Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bat cave princess update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tin Can, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Tin Can

Tin Can

Here is the project that I have been working on the last few months. 31 Sedan, Just got done fabing the new tube chassis (Thanks Jeff) Chopped the top 5", 4" dropped axle with 40 ford bones, and 53 Ford truck brakes. The rear is a 9" out of a 70's truck. Goals for this week are to get the body squared up and mounted to the frame and start getting the suspension put togeather.

Thanks to all of the articles here on the HAMB. They have helped me emensly with this build. I am sure there will be many questions to come.

Attached Files:

2. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Sweeeeet!...Looks great, I would really like to build a model A...I just gotta find an affordable starter. Keep us updated, looks like you are off to a great start.

3. Tin Can

Tin Can

bringin it up for the morning crowd

4. 31aBoy

31aBoy

5. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

here are a couple more pics for ya

Attached Files:

6. Tin Can

Tin Can

A little update on the sedan. Got the body mounted to the frame. Got the suspension all mounted, may need a little lift in the rear for a better rake, and got the engine and trans mounts made and it all mouted up. And my buddy shortened up the dash and we got that clamped in for a mock-up.

Attached Files:

7. Lookin good Dan, that dash looks better in there than hangin on the wall of my barn.LOL.

8. moses

moses

looking good fellas moses

9. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Sweet A. That is coming right along.

10. 27T

27T

looks good, is this the one you got the door for?

11. Tin Can

Tin Can

yea, this is the one I got the door for

12. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

13. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

another veiw

Attached Files:

14. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

pretty cool. what is the diameter of those tires (front and rear) and the amount of the Z in the front?? i'm getting ready to do a chassis for a guy and that is about how low he wants it to sit. problem is he wants a back seat for his kids too... it's already chopped 5" so you see my dilema. LOL... real nice work you did there.

15. Tin Can

Tin Can

The Z in the front is 6" I will have to measure the tire diameters. I have g78-15 in the rear and 5.50-15 in the front. Im not sure how you would get a rear seat in it and have it sit like that unless you ran the frame under the rearend and run some tubing around the rear

16. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i am concidering that actually.

17. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

kustombuilder, you want a seat like this? My 7yr old fits good but it's a little cramped for my 11yr old. PM me if you need more pics and info.....Mike

Attached Files:

18. Tin Can

Tin Can

Another update. Ive gotten the radiator mounted and got hoses on it today (not in pics) made a set of headers for it.Bought flanges, 1 u-bend, 2 cones, and a 10 ft stick of pipe. I think they turned out pretty good. Almost have all of the floor bracing in until I ran out of tubing (it may be a little over done) My sheetmetal is comming in tomorrow for the floors, and some tubing to finish bracing the rest of the floor. Sorry for the crappy pics

Attached Files:

19. Spooky

Spooky

Batcave Princess.....

I like that.

Soundz, kinda

Spooky

20. Tin Can

Tin Can

The name seems fitting. Our shop has bats. When the bats come out its time to go home

21. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

need the updated photos of the floor and stuff

22. ...Dan, I remember you tellin me about those bats in the shop when I dropped off that dash; I finally related that to the name on your A bone project about a month later. It just hit me, "Bat Cave Princess" that's why he calls it that! I never put the two together before!
    ....the A is comin along real nice.

23. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Yes, updated pics please!!

24. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Come on Keep on rocken us with up dates

25. Tin Can

Tin Can

Another update on the bat cave... A little cold latelly to work in the shop but at least the bats arent out. Finished bracing the floor and sheeted it with 20 gage. 20 because I have a lot of tubing bracing the car. I got the brake pedal in this past Saturday, and we cut and skinned a roof section for it.

Next steps are to get the gas pedal in it, put the roof on and then do the brakes. Goal is to get it runnin by the middle of Feb and then it is tear down time to do body work and paint.

Thanks for the interest guys

I also put a better pic up of the headers I made. Cant beat 70 bucks in a set of lakesters

Attached Files:

26. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Thanks for the update. Look'in good!!!

27. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

28. looks like shes coming along, building trunk floors and tubs in the shoebox too. Hit me up sometime ur driving thru waterman.

29. Tin Can

Tin Can

No pics but its alive. A few buddies, a couple pizzas and some beers and the car is running. Next step is brake lines and have it driving next weekend