Register now to get rid of these ads!

turkey rod run whos going

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roosters hot rods, Nov 2, 2007.

1. hotroddaddy

hotroddaddy
    from jax, fla

Looks like saturday for me, ill be in the greasepit parking.

2. Antibilly

Antibilly

www.southerngreasepit.com is hosting 60 spots this year. We sold out about 3 months ago. If Greg got the same spot for the HAMB parking we are just down the block. Space 87. This year will be the first ever SGP TRR 07 club parking awards. stop by and grab a pen and place a vote for your pick in the SGP parking area.
    best hot rod
    best custom
    hard luck
    club participation
    longest haul
    People choice.

Only the cars in the SGP parking are eligible for entry!
    Awards awarded Saturday afternoon

oh yea save the first 10 spots closest to the fence for the DLCC

3. Yaril

Yaril

sounds great antibilly, i will be parking with Greg on the HAMB parking with all my friends from the Miami area.

on another note, what will be going on at night this year? ANewBeat suggested a small "traditional only" get together on Friday or Saturday night. any possibilities?

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

sounds like we are going to have some fun...the clock is ticking away........almost time for the journey to the other side of the state...rooster

5. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

So where is this Southern grease pit and HAMB parking? I plan to stop by both and say hello.
    And what is up with Belair Plaza? Where is everyone going to go?

6. upzndownz

upzndownz

as far as belairplaza earlier in the week they had big signs up all over the plaza basically saying rodders stay out but after about 3days they've now taken the signs down so????

7. Skirv

Skirv

If you see these three cars parked together, feel free to stop by and introduce yourself and say hi. It's me (coupe) my dad (Pontiac), and brother (Vette).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

hey bill thats a sweet looking 3 window you have there...:D .dave

9. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Here is what Gregg sent out with the parking passes, if I can get it to post:

10. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Got it, thanks! I'll call you when we get down around there!

11. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

SHIT YEAH!
    Do I sound excited enough? It's been a few years since I've been there. I'm really looking forward to going back. If you see a fat guy with a HAMB shirt, kick him in the ass!:D No hot rod this time but plenty of enthusiasm.

12. IGOR

IGOR

I'll be there Thursday thru Sunday. Takin' the paint. Anyone need some stripin' done?

13. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Tommy, Keep an eye out for me n my red 51 F1. Ill be over with the SGP gang

14. chazzin

chazzin
    from butler,ga

i'll be there in my truck and my dad will be there with his t-bird, i'll try and findthe greasepit/ hamb parking, i will also be striping if anyone wants anything

15. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I'll be there on Sunday.

16. Irondon

Irondon
    from FLORIDA

I'll be there Friday all day. Hopefully, next year my car will be driveable.:rolleyes: This year the swap meet is where it's at.

17. the-rodster

the-rodster

I'm going dammit!

I'm like Tommy, I've missed it for several years, but I will be there this year.

I may or may not be driving Buckshot, but I will be there.

Rich

18. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I will be there on saturday and sunday too.
    No cars...couldn't fit them in the carry-on compartment.
    Give a yell if you see a tall ..white haired ..skinny guy with a hamb shirt running around with a sunburn.
    I have always wanted to make this show...cant wait!

19. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

I wll be there of course been trying to finish my RPU.Not gonna have it 100% but am bringing it out on a trailer.( Promise this is only time it will arrive at a show on a trailer.)I havent paid to much attention to this or any other threads latley(Working).Has anyone set up a meet and greet?If not someone pick a time GREGG

20. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

I will be there Thurs, Fri and Sat. Looks like the 50 ford won't be all together on time so I will have to be there with out a car. I will be there with my dad and his 63 1/2 427 ford. Can't wait !! The wife and I will stop by the SGP and HAMB parking.

Oh ya my dad said there are still cars at laplya (SP) parking lot.

21. Tony Daytona

Tony Daytona

This year is all about the southerngreasepit parking!!!

22. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Oh......I'll be going fri. & sat.

Paco

23. Fat guy in a HAMB shirt,yeah that'll work!LMAO:D

24. Ozzie

Ozzie

Hey there folks, The show was great although I kind of ran thru it. Flew in Wed am, worked on the 50 Ford all day wed and part of Thurs. Drove out Friday about 2pm, and at 62mph max @3000 rpm with the curent gear ratio, it took forever to get there. Was gonna go to Outback for dinner with the girl but it was packed, drove it into the gates 7 am on Saturday, popped he hood and walked one side of the swap meet. Bought a few things to add to the shoebox and headed out by 1pm, Had to drive back before it was too dark being that tere was some short wih my taillights. Brakes worked and so did hazards and turn signals. Whe I got back I figured it was a short in the drivers side tail lamp socket. (will replace when I get back to Miami.)

To my surprise when I was leaving the Long beach airport parking I see a sign that said "swap meet parking", I turned in and ended up in the Long beach Swap meet!!!, bought a few things and am looking forward to next weeks Pomona!!.
    Where do all the South Florida car clubs meet? Would love to swing by when I'm back in town.