Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

I've still got the 1969 Honda QA50 that my parents bought me brand-new for Christmas back when I was a kid. Runs perfect and still fires on the first kick.

2. I've been calling ridiculous, so might as well name it. Meet Ridiculous.
    [​IMG]

I think it was a Foremost or a Manco, now it's a 6.5 hp'ed, rear slicked, Zodiac seated, handlebar extended death machine.

3. Here's mine:

Attached Files:

4. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

My first minibike was a 69 red Honda Mini Trail 50. I beat the hell out of it and never quit running........ I loved that thing. I had a car in "paint jail' and had nothing to work on, so I decided to restore one. The yellow 1970 is my pit bike.

Attached Files:

5. 1952henry

1952henry

[​IMG]

Not a minibike, but a freshly finished Cushman Road King. A friend restores these for fun and profit. He has an early Simplex as well; it looks like a minibike.

6. cruisinkruty

cruisinkruty

I started at a lawnmower repair shop when I was 15, I got paid 1 dollar an hour. This disease of streetrodding and minibiking has consumed my life. I am now 50 and still have more fun with these little bikes than you can believe. God Bless the little flathead powered wonders. My site Yahoo! Groups : minibikesrfun 1 I started this site years ago on a whim"read too many drinks" I have built or rebuilt over 430 minibikes in my time.:cool: Yea you guys can do Harleys and such but man what fun I have had! Ron Cruisin Kruty

Attached Files:

7. Frank

Frank

I don't know much about the different makes of mini-bikes, but I am working on one right now and I swear I think its the same model you have. Your picture confirms what I thought about installing the clutch backwards. I've just got a 2hp B&S to put on it. I actually rode the bike a few years back before I owned it and the 2hp wasn't fast, but it scooted along just fine. On mine the seat is mounted on the frame though. I'm 6'4" and it is hard to ride so I had thought about extending the seat back and on struts like you did. Also, the last owner had some tiny front wheel which made it hard to handle. I'm planning to put a taller wheel on to stabilize it. Hadn't thought about extending the handlebars till I saw yours though.

8. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

That Chrome beast there is a JC Penny El Tigre.They came with a black 4 hp techumsie.

Had one as a kid and wished i had one now.

9. Any body remember the mini chopper trikes? I think Barris made them But Ive never seen one in person, just pictures.

10. butch27

butch27

I'd like to find an old Simplex. They were cool.

11. thebronc4019

thebronc4019
    from New Jersey

Can't afford to build another car right now so I got into vintage minibikes. Currently restoring a K&S. Also found another K&S that my son and I will restore for him. Have a Rupp Sprint in the shed that will come into the garage once these are done. I am having a blast working on these things. Don't take alot of time, money or room.

12. Searcher

Searcher

My first combustion engine powered vehicle 1966, I was 13.
    Metal shop project that Dad got involved with. I remember walking to the local upolstery shop and the guy did the seat up for a buck... in black & white Leopard skin...Oh Yeah !
    We'd ride along the railroad tracks or along the storm channels all over the SFV.
    No helmet ( I had one but didn't wear it ) or chain guard and the spark plug was right there to keep your pecker awake.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

I can't believe nobody has brought up the Kawasaki KV-75's!
    I have a 1971 Parnelli Jones edition that my dad bought me new.
    It is in near perfect condition.
    I'll get some pictures posted soon.

14. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Here's mine, a '71 Suzuki MT50 Trailhopper. For the most part, it's original - I mainly had to take it apart, clean everything up and put it back together. The orange paint on the bodywork is original with a few chips and scrapes, and I did have to repaint the rims.

Attached Files:

15. ls7gto

ls7gto

ive had my dandy since high school.if you nsaid pocket bike back then people just looked at you stupid. mine was originaly yellow with rz350 style stripes, now is gold flake with purple scallops. miss me old mtd mini bike though. doug

16. Mark

Mark
    from CT

Can anybody ID this old mini bike. i just picked it up today! looks way cool. the back of the seat says Mesinger. Thats the only thing i see on it. I'm guessing its a factory built not a homemade job.

I may be 35 but i cant wait to rip around the neighborhood on this thing! The wife didnt seem too excited.

Attached Files:

17. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Mesinger was (or maybe still is) a seat manufacturer, so that's probably just their brand name for the seat itself.

18. rev106

rev106

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>
    <embed src="<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nEHnBdPeuKs&rel=1&border=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/nEHnBdPeuKs&amprel=1&ampborder=0[/URL]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT></P>
    Yes we do, check the mini moto challenge for 2008

19. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Bonanza mini chopper.

20. rev106

rev106

21. Frank

Frank

Can someone explain to me these tire sizes that are typical? My front tire says its a 4-10/3.50 4. What the heck does that mean? I'd like to go with a taller tire for the rim if they make such a thing. This tiny wheel is hard to control and some what wobbly.

22. easyrider47

easyrider47

Anybody remember the old "Tote Gotes" from the 60's. They advertised them for bringin in your deer outta the field. Geared like a Rommel Tank. I think it would climb a tree if you could stay on it. I have one in great condition, just missing the seat and motor.

23. Tig Welder

Tig Welder
    from Eastern Wa

Glad I checked out this thread, apparently I have a Taco 44(?), I'll have to get it closer to the computer to try and properly ID it. Got it from a guy at work, who was going to make a chopper out of it, I talked him out of it, saying something that classic should be put back the way it was. I have a vintage 5hp Briggs for it.

24. Searcher

Searcher

Remember both , The Tote goat & Taco's

25. rev106

rev106

Try this site: www.azusaeng.com

26. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Actually it's a Powerdyne...very close to a Bonanza though. There were several that had that look including the choppers built by Sensation, Ruttman, Manco, Fox, Comette, and some others.

27. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

4" wheel? May want to switch to 5" or 6"

Got a pic of your bike?

I'm an Azuza dealer if you need anything.

28. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Here's the George Barris chopper:

http://www.minidoodle.com/id327.htm

29. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM