reason I can't make them red)

EDIt: make sure you put your mailing address and all contact info....i just got this from an autoreply...

Thank you for taking the time to send us an e-mail. Please make sure
    that you included your full name and physical mailing address in the
    correspondence. I will get back with you as soon as possible, but if
    this is an emergency please feel free to call me at (614) 752-2438 or
    (330) 433-9394.

Sincerely,

Office of Representative W. Scott Oelslager

Ohio House of Representatives

House District 51

(614) 752-2438 (ph)

(614) 644-9494 (fx)

5 emails....

Subject line

Scrappage Bill In Ohio- HB 560

40studedudes message

As an automobile collector, I cannot imagine how a bill like this can be even conseidered, let alone passed...to even consider removing a car from a person's private property without any sort of warning, or due process, is tatamount to Big Brother...many states voted on and defeated the "imminent domain" law this past November...and found out the voting public didn't like that one either...I urge you to work to defeat another law simply designed to take away the average person's individual rights.

outlook won't take a bunch of addresses...i broke them down.....i don't know how many it will take but these went on mine..

[email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>;
    [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>;

[email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>;
    [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>;

[email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>;
    [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>;

[email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>;
    [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>;

[email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>

17. ems customer service

ems customer service

for hambers with aol here is the quick list of emails for bulk mailing i can do about 10-15 at a time

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

18. ems customer service

ems customer service

19. Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

Well fellas, Governor Strickland signed House Bill 50 into law a couple days ago.

.:mad:

20. Support and good vibes sent from Tejas!

Keep up the good work guys!

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

This is total bull shit!..we all need to stand untited on this one guys and gals..one suggestion i have is everone on this board should call or e-mail these "elected" officials and remind them that they are "elected" also here is another really good idea..every one who e-mails or writes a letter should send in a copy of this thread // as it grows and show them the opposition and the voices..
    I got one thing to say to them!
    I own private property..I own a Large Dog!
    I will defend my property from un lawful or unconstitutional actions buy an unjust law or Jack Booted Governmental regulation..This is not going to be Waco again is it boys?
    Bring it on to my house and lets see!

22. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Ok so its one thing to have some nice vintage tin to work with but on the other hand if your just a hoarder and a damn pig id have to agree with your state.. Sorry but some of you out there just run down the neighborhood and if you havent looked lately property is at an all time low.. I was in FLA last weekend and even though it was snowing here in michigan I met a couple guys there that were on unenjoyment cause the economy sucks. If the economy sucks then ditrying up the neighborhood with junk that you think is worth a fortune aint gonna get it.. I get pissed cause my neighbor lives at the fucking lake all summer and cant even come over to mow his lawn.. Yup im a tax payer.. It should be mowed.. The lake can wait as can the cars.... The should be put in an area where they cant be seen..
    Dave

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

JusJunk ..you have a point ..but your missing the issue totally..would you want the next law they pass to affect you..and them to be able to do it with out notifying you? and with out you being able to stop them as they enter your "private " property? this is america isnt it? we have a constitution dont we?
    there are rules to be followed..and the government doesnt think the rules apply to them.

lets say your wife likes purple butterflys in your yard and they cost you about 100 bucks each and she has 20 of the dam things..a new law comes out tomorrow stating you cant have them ..they step into your yard and take them and charge you to remove them after they did it..your out your 200 bucks plus their invoice of another 300 bucks to remove thme..and your wife is pissed..(no pussy for a month) this was a free country..wait..some day it will effect you maybe in a different way but it will..maybe than you will be pissed enough to speak up..but i got news for you it will be way too late. Looks like it already is.

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

my math was off 2000 bucks and the 300 to haul your precious butterflys away.

25. Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

It's a double-eged sword, jusjunk. I don't want to be surrounded by mini-junkyards, but there's alot of room for power-hungry township officials to abuse the new law. I'm not real keen on the government taking control of private property without due process.

26. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Sorry but im not missing the point and ive been their .. I used to be one of the so called abusers but really i wasnt and i had everything inside and i couldnt be seen.. I still got hammered.
    Dave

27. llonning

llonning

28. Da Injun

Da Injun

So since it happened to you...the hell with everyone else, let them suffer as well. They can take any car if it has been sitting around for awhile, and I know of more than a few farther out in the country, that certainly aren't hurting property values, but those old cars can be hauled away at the owners expense. Or that farm that has a new subdivision going up next door, and he is shit out of luck if someone complains about his old iron...it is bull shit. The state should have no right to do this...but it is Ohio...and they have done some screwed up things in the past.

29. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

First they came for the Jews and the gypsies, and I did not speak, because I was not a Jew or a gypsy.

Then they came for the blacks and the asians, and I did not speak, because I was neither black nor asian.

Then they came for the homosexuals, and I did not speak, because I was heterosexual.

Then they came for old and the infirmed, and I did not speak, because I was young and in good health.

Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak on my behalf, because I could not find my voice to save them.

If you give them an inch every time they ask, eventually you will look around and find that you have given them the world, and it will be too late to do anything about it.

30. autocol

autocol

dude, what do you think 30's fords were 50 years ago!?

"old crap that should be hauled off and scrapped" pretty much sums it up. so you think those cars are shitty now, and in 50 years time you'll be telling your grandkids "i remember when i could have got a cavalier for free, look at the prices now, they're 8.6 million credit-units"...

honestly, you completely fail to recognise why there are ANY "classics" still available...