Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can you believe the neighbors called me in for this!...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustahaulic, Nov 19, 2007.

1. OK, so I live in the county where I live(Paducah, KY:( ...not the city...so imagine my surprise:eek: when I got a visit today from a county inspector...I mean there are some of the most hidious eye soars around me Ive ever seen..I was pissed...:mad:
    The guy was cool and after seeing how my inside space was filled (and seeing as he is a bit of a gearhead himself):D ...he said the call was unwarrented and bid me a good day...:cool:
    Does this look like "Trash and abandoned"
    Uuhhh NO!
    [​IMG]

2. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

the only piece of trash around your place is the a**hole who call the county inspector......... nice jolopy [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. i guees ya'll awright cuz ya spelt paduca rite ..

some time the city just needs to see your on the up and up ..
    did ya get the ok in writing and get the guys name and badge no.?
    your being checked out has to be on file these guys must make a full report for their time spent checkin ya out... best o luck and it sure look like you have things under control .. no weeds no hazards

4. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

And since you will have to paint that body eventually, maybe you could throw on a temporary coat of day-glo orange so it will look nicer to your neighbor...turn the other cheek and all that.

6. dbradley

dbradley

Looks terrible to me, you need to box that stuff up and ship it to me! Oh, that won't work either as I can't have non-ops anywhere either............ I'm also in "the county" but our "addition" (put nose in air here) has RULES....... I guess rules have a place, but your setup looks fine to me :)

7. Eh, all you can do is talk around and try and figure out who the complainer is and see if they have any violaions you can report... sit down with the town code book if you have to. The neighbor who complained about something of mine last had a sag in his pool fence that the town told him to fix not long after..

8. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Got any more pics of the Merc?

9. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Maybe your neighbor is UPSET that you have the chassis listed on eBay :rolleyes:

10. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Ditto to what rustynewyorker said. That's the best suggestion I can think of. Always nice to "return the favor" when somebody decides your project vehicles are trash.

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

had that same issue last summer with the a-hole that lives behind me. there is a farm across the street with a field FULL of rusted old equipment and trucks and they did'nt call on them. just me. all i had was two cars parked neatly in the back yard, behind a 6' fence. all i had to do was cover them and i met the county's requirements.

12. noboD

noboD

Sorry, I wouldn't do what rustynewyorker said. That tornado went through our township about 3 years ago. Nobody knew who started it but everyone turned in someone they hated or suspected. It was ugly. I'd find another way to return the favor, privately.

13. Scrap Heap

Scrap Heap

A sign of the times. A neighbor used to knock on your door and ask what your plans were for the car in the yard. Now they are to chickenshit and lazy to ask directly and hide behind code enforcement. I had my car up on jackstands in the driveway for a weekend and someone called it in to code enforcement. I found the notice on my car when I returned from ordering parts for it. Even the code people waited till I was around the corner to leave their citation.

14. Yeah, you need to be really sure of who you're turning in. Both times I had that trouble, it was easy to figure out who it was - one based on what the notice from the town said, the other I found out from a neighbor and he'd been trouble before. With him I just put plates on the cars in question and left them there for his enjoyment.

15. duwty

duwty

if you run and rat ass to the law like your neighbor your really no better than he is
    dont stoop to his level
    just get him back in some other way not involving anyone but you and him
    pointing fingers never works

16. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

i had this problem with a neighror of my moms ,i had a running 51 chevy that i kept in her back yard behind her fence ,it even had a car cover on it this neighbor called the town ,inspector showed up,and saw the car,i explained i was in the process of gettin it registered ,he was cool with that,and left,3 days later he is back, neighbor is callin his office demanding he do some thing , the inspector shows up again while he is there the neighbor comes overand starts rantin n raving about it and tells the inspector that he pays his wages , needless to say i moved the car to a garage -- the inspector did his job real good that day ,the neighbor had to remove his fishing boat off town property ,and had to take down a fence that was to hihg that he put up with out a permit ,3 months later police were called to remove him from his home for assualting his wife ---- justice served-- what an asshole -,lolol-

17. Sounds like the makings of a country song. Oops, it is a country song. Montgomery Gentry have a new one out.

MONTGOMERY GENTRY
    What Do Ya Think About That

I heard it through the grapevine
    My new neighbor don't like my big red barn
    A '47 Ford, bullet holes in the door
    Broke down motor in the front yard
    I got half a mind to paint a plywood sign
    And nail it up on a notty pine tree
    Saying I was here first
    This is my piece of dirt
    And your rambling don't rattle me

Some people care about what other people think
    Worry about what they say
    Let a little gossip
    Coming from a loose lip ruin a perfect day
    Say, blah, blah, blah, just a jacking their jaws
    Got a letta roll off-a my back
    I don't give a dern what other people think
    What do ya think about that

18. Ha! I knew ya'll wouldn't let the Merc slip by...some of ya already x-rayed the Vicky in the garage as well I'm sure...

My camera battery is flatlined or I'd post some...
    It's a real beautiful car...I'm gettin ready to bag it for a friend of mine that I just sold it to and then it's moving to California...sure wish I was...

19. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I like the way this guy thinks (privately) makes a good statement

20. what a pile of junk.

if you need someone to haul it away for you....

21. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Pile of crap, I'll take the Merc if you need help getting rid of stuff.
    We get to have more stuff in our driveways/backyards here in L.A. without beeing hassled.
    Don't let it, get you down.

22. Thanks for the offer to haul it off.... the city guy mentioned if I wanted it hauled off he'd be glad to make a call to...now thats public service huh!

23. john56h

john56h

I work as a construction inspector for a municipality. When necessary, I fill in for the code enforcement officer too.

One day, I got a call from a woman that wanted to complain about her neighbor's yard being an "eyesore". She explained how she's trying to sell her house and nobody wants it because of the mess next door.

So, I go check it out. Amazing how the complainer could look right past the crumbling car port on her own house (a clear property maintenance code violation) and just see the stuff in the neighbor's yard that actually didn't violate any specific codes.

I ignored her calls as long as possible, then finally she demanded that I write her neighbor a violation. I siad to her "once my violation book comes out, you'll be getting one too". Obviously, she was none too happy about that comment. She asked what code she was in violation of, so I explained about her carport.

She says to me "that carport is fine structurally...I'll have my carpenter write a note verifying that to you". To which I replied "unless your carpenter is a licensed engineer or architect...don't bother. And by the way, even if it is structurally sound...the peeling paint and missing shingles is still a violation. When would you like me to come back out and write those violations?"

I've never heard from her again.

24. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

my uncle is having the same problems with his place.a there is a lot of junk but if they were to see whats i his barn they wouldn't think so. a 38 willy's coupe a 59 impala,two 57 chevys, a 55 chevy, a couple mopars ,novas and few more somewhere in between

25. A neighbor of mine had that same problem about a nice looking ElCamino he used strictly as a race car. unlicensed. custom paint.
    Another NEW neighbor would start fussing out loud, and then complained to the city every time he worked on the car, or parked it in the front yard, and complained about eyesore when parts and tools were brought outside during race season.
    The friend with the Camino decided his garage looked a little too plain. He made sure to decorate the side of his garage facing the problem neighbor with a few hanging hubcaps and air cleaners to make it look nicer. Since some of the high priced houses a few blocks away in the higher price neighborhoods often used accent lights to enhance the looks of their houses at night, my friend did the same to make his look better too. The air cleaner decorations and hanging hubcaps were tastefully accented for the night time atmosphere.
    The problem neighbor built a fence and made sure his lawnmower clippings somehow went thru or under the fence.
    My friend pointed out to the city that the fence didn't meet city code, so the problem neighbor had to take down part of the fence and redo it at the correct height so as not to be a traffic hazard.
    The storming neighbor showed up at a City Council meeting to really make a fuss about the guy with the race car. It made the papers, and the hubcaps stayed up.

The troublesome one eventually moved.

26. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

How in the world did we ever get to this state where we can't have what we want on our own property? We've let the liberals take our freedoms away in the name of the so called public. I think it's time we take it all back!

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I had a couple of firetrucks show up at my place yesterday after a neighbor called them. Been burning leaves at my place for 17 years and never had an issue till yesterday. Thankfully the firefighters were friendly and outgoing.....and understanding after looking at all my leaves. Told me I had to put it out and watched while I got the hose out and did so. I did not receive the $500 ticket for burning leaves. The kids in the neighborhood did get a thrill checking out the trucks. I really think it was neighbors on the next street over as I get along great with the ones on my street and they were all making comments to me that they love the smell and would have never called. Oh well, life's too short to worry about the small stuff.

28. Dirty2

Dirty2

Looks bad to me I'll come pick it up for ya !!!

29. i am surprised that some folk get out from the boobbtubes lite long enuf to complain about the " junked up view" geez its America ain't it..

some clandestine operations are way more evil than a few cars trying to be put back together....

30. Beverly

Beverly
    from Boise, ID

And clearly, you don't know what you're doing since there's a BEAUTIFUL shiny thing sitting right behind the project. Yep, looks like trash to me. Maybe you can return the favor by helping them find a place to keep their Dodge Grand Caravan Disney Edition. I'd bet even money it fits nicely up their ass. :rolleyes: