Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 57-60 ford truck pics????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luckystiff, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Here is my 57 project. Put a 302 auto in it last month and don't have time to work on it. Wanted to drop it and just run it in the rough. lol I put it up for sale last week. :(

Attached Files:

2. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

yup. mine did, too. complete half turn of the wheel with no action on the box. yeah...real blast to drive bouncin from left to right!

i cant find the post but a guy on the HAMB rebuilds the boxes cheap. hes in TX somewhere...look around. completely rebuilt boxes are outrageously expensive. or...buy a rebuild kit yourself ($200+). OR...do the toyota swap:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/...ta_Steering_Box_Swap_For_19481960_Trucks.html

i lucked out and pulled a good box from another F100. hang on to your box whatever you decide...lotta people want 'em for real hotrods.

3. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

4. surfer1316

surfer1316

HAHA I was just about to post a pic of ur truck, something about it, I think it's that color

5. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

[​IMG] This truck belongs to a friend. I did most of the work on it....PAUL

6. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

carguy i only see a red x. I wanta see the truck.

7. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

8. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

9. shortyforty

shortyforty
    from NH

Here's our 59 in all its glory $40 paint job, can't see the bug and leaf imprints in the picture, but looked good going down the road. Right now the 6 banger has a dead valve, waitin for the 302 to get finished.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  10. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

11. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Got mine back in the shop, last month, for a further re-do. They're handy in holding future projects, while being re-worked. Friends have been trying to talk me into the fleetside, but dig the fenders too much, especially once the bed'll get lowered and the fenders hug the wheels...
    [​IMG]<br/>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  12. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

Hey cruz, What rear are you running in yours? I am looking for a rear for my 59 and do not know what fits....

Thanks
    Larry

13. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

For the people who have moved their tanks from the cab. What did you use and where did you put it? I am in the middle of debating where to put mine and have bene looking for options.

Thanks
    Larry

14. brewsir

brewsir

65 or 66 mustang tank fits really nice...just had to trim a little off the insides of the frame rails and flatten the top of the rails so it would sit flush...then I used exhaust tubing to run the filler over to the stakepocket area and finished it off with a flush mount boat fuel filler.

15. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

[For the people who have moved their tanks from the cab. What did you use and where did you put it? I am in the middle of debating where to put mine and have bene looking for options.]

Not the most original idea, but I snagged an old retired keg from local Mad River Brewery, 15 1/2 gallons, gonna have it in the bed, make room in the cab for a '65 Tbird back seat. Lookin for keg/tank strap ideas.

16. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

had the stock 9" for most of the work, but since i was droppin an SBC in and runnin a smaller bolt pattern all around...i dropped a 10 bolt from a camaro in the rear. fit almost perfectly (55" backing plate-to-backing plate if i remember).

17. To simplify things, I'm going to move the tank under the bed, but leave the filler in the cab. Just extend the filler pipe out the bottom of the cab to the tank. I hate to cut new holes in a pristeen panel, and putting the filler in the bed floor just seems dumb.

18. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

I wouldn't get rid of the 9 inch. Tough and too easy to swap gears.

19. sociallydistorted

sociallydistorted

Thanks. I love the color too. Thats the main thing that caught my attention when I found it. I'm actually about to get rid of the ol' pick-up though. Found something I like a little better. I'm sure eventually I'll come back to the F100's though.

20. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

conventional wisdom would say so...agreed, DragginWagon.

a close friend who really helped me out a lot got it in exchange for the 10 bolt. its good to know it'll be used properly in his '30-'31 RPU rather than an 'ol F100!

21. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

Hey J you seen this one? Saw it at the last Round-Up.

Attached Files:

22. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

These have been shown here before. I'm working on getting the front clip in shape. Since these pics have been taken, I've finished plumbing the hydraulics, cleaned and painted in the floor of the cab and started to rebuild the steering box. Slow and steady.

Anyone have a left 8ft bed-side in the Great Lakes Area?

Attached Files:

23. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

Hey Dirty its lookn good! Whats done to the suspension? See it has single leaves.

24. swill67

swill67
    from merced, ca

Here is mine now. With new wheels and primer.

Attached Files:

25. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

I installed 5" mono leafs up front and c-notched the frame in the rear. The previous owner flipped the rear axle over the leafs.

I don't know if you can see, but I also put a Mustang Tank behind the rear axle.

26. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

I really don't want to get rid of the rear either. But my MII set up is small ford bolt pattern and I didn't want to have to carry 2 spares. Any help would be appreciated.

Larry

27. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Not enough room on them 9" axles to redrill for the small ford pattern? Mine had been redrilled for chevy pattern when I had the 52.

Later,Bill

28. Here's my 60 I have posted before. 89,000 miles on truck. The good news is the truck actually sits like this (no bags) phootochop picture thanks to finally getting my 2" drop spindles onto the MII set up, and putting a big notch in the back and flipping the axle.

Basic stats:
    500" Caddy, Edelbrock intake/carb
    TH400
    Versailles 9" (out for rebuild w/3.25 posi)
    MII front w/drop spindles
    etc., etc.

Attached Files:

29. When I installed ElPolacko's Dakota front suspension conversion on my '59, I redrilled the front rotors to fit my stock 5-on-5 1/2 wheels. Got enough room on those MII rotors?