Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eddie's 31 A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eddie's chop shop, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

you should hard line the coolant lines, maybe with some copper or brass tubing, and then age it and kinda polish up high spots and random areas so it looks old. Would look pretty cool I think... I actually dig the visor. And worse case they are easily replaceable...

2. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

One bitchin car Eddie! I just admire your hard work man.
    Occasionally rules are meant to be broken. Even traditional ones.

3. Jennings Racing

Jennings Racing

4. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Coolant lines are already hard lined through the main part, only rubber at motor and radiator. I actually plan on painting the frame and everything, so it won't be the "aged" look.
    Good ideas though just not the direction I am going with this car.

5. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Definitely breaking a few rules. The visor will make more sense to everyone when I have the trunk lid done and I post some pics of the taillights, they are gonna have the same plasma job done to them and it will tie everything together.

Only new updates are.
    New clutch to get rid of clutch chatter.
    New throwout bearing because I bought a cheap howe unit that leaked, new brake cylinders on the rear leaking also. No good pic type progress.

I will have it at the Red Robin in Folsom tomorrow if any local hambers are going to be out.

6. hammrd29

hammrd29

the car is great lookin i love the frame its one of the best frames ive seen . your really good at what u do ive built my whole frame and stuff 2 but i didnt put that much attention 2 detail as u did but your makin me rethink my stuff and spend alil more time on the car

7. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Eddie,

I will be at Red Robin tomorrow night. I look foward to meeting you and checking out your car. I will be in my 1959 Ranchero that I just got road worthy on Sunday.

Mike

8. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

red rodins tonight? I hope to see you guys there,
    Greg

9. Jennings Racing

Jennings Racing

Whats up,any updates.
    Love the look of this car.

10. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

No updates lately. Been working on my backyard. I have been driving the heck out of the car. Chopperman and I did a poker run couple weeks ago. Everything is really solid, no problems to speak of, drives great. I will be getting back on it in a couple more months.

11. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Updates!! Car is finally taken apart again for hte winter. Started working on the cage again.

Plans for the winter are.

1. Finish cage (all tacked in now)
    2. New trunk lid (got to start shrinking the edges to get the shape
    3. new ducting system for radiator (I have a plan)
    4. Blown big block 900 hp goal!! (block just got magnefluxed)
    5. Hand tooled leather seats and snap on roof cover (seats are tooled I probably have 100 hours in them now, just need to lace them up)

6. A few more tricks.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

In case you missed my other thread, I am now building cars full time now.

Collector Car Garage http://www.collectorcargarage.com/

Restoration/Custom Shop, Probably by Monday I will have my A down there to work on with a little more room. Stop by, check it out ask for Ed. I would love to get some more Traditional rods in!!

Here is a few shots of work I am doing on a 28 A we have in.

Here is a shot of the shaved rain gutter and welded up seams at the rear of the cab.
    [​IMG]
    6" recessed firewall
    [​IMG]

These don't photo well but they are the seat mounts
    [​IMG]
    Filled roof with econline van insert
    [​IMG]

13. damnfingers

damnfingers

Beautiful work...

14. 1930 ratrod

1930 ratrod
    from colorado

bad ass car!!!!awesome job.:)

15. smoke_eater

smoke_eater
    from Joliet, Il

I really like the car. I wish I had the skills to do that in my garage. Just gotta keep trying and learning. Thanks for a little inspiration Eddie.

16. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

I see the gas tank in the 28 but I don't see the filler door in the rear photo. I am looking to take out the cowl gas tank and use something more "engine friendly", if you don't mind me asking, what gas tank did you use and what are your plans for the fill point?
    And I really like those plywood wheels, show them off, the may be the next big thing with the "ratrod" crowd. :)

17. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

I got the fuel tank from the boat dealer @ howe and el camino. 180$ I think. I am going to use a pop up gas cap that is made for custom motorcycle tanks. It will be centered bellow the rear window above the body line. The fill point on the tank is centered so it will only need a 6" rubber hose to connect. The cap will be painted to match so it will be almost invisible.

18. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

That is one excellent hot-rod you have there.
    You and littleman are a pair of industrious mo-fos.

19. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

rust repair
    [​IMG]

vents
    [​IMG]
    decklid
    [​IMG]

radiator cut out is going to get some more intracate detail work added

20. themetalmaster

themetalmaster
    from SLC

giving me some great inspiration, nice job

21. Louie S.

Louie S.

Kick Ass work!

22. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Thanks guys,

Here's the weekends updates.

Finished the decklid/airducts
    [​IMG]

I am working on filling the roof, only a little though i am doing a tooled leather tonneau cover for it that will have a built in frame that will attach from the inside somehow.

[​IMG]

here's another shot of the trunk lid, the cross attaches to the radiator so it stays when the lid is open,

[​IMG]

23. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Here is the new motor, the scoop/red and blue fittings/ and yellow paint are all going to go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. JimSibley

JimSibley

I have to admit. Im NOT at all into the whole iron cross movement, but you did a real cool thing with the trunklid.Very nice. All in all I love that car.
    Jim

25. Terraizer

Terraizer

26. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I just read the entire thread.You have done a very nice job with the whole build from start to finish.You are a couple of hours out from my way.Next time I am out in that neck of the woods I would like to see that ride.When I start buildin a frame I would like to talk to about a few ideas I have.Again really nice ride.Are you building any frames to for customers yet?

27. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

I am getting ready to start a frame for a customer.
    Model T ALL wood body injected hemi with 15" wide wheels in the back should be wild!! Frame is going to be fairly simple though.... 4 link rear 9" suicide front z'd both ends.

28. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

More than welcome to stop by anytime. The car will be getting torn down for paint by the end of the month and hopefully done for Autorama, although this is going to be tough. I have hundreds of hours worth of leather work to go....

29. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

There are a few things on this car that are not necessarily style driven so much as function, there were not alot of options for making a good looking hole in the trunk lid, I am happy with the way it turned out but I didn't plan on originally going with the cross.

I have been asked several times what "style" I am going for, and all I say is that I am not going for any particular style, just what looks good and functions as this car get's driven ALOT!!

30. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

From what I have seen it shouldnt be all of a task for you.You seem to get shit done pretty quick and right the first time.