Register now to get rid of these ads!

name this car and rims from paso

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by litemupok, Nov 5, 2007.

1. litemupok

litemupok

I found this car while searching the carnut site. It is in the Paso folder and I'm curious to know about the rims. Since Paso is obviously one of the largest shows of the year, I'm assuming one or 2 people will have seen it in person.

I do not necessarily condone this size of rear wheel as I think it looks out of proportion, but knowing more about it would allow me to be more knowledgeable and better equipped to make a sizing decision when it comes time to chose wheels for my sedan.

So....any ideas?

http://www.carnut.com/cgi-bin/07/_image.pl?/show/07/paso/paso004.jpg

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

this one? Dodge Ram pickup spare tires on the back (20") and probably dakota spares in the front.(17")....

[​IMG]

3. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

The fronts are spares from a new 300. The guy who built it owns PMA up by Flint, Mi....His names Paul....

4. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

05 and up Dakota spares are 17's but they are full size not mini's.

So yeah, 300, Charger or Magnum.

5. litemupok

litemupok

so the general consensus of this ride is that the wheels...........what....?

6. Muttley

Muttley

There was about 1000 cars at Paso and you want info on that piece of crap?

7. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I agree.

8. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I second that !

9. 3rds! haha

10. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I will 4th, 5th, & 6th that.

WTF are people thinking any more :confused:

11. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

:confused: .........I LIKE IT?..................:confused:

12. kopis

kopis

Hahaha. NICE!

13. photofink

photofink

Was that the one burning out all over the place on Sunday afternoon?
    I like the visor and uhhh... the door handle

14. I've never seen the car in person, but may I ask why it is a piece of crap? I'm only going by the one pic, but I kinda dig it. Is it the fact that it lays on the ground that makes it shit, or is it a poorly built ride?

15. photofink

photofink

I think a lot of people will like that car nowdays.
    I guess its a young guy thing or something.
    If you admired/owned hot rods for more than 15 or 20+ years, you will hate this car. If you started getting into hot rods after the late 90's you will probably like it, unless you are a kid with that special gene that draws you to old stuff and history.

16. I don't wanna make it an argument, as most of these kinda posts tend to do, I just was wondering what the reason for it's general crappiness is. I know there's a ton of unsafe "rat rods" out there and I'm curious if this is one of them. I have a huge appreciation for a lot of different styles. I really am into old iron, but I grew up on minitrucks and lowriders. I guess that's why the slammed stance appeals to me. I just can't get stuck on one mentatlity, you now? like I really love a super traditional rod, built right, with the right parts and everything, but at the same time I like radical rides, things that really stick out. In my perfect world I would own a bodydropped S-10 on 22's, a '64 convertible Impala with 13" wires and 4 pumps, a chopped '53 chevy, a traditional '32 ford, plus a whole bunch of bikes (crotch rockets, choppers, bobbers, tail draggers, etc). That's why I always have so many projects going, I just can't stay stuck to one way of thinking.

17. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

WELL SAID, I THINK YOU MAY BE MY OTHER BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER

18. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

IMO,,,,, The reason alot of the "older" hotrodder guys hate these is the same reason the "street" rodders (chainer's?) hate trad rods/rats (although "street" rods have been around since late 50's).....it's stealing attention from their own ride.........

Many of these super low, "hotrods" are actually very well built with great details,,,,not my cup o' tea....but I applaud the creativity of the builder...

19. hemi

hemi

Barf. It looks broken.

20. Dirk35

Dirk35

Notice two of the three cars in the picture violate the scrub line issue? It will be a wild ride with a front tire blow-out depending on what part digs into the pavement 1st.

I like the looks though. Cool looking for sure. Even if it has bags to bring it up, I still wouldnt do it in case a bag was to pop.

21. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i started getting into hot rods in 2000, 2001. and i HATE it.

it's not a car. it's a cartoon.

22. photofink

photofink

"I don't wanna make it an argument, as most of these kinda posts tend to do, I just was wondering what the reason for it's general crappiness is. I know there's a ton of unsafe "rat rods" out there and I'm curious if this is one of them. I have a huge appreciation for a lot of different styles. I really am into old iron, but I grew up on minitrucks and lowriders. I guess that's why the slammed stance appeals to me. I just can't get stuck on one mentatlity, you now? like I really love a super traditional rod, built right, with the right parts and everything, but at the same time I like radical rides, things that really stick out. In my perfect world I would own a bodydropped S-10 on 22's, a '64 convertible Impala with 13" wires and 4 pumps, a chopped '53 chevy, a traditional '32 ford, plus a whole bunch of bikes (crotch rockets, choppers, bobbers, tail draggers, etc). That's why I always have so many projects going, I just can't stay stuck to one way of thinking."

We have all heard it on here many times 'to each his own'
    and I agree with that, but this is a traditional forum.
    If you posted pics of a traditional rod on other websites that catered to "13inch wires and 4 pumps" you would get the same negative response. It has been well noted that most people that are a part of this forum dont like that kind of rod, so when someone posts something like that...

23. 66cadillac

66cadillac
    from So. Cal

why do you guys wait for one to say it sucks and then dive right in? fag move if you ask me. this website has a bunch of fakes and sheeps. i see a bunch of downgrading on the car without and explanation why, not the first time. its a never ending story, if its not a 32 that looks like it just came out of an assembly line it is shit.

24. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I agree with ya there.....it's getting REALLY OLD when people reply with "it's your car, build it anyway you like".....

I come here to get tech and see how cars were built back in the '30's, 40's, '50's and early 60's ...... many of these new hotrods don't fit the bill......:rolleyes:

25. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

i puke every time i see it...................................should be thrown off a cliff..

26. photofink

photofink

Yes exactly. It is the only place on the web that has that kind of info.
    Everytime I try to Google anything obscure about hot rods or customs it leads me here.

27. Slide

Slide

I think they are trying to get the entire car below the roof line.

When I was in art school, I frequently heard professors ask my classates WHY they painted/sculpted what they did. (Like a painting of a bunch of flying penises... really.) Frequently the response was, "to shock people". Prof's response was always along the lines of: OK. I'm shocked. Now what? Am I a better person from this? Have I been made aware of a social injustice? Shock for the sake of shock is immature and a waste of time. Shock value is fine, but do something with it.

IMO, a similar thing is going on here. I see a lot of cars built "for shock's sake". Modifying old cars typically revolves around making them perform better or look better. The "looking better" part is certainly in the eye of the beholder, and we all have our own influences that have guided us to our sense of beauty & design.

I guess my problem with a lot of these "shock factor" cars is that things are changed for the sake of change. Different doesn't make it better. Just different.

As for the car in question, I despise that aesthetic. It looks broken. But it's not my car. I do question the safety factor if he had a blowout (of a tire or an airbag). Fine if that's a risk the builder/driver wants to take, but if it happens next to another car that has my wife & kids in it, you better believe I'm gonna take issue with that.

28. Slide

Slide

Because I read slow... and type even slower.

And I don't stay on the HAMB waiting to be the first in line to reply to every post.

29. Opinions are like asshole's, everyone's got one.

Thats my friend Jeff's car.

30. photofink

photofink

Maybe soon we will see rods with flying penises painted on them