Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Chrysler Pedal Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wildcat Garage, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Wildcat Garage

Wildcat Garage
    from Marion,NC

Does anyone collect pedal cars? Here is a photo of one car that I have had for 25 plus years.Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Wow, that is a big-buck pedal car!
    I just have a few bodies and a couple complete but unrestored cars.
    34 Plymouth Roadster, 41 Chrysler, weird 3-wheel lever steering thing with a Pontiac nose and a Tbird tail, Roy Rogers "Nellybelle" Jeep, an early 50s Chevy.

3. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I am not allowed to buy one till we have a kid. Once I do, my kid will have the coolest stroller around.

4. sololobo

sololobo

5. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I collect em. Send that one to me please. I will be happy to give it a warm caring home at the Strange Days Garage.

Attached Files:

6. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Didn't "Waldo" the rich kid on the little rascals have one of those?
    FRITZ

7. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

From the photo, that one looks like an American National.
    A good piece for any collection!

Swankey Devils C.C.

8. chopdtop

chopdtop

That is a cool pedal car. Reminds me of the ones in that Scott Baio movie (Bugsy Malone) where they all drove pedal cars.

Not to hijack the thread, but a friend of mine wanted to give her grandson a unique gift that nobody else would have. I told her that with the Internet these days the only way to have something unique is either get something old and very hard to find or make something yourself. They had already bought him a bunch of CAT die cast toys so we ran with that theme for a little wagon. If we would have found a pedal car before the time she wanted to give the gift we would have done a custom pedal car for her grandson instead.

Then we made a Harley inspired wagon because someone that saw her CAT wagon said they wanted a Harley wagon. Suddenly they don't have the money for it so it's mine for now. I knew I should have went with my gut when it said get payment up front!

Attached Files:

9. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Anybody have pics of the Chitty,Chitty, bang,bang pedal car?
    I had one as a kid....Roach.

10. chopdtop

chopdtop

This one apperantly isn't an original one. This guy scratch built it! I'd love to have this one.

Attached Files:

11. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I sure wish someone could identify what this is. It has a cast iron steering wheel with a spark advance lever. The front wheels are original. The rear artillery wheels were of a wagon. The headlights and hood ornament are original too, I believe. My fat ass broke the chassis back in the 50s. Yes I could fit in it at one time.:D My dad used 2 pieces of 3/4" plywood to keep it on the sidewalk.

I've been going to Hershey for 30 years and never seen one exactly like it.

12. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Yep, that brings back the memores! I dont think mine was as detailed as that one! but I wouldnt complain eather.....Roach.

13. jrcnova

jrcnova

14. Wildcat Garage

Wildcat Garage
    from Marion,NC

It is good to see the interest in the pedal cars.They are a neat addition for any gearhead.I sold Bill Smith a pedal car ....1937 Ford Woody... in the late eighties at a local show...His wife was attending summer school at a local university.Here is a couple of other cars that I have....the blue roadster I built for my grand daughters and they played with it for years...I hope you enjoy the photos....Thanks!

Attached Files:

15. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Tommy,
    My w.a.g. says this is a product of the Toledo Metal Wheel Company.
    I'm basing my guess on the shape of the cowl, the lights and the
    wheels. it could have been a roadster or fire engine from about 1924.
    I really like seein' well worn toys, as I cant help but think of the fun
    someone once had with them.

Swankey Devils C.C.

16. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

It was a roadster with a simple low curve for the seat back. I had a blast with this one when I was a kid. I've kept it with plans to restore it but the big car projects keep getting in the way.:D

17. alchemy

alchemy

Better start building now. As said above, the "big" car projects get in the way. I had a Garton "Hot Rod" project since before my daughter was born. Then figured she could drive it when she was two. She's eleven now and the pedal car is still in a hundred pieces.

Now I tell her the '40 coupe (full size) in back is gonna be hers. Better get started on that right away.

18. NCAndres

NCAndres
    from Arizona

Those are fantastic pedal cars. I have a few. My favorite are American National cars from 1924-1929. I believe that your green Chrysler is a Gendron not an American National as the previous poster suggested. Do you have any other pedal cars?

19. noboD

noboD

A friend's Dad owned a small Chevy dealership, so he had a new '54 Corvette pedal car as a kid. He remembers the Garbage man taking it with the rest of the trash from the curb when he outgrew it!!

20. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

21. Chitty Mad

Chitty Mad
    from Suffolk

22. antney

antney
    from Oklahoma

I have a chitty pedal car on Ebay for sale right now. Take a look, thanks....

Attached Files:

23. antney

antney
    from Oklahoma