Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamb Relay Thread??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ether, Nov 29, 2007.

?
  1. yes

78 vote(s)
    96.3%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. I was wondering if it is possible and who elso would be interested in a thread or certain area for HAMB relays. Those that are offered and needed. Would it even work? Ryan?

2. newbomb

newbomb

ether gota 30 for free hahahahahahahahaa

3. michiganman061

michiganman061
    from Michigan

Thats a great idea, most relay posts seem to get buried on the main forum.

4. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

that is a great idea.

5. great idea, but any thoughts of putting this in the "questions and suggestions" section??

6. ya i posted it there too. i was hoping to get a good bit of interest here on the hamb. it would make it a bit easier to find someone relaying or needing one when we travel somewhere. its just to hard to search for it as we all thread it in different areas and with tons of different lingo.

7. bigolds

bigolds

For those of us idiots that don't know....Could someone explain what a relay thread is!!!!!

8. if you are traveling somewhere (with extra room in a truck or a trailer, or going empty one way) and would like to offer or make up some of your gas money, some hambers will post it in a relay thread. if someone needs something hauled they will contact you and set up arrangments. some need stuff hauled and some offer to haul. its like this " you got a car or parts in calif. and need it in new york, you post it as a relay needed and if someone is traveling that leg and can make room they will contact you " sometimes free and sometimes for a fee. its all about helping each other out. cheaper than a freighter. got it? hope it helped!!!

9. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I think it's a great idea, as said earlier these threads get lost in the shuffel and are on page 3 in 5 hours.

B:)B

10. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

11. thanks guys i think it will help everyone out!! nothing better than making it easier to lighten the load on our wallets during a build!!!! keep it going!! maybe with a bit of interest it could happen. ETHER

12. I offered one up a couple weeks back, went from Ny. to Mo. I got no takers but like was said it also got burried real quick.

13. classicfins

classicfins

I was just thinking about that a few days ago. I think it's a great idea. I'd be VERY interested in MrGasser's chopped and channeled shoebox project if I could relay it closer to Louisiana. ;)

14. QQMOON

QQMOON

15. where is it? might be running empty milwaukee to atlanta at the end of the month...

16. Great idea... I have a 32 frame needing to go to FL... Pay you what you want, PM me.

I also leave for Germany tonight for 5 days... I'm bringing a 32 grillshell and a 30 firewall with me on the plane for free to a Hamber. Should be fun carring it.

17. I agree.
    Me and BenD were gonna talk it up with the bossman at the drags last year, but there's a time and place for everything..:eek:
    Anyway, a transportation board would be cool---post either "hauling ass from X to Y" or 'need something hauled from Y to Z"
    Ben, StevieG and a bunch of other guys(me too) are always rollin' somewhere. I, for one, don't mind helping out when I can :cool:

On the other hand, another subsection would cost Ryan more $$$ and time, and it would need a moderator, etc.

Something to think about though....

18. good idea if it works out for someone..

19. michiganman061

michiganman061
    from Michigan

I practically live on here, so heck, I'd voulenteer as moderator for that section.

This folks is a really cool idea. There is many times I have room for some parts or stuff, but the thread gets buried real quick and I can't help out some dude that really needs stuff relayed.

20. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

true this is needed they get buried need separate area like cars for sale ,parts for sale

21. This could help the guys like StevieG who does this to make a bit of money. He might be waiting to go on a delivery only becouse his load isnt full, with gas prices so high it doesnt pay to make a run on half a load. he could post that he has room to a certain destination and the rest is our job. If you see he's coming through your neck of the woods, post something in the classifides and state that someone is coming through there with a haul. How many times has someone needed something that you have but shipping is so high or you dont let them know you got it cuz you think "Well they will never want to pay the high cost of shipping" and never even post that you have one you are willing to let go???? Isnt that what the hamb is all about anyway, helping each other out? How many tech threads are on hold becouse of a needed item? We all could benefit from this.

22. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

The biggest vintage tractor website www.yesterdaystractors.com has a "hauling schedule" where you can post an ad needing something hauled or wanting to haul something. It helps everyone including professional drivers or amateurs just needing help. I think it would be great on here as well.

23. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Yeah that would be cool.
    I have a trans. in Indy now,I need to get to or as close to Duncan,Ok. as possible.
    I was just gonna start a relay thread for that myself.

24. dorksrock

dorksrock

this would be great... Im all for it!!!

Jordan

25. michael037

michael037
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Might help me get my 28 p/up cab from Southern Minnesota through to Stirling or Henderson in Colorado once the snow thaws.
    Michael

26. 6inarow

6inarow

This sounds like a great way to do it.

27. YES!!!!! That would be GREAT, do it , make it happen. Thanks Bob

28. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell yeah, Im in for the Aussy side of the world.

29. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

this site kicks ass....bascially you put up what you want shipped ,your info and how much you are willing to pay...then people bid on the job. there is a rating system just like ebay.

www.uship.com

30. anyone going from elpaso area to atlanta georgia area, i have a 52 Hudson california hardtop i have to get hauled, no time frame just need it hauled. ETHER