Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yblock292, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Have not seen in it in AZ as of yet.

2. Yes, PRICY (just got mine). I'm not sure I'll pay it beyond issue number one unless it doubles in size and they bust out some more archival photos. I bought it 'cause it was there. But, not worth the $7 for sure. But, then again, a lot of these type magazines are overpriced IMO. Was OK when there were just a couple of them. But, they're all over now.

3. Muttley

Muttley

This and the new Rodders Journal are still M.I.A. in the Frestucky area. :mad: :mad:

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

We are left out on everything.

5. I JUST got my TRJ today, if that helps you at all.

6. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Atleast you live a state known for hot rodding. Try living in Georgia... :p

7. Got the HRDeluxe today, I like it, hope it floats this time.
    Still lookin for Rodders Journal tho....

8. sledish

sledish

Found mine at a 7-11 in Salinas. Ca. only one left.

9. seatex

seatex

Got mine in the Austin Airport (?) yesterday. Lots of history at Hot Rod, for sure, and I'm sure Wally Parks has his issue up at the big Salt Flat in the sky.
    I think it's a great thing that the evolution (back)
    to the roots of hotrodding is getting the attention of the main stream publications.
    Say what you want about the "billet boys" building rat, or any of that other shit, truth is, none of us "invented hotrodding", but we are all trying to enjoy it in our own way>
    besides, who could blame a guy for building a traditional rod, when he see's people walk right past his $50,000 dollar trailer queen to gawk and drool over the guy pulling into the show in his trad roller?

10. huero

huero

$7? I looked through it and put it back.
    For $9 you can get 12 issues of hot rod
    and for $5 you can get a hand job on Figueroa in downtown L.A.
    I have an extra $7 in my pocket. :)

11. seatex

seatex

Damn, can you give me directions to Figueroa?

12. Ebert

Ebert

What a bunch of cheap bastards!!! We finally get a quality mag with some awesome stuff that we rarely get to see and without the cheesy biotches with the cheesy poses and bullshit and you guys are bitchin?

This thing will only get better...give it a chance!!! You can have some cool stuff that we like to see and get educated on all for the price of three bottles of water and you can't stand it? I would love to know how many of you naysayers bitched about Rodders Journal when it came out!!!!

Bitch, bitch, bitch.....I am buying it and appreciating shit that I did not know about.

It never ceases to amaze me how some guys here are always griping about NEW ways to get more info on our hobby!!!

Ebert

13. huero

huero

Wow! I thought we had the right to chose how we spend our $.
    Just because some of use did not buy the mag does not mean we are bitching. Take it easy. Some of us like getting our dose in other ways. Like going to shows and talking to people. The So Cal crowd always has a show year round. With all the advertising $$ the magazines recieve I don't see how they can justify a $7 price. That's just me though.
    P.S. I think bottled water is overpriced too.;)

14. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Muttley-I saw some at, of all places, Snappy Foods mini-mart out at Herndon/Tollhouse. I was running in to grab something and just happened to see it on the stand. Didn't know what it was at the time and didn't even have time to look at it. To be honest, When I saw a Betty on the cover, I figured it was just another one of "thoze" mags. Guess I'll have to check one out.

Don't I owe you some scratch?

15. Ebert

Ebert

Huero,
    I am not on any rant...just feel that way too many folks have not spent enough time learning about our hobby's past which this mag seems to be trying to do. How many guys (and gals) do you know that really do not have an understanding of "what was and why"?

I spend alot of time at a bunch of events across the country each year (part of my job) and I remain AMAZED at the number of people who want to "look the part" but do not "walk the walk" as it relates to the history of our deal.

BTW, I agree on the water deal!!!!

Best,
    Ebert

16. huero

huero

All good Ebert.:)

17. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

HOT ROD DELUXE IS GREAT!!!! im totaly stoked and even am going to write them to tell them good job... perhaps send in pic! when im further along that is.

18. Da Injun

Da Injun

I saw a whole stack of em' today at Krogers. I like it, a bit steep on price, and a little thin, but I will stick with it. I hope they continue.

19. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hey Muttley if you go to Snappy grab me one.

20. Muttley

Muttley

Cool deal, is that the old Johnny Quick?

Sort of.........I still need to bring you the decals. :eek:

OK

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I like it, fuck the price, quality costs money.

22. SHRUM

SHRUM

Got mine yesterday at Quicktrip,I liked it. Anything with Old pictures is good.

23. RUDOG

RUDOG

This must be the Halloween issue? the newer just taken pictures are too Dark. You can barely see Skratch's car. In the wheels and tires article you can barely see the tread on the tires if you wanted to buy them for future cars. But maybe with the extra $1 they are making? they will buy a light bulb for brighter future foto shoots? the articles are good. The Flathead directory is good to have...all in all, Hot Rod Deluxe has my subscription. Welcome Back HRD!!

24. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

25. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

i just picked up my copy tonight and i think its a great mag. i will gladly pay the extra $1 especially after examining my other options on the same stand.

26. Even if Rod and Kulture was double the price,it would still be at the top of my purchase list.When can we expect the next one?Patiently waiting.Oh and i expect to pay more than stateside,but RJ $12.95 US,$19.95 CDN has been the same when our $ was $.60 US as now when are $ is worth more than US.

27. Strange,it doesn't show up at all on the thread,but if i look up your posts from your profile,there it is! Good looking cover too.:eek:

28. skratch

skratch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

car at S.E.M.A.

29. I just bought the new Rodders Journal (#38) and the price went up from $12.95 U.S. to $14.95 U.S. Still my favorite mag but damn!

30. zombie

zombie

the winter issue hits the stands dec. 6th. then we are going bimonthly in june.

zombie