Register now to get rid of these ads!

Future builds? What are ya thinking?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mudslinger, Oct 27, 2007.

1. demonspeed

demonspeed

If I ever get my shit-show '54 ford finished (that could take years haha) ...

-First I think I'm going to build my dad a car. No idea what kind, but he's way into cars and he's done a lot for me and I wanna do something cool for him once I get out of wyotech and start making money.

-For myself, I'd like to build a vintage modified racecar with a 30's coupe body on it. and hopefully make it street legal. (like the one in hot rod earlier this year or like john56h's here on the HAMB). I want to find an real one though with some actual track history from back in the day

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I would like to get some real progress on my '52 Stude 1/2 ton with Packard V8 power. Got it down, and got the firewall in, along with the 9 inch. Got steering and brakes, need everything else.

3. cretin

cretin

my future build is to make this thing cool. Most likely a custom built frame, channeled and chopped. With a DeSoto hemi

Attached Files:

4. Lucky77

Lucky77

1. Finish the tudor
    2. get the roadster running enough where I can enjoy it in it's essentially stock form with dual carbs, high speed gears, 46 juice brakes, F1 steering, and a lowered stance. Then I can actually start on the deuce frame and 59AB it will eventually get.
    3. Start on the other roadster. I wish I could draw because this car is taking up a lot of my brain space. Really low, heavy flake emerald green, Radirs and wide whites, multi-carbed hemi or rocket, I'm getting way ahead of myself.
    4. I have an idea for a Chrisman Coupe inspired 40 Ford. Don't laugh, it's really cool in my head:rolleyes: My friend has a 40 coupe that's been on his property since 1961 so it wouldn't be a shame if I cut this one up. No fenders, long pointy nose, just imagine that beautiful bronze Chrisman Coupe as a chopped 40 Ford.

Attached Files:

5. Wesley

Wesley

Groucho you have so damn many cool toys......... I hate you!:D

6. ...hopefully this, in a street gasser style...
    [​IMG]

7. storm king

storm king

Doing a replica of the Speed Sport roadster, a '27 t with a mid engine chassis. Original was a 331 hemi, mine will take everything from a slant 6 to a 392 hemi. We're going to start putting tubing together next week.

8. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Man that cars bad!

9. olklunker

olklunker

Only things I'm wanting to do for future rods is an early pickup, straight 6, dual carbs and exhaust, etc; '51 Ford Vicky, and '53 Stude Coupe. With my health probs, I can't finish the one I have now and have to sell it, so I don't really have huge plans or expectations of perfection.

Jerry

10. '36 Ford...Westergard style.

Gotta finish my '51 first...full kustom. And we have these in the works:

'42 GMC truck
    '53 Chevy HT
    '31 Model A Coupe...picking that up tomorrow...

Bryan

11. 41 C28

41 C28

I shouldn't even be thinking about another project when I have one that's not finished, but........I have always wanted to build some sort of roadster with a straight 8 from a Buick, Packard or Chrysler.

12. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

I have a flatty sitting in my garage staring me in the face telling me to build a modified around it. I'm making progress on my A roadster which is my first hot rod.I think I've done a decent job so far, however, I've made some mistakes along the way as well as some compromises. My next rod, I'd like to plan it a little better, do more of my own fabrication with better tools, make prettier welds, try to use more of Henry's old parts and overall do a more refined job.
    I think my next rod will be more about a personal challenge rather than the sum of the material parts.

13. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

Got done with a 29 roadster a couple months ago---and sold it in a couple of weeks,way too soon cause I wanted to drive it this summer. Now I got a 56 Chevy 2 door sedan i the works--maybe be finished by late next year--then I'm gotta do a 32 roadster--highboy / late40's-early 50's style--and keep it!

Attached Files:

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

im hoping to build up....some fuckin money to finish all the shit ive already started!:rolleyes: :D

15. fanspete

fanspete

'52 Henry J gasser, inj sbc. '57 2dr sedan,blown/inj sbc. '57 Ford p/u, 292/3/tree. '65 Buick Special old ladies car getting a big inch sbc/muncie/9". All that plus my excavation business...aanndd we just bought a furniture store!!! Clone me, PLEASE!

16. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

40 merc convt..
    westergard style,,
    carson top...lincoln 368...black,,,,,,
    and some "top secret" ideas hahaha......

Attached Files:

17. bobw

bobw

I took the fiberglass Fiat body off my street/drag car this summer and put a Crosley Wagon body on it. So...there's a Fiat body on the back porch and a 292 Chev 6 in the garage. Could there be a 6 cyl. Altered in my future?

18. I am thinking of a cross between a speedster and a modified with newer power.

19. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

With my time and money tied up in racing a modern East Coast dirt Modified and my Gremlin bodied vintage mod, other than parts scrounging, my next project won't begin for awhile. But I want a street drivable Modified stocker like John56 and Modifieddriver are building. The only difference is that I plan to build a '70's style car with a cutdown '60-'63 Falcon body on a tube chassis and power it by FE Ford.

Jan...AKA Gerryfan76...:cool:

20. Retro61

Retro61

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Got a line on a '34 5-window, rough but fixable! I'm thinking Fenderless, Bonneville Chop with a 331 Hemi!
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

21. classicfins

classicfins

When I finish my fiberglass '26 highboy I want to build a primered, chopped and channeled, fenderless 2dr sedan of 28-32 vintage. Either that or a '26 tall T 5 window coupe. More than likely it will be a sedan so I can fit my wife and our two grandkids in it. LOL Whichever body style it turns out to be, it will be old school all the way with period correct parts throughout. I was born in '63 so I plan on using no parts newer than 1963.

22. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

'28/9 roadster on Deuce rails, flathead, quick change, etc.....nothing fancy or 'original'.....just a simple car that a regular guy may have driven to the drylakes in 1947.....

That and a Model A coupe.....late 50's-early 60's, WWW, chromies, Hemi or Olds, nice paint, etc....

The body I find next will dictate which one I get started on.......

23. crescentwrencher

crescentwrencher

i want to restore a 32-34 bb truck with a flathead in it, then go on to build my rod, mod a coupe, 32 frame, lake pipes, chopped 5-6inches,
    possibly a 32 rad. cowl, and a big block but havent decided which big block to use. i want it to beable to compete at el mirage and such, but would also like to drive it.

24. Nailhead

Nailhead

Finnish up the Riv # 1. After that... I've always wanted to do a '62 Chev or pontiac wagon. Surf green with a cream top, lowered and chrome reverse and baby moons with wide whites. But being that I would already have one 60's style cstom I was also debating doing a '49-'52 Chev or Olds in 50's custom motif (taildragger) I'd love to do a '32-'34 Ford sedan so I could have a hot rod to park with my custom's but don't have that much $$$. :( A '59-'60 Elcamino would make a cool parts hauler...........damn it....to many cars !!!

Todd

25. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

Finish my 49' Ford, any maybe a Carry All/Suburban project. Surf wagon, or a 46 Chevy.

26. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Way too many builds to mention.

I'd like to finish my '57 Ford, which would be my first priority.
    Then I'd like to build a radical kustom '57 Chevy 2 door hardtop. I'd like to build a model A roadster with the 355 SBC I built a few months ago. Then maybe a chopped 49 merc

Non-HAMB friendly: I'd like to build a Kenne Bell supercharged 5.4 DOHC mod motor and jam it in my '98 Mustang. Not many people would be able to pull the front wheels off the ground of the car they drive to work.

27. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

I`ve been too long without a Bonneville Car of my own...Spent the last 20 years or so as Crew, Grunt,Silent Partner,Part Time Driver and Social Butterfly......I`ll be selling my Fenderless, 6 cylinder powered 31 A Sedan here soon-(Although I hate to..been a good long distance driver for me the past 4-5 years...) in order to pursue a current Vintage bodied car less engine...Hopefully....and after that a Modified...thinking of a bare bones type car..a bit like a stripped Bobber with 4 wheels...

28. rusty48

rusty48

Would like to build a early 50s chevy truck and a roadster of somekind.

29. Phil1934

Phil1934

www.bruiserbodies.com is making it easy with this shortened A sedan and will soon have matching bed, although I would like to go with a Bantam coupe and MAS 30" T bed as even smaller and lighter with a '65 Mustang tank with fill tube cut off and flush mounted boat filler screwed to tank as bed floor . Get the racing body from usbodysource and add a Speedway '27T floor for $360 instead of the $3000 premium they charge. The hump would have to go anyway as the rear would be behind. Use van pop out side window hinges and latch for front and rear windows with no frames. With a 200# 2.3 Duratec and Mazda M50D-HD trans from an '05 up Ranger it would weigh <1000#. A stand alone ignition control from a Ford CVH engine with a $150 MegaJoltLiteJunior would allow tuning the advance curve . Replacing the EFI with motorcycle carbs is worth 30+HP on this engine. I'd run a pair of Harley CV carbs on a billet aluminum log intake. Exhaust would be Megs cones split, hammered over a form for that curve and rewelded. Datsun 620 truck rear 4.38:1 and 52-3/4", on Chupps 1/4 elliptics and grooved Firestone 8.90-16 tires on OEM mags. Up front is a Chupps 1-1/2"x3/16" wall front axle and R&P steering , and 4.00-18 on Radir 12 spokes A chopped and narrowed '29 grille shell to fit a small radiator and Classic speedo/tach and 4 in 1 gauges in cups mounted off column and reverse mount MC and clutch swing pedals (no dash) and bomber seats would complete it.

Attached Files:

30. GlenC

GlenC

Getting together with my cabinetmaker son-in-law to build a tudor model A woodie/huckster, chopped and channeled, fenderless. late V8 grunt, 5 speed manual box.

38-41 4 door Willys sedan to tote the grandkids around in. I'll keep the body 'resto' with discreet wheels, all original trims, bumpers etc, and treat under the hood to a warm 455 Buick.

A vintage plywood caravan to tow behind either car. Find a good oldie to restore or scratchbuild one with the son-in-law and make the outside look like a 'woodie' caravan in polished marine ply.

Maybe then a T bucket with an inline 6 in it, using a Triumph 2.5 PI engine out of a TR6. Not the worlds greatest HP inliner, but what an awesome looking(and sounding) engine with the Lucas mechanical sequential injectors hanging off the side of the block!

Cheers, Glen.