Register now to get rid of these ads!

'36 Chevy Wheels on my '54

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Westside Lefty, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

Any ideas on how to pull it off. I will not run billet adapters. I know they're 6 lug. Any help is always appreciated.

2. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

Ummmmm.......maybe Redrill The Hubs And Axles ??

3. squirrel

squirrel

put 51-59 truck hubs and drums on the front, put a truck rearend in the back

or redrill the axles in the back if there's enough meat on them, but I doubt it.

4. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

Will the 51-59 truck hubs and drums mate right up? I can turn a wrench but my fabricating skills leave alot to be desired.

5. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

I doubt it also since I'm running an S10 rear end. Any other ideas?

6. Speedy Bill [Speedway motors] does sthe machine work to mount 54 chevy car front hubs on 50s chevy pickup spindles [just backward from what you're doing] so I know there's some machine work to be done but I have no idea what it is.
    Also, if they're made like early ford wire wheels, check to see if the 6 lug wheels will bolt-up to the 50s hub/drums. Fords have an extra lip that causes mounting problems, even though they're the same bolt pattern..

7. squirrel

squirrel

no machine work required to interchange 51-54 car and 51-59 truck hubs/drums. Take off the old ones, put on the new ones (pack the bearings and change the seals and maybe turn the drums if they need it, of course)

8. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

Squirrel...I....don't know how to say this.....I love you.

9. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

awww thats cute :p

10. Kurt

Kurt

will those old spoke wheels handle the extra weight and power of a much bigger car?

11. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

Short answer is yes. I've seen it done

12. Wasahawaiianrat

Wasahawaiianrat

i looked into doing this on my 54 too, i would just use wheel adapters in the rear for the s-10 rearend, they make non billet adapters....im SUPER curious to see what these would look like, could never find someone who did them on a 54 or even a photoshop version. do you have any pics?

13. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have a set of two and a set of four 6 lug wire wheels, thats two different tire sizes, will sell