Register now to get rid of these ads!

Future builds? What are ya thinking?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mudslinger, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Just wondering what everybody has in mind for themselves in the next three to five years as far as projects go.

IM thinking of building a 30-31 Model A coupe on 32 rails and pulling my 8BA out of my 49 and dressing it up. This means transplanting a modern V8 into my 49 Sedan and making it 12 volt.
    Time will tell I guess.

2. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

39-40 Merc Matranga style. Cept a more modern version with bags, newer running gear, most likely clipped or frame swapped.

3. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Model A Coupe- Blown 392 Hemi, it will make DeathsDoorStep look like a sissy....Littleman

4. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

my uncle has a free corvette small block for me outta his 61 vette. thinking a 30/31 coupe with a 4-71 and a buncha carbs. 4-5" chop with narrow drag slicks on the back. blackwalls.

5. injunjoes

injunjoes

hopefully finish my 59 ford as time allows, then maybe a 63 falcon or falcon ranchero

6. Wesley

Wesley

I want to build a street legal version of my 27 T roadster. Before I can do that I have to build my wife a 50s pickup and a Volvo P1800 with either a SBF or a mazda rotary. I also want to recreate the y block powered 53 Merc Monterery that my dad had when he was dating my mother. My youngest graduates high school May 09, the child support stops June 09, and my divorce will be paid for July 09. Hopefully by August 09 I will have alot more time and money for my projects.
    That is my story and I am sticking to it.

7. Front engine dragster, built with new rails, but made to look from the 60's with the exception of a 5 point roll cage and kidney bars, Possible a full body to hide the cage. Alcohol fed, stack injected, small block. Probably build it's tow vehicle first, a 63 chevy pickup, laid flat with hydraulics, small block, etc.

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

I am going to start thinning out the herd,... build the cars I really want to keep, and find homes for the ones that I really don't have a passion for,..... But one that I want to build would be a recreation of a purple deuce 5/W that was a real 50's survivor until the 70's when it was gutted and turned into a Graffiti clone,...
    I have a lot of the parts for this project lurking in the corner of the barn,....(J-2/w adapter, 39 trans, shortened 40 rear, original 32 Chassis, 56 p.u. box,..... or possibly,.. take a dirt nap, time will tell)

This car still gives me chills when I look at it !

Attached Files:

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

starting on my 28 mod. A tudor, time will tell

10. Paul

Paul
    Editor

the years seem to slip away

started a '30 A Coupe at least a year ago
    Chevy power built to early sixties style
    need to shit or get off the pot there...

picked up a '31 A Roadster body a month or so ago
    'want to set it on a '32 frame, early Olds power
    built to an early fifties style

we'll see what happens, nothing set in stone

Attached Files:

11. 6inarow

6inarow

33 Chev 4 door sedan, 216/235 with 4 speed, 3.55 torque tube rear with truckstell overdrive, dropped straight axle, artillery wheels and caps.

12. finnish my merc first, then, 41 ford coupe kustom, 39/40 merc kustom, 32 three window or roadster with caddy power.

13. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Being built at the Texas Aceholes division..

Soon.. THE MADSTER

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Noland

Noland

After I build my Coupe

I want to build a 53 or 54 chevy

but I heared of a 50 chevy up the street

need to check it out

Also a 55 or 56 ford truck

15. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

I have a few lined up but at the speed they get built, this could go on a while...

Right now I am nearing the end of the metal work on my 36 3-window custom (Jeb Scolman, metal man supreme in LB Ca. is doing the work).

Also putting together a 32 roadster from a rust free car that was sent to zimbabwe in 1932 (Rhodesia back then) and brought back to the states by me last year. Settin it up with post war parts as a high boy.

Future cars waiting in the que...37 lincoln Zepher 3-window coupe. 32 3-window, 32 5-window. Yikes! This is going to take forever!

Attached Files:

16. bmc

bmc
    from Sacto.,Ca.

Ship over my stock 1949 chevy sport coupe from the mainland that I bought about 2 months ago & haven't even seen yet. Lower it , 12 volt conv. & maybe 3:55 ring & pinion then cruise hopefully.

17. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

I just started my 39-40 Merc coupe.Repaired and painted the frame yesterday.Hopefully it wont take too many years to get it on the road:rolleyes: .

18. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I'd love to do a 49 Olds coupe.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The guy who welded the brackets for my rearend has a car he has been storing and trying to sell for a friend of his. It looks to be a '48 2 door Caddy that has already had a very nice chop done to it along with the body work and a 12 bolt rear. I have not even looked under the hood. He knows I'm interested, but I have only hinted at my strong desire for it. When I finish my T Bucket, I'm going to walk in with cash and have him call his buddy. It will be mine.... oh yes. It will be mine.

20. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I want a '40 Ford pickup real bad. Anyone know where one is for sale?

21. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i want a model a speedster one day, been tryin to convince my friend to build one so i can end up with it one day...

but he hasnt started yet...

i would also like to build a nice clean mid 50s car, something like a 54 merc, 55 buick, 56 crown vic, so i can cruise better with the soon to start family

22. bobscogin

bobscogin

'29 roadster pickup, but haven't decided if full fendered on A frame, or highboy on '32 rails.

Bob

23. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

A belly tanker, I have the hp to go 200 mph pretty easy in a tank, but if I want to chase a record I need something a little softer (recordwise) than a BBC in a tank. $$$$$ 200 mph on the salt though is a pretty cool thing to do regardless. If we are talking street car, it's gotta be powerful and reliable. I am thinking big block chevy or hemi meets model a speedster body. For now though I will keep plugging along on my Model A banger.

24. shane85

shane85

A 27 coupe made into a roadster, A rails, olds rocket , late 50"S early 60S show car with nice paint lots of chrome.

25. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

just got an alloy T cowl off ebay, and have been offered a whippet grille shell, so im thinking a single seat boat tail speedster in polished alloy with an A banger, 35 wires, maybe to chase some archaic 200 ci record at the salt down here...Im burnt out on road cars. not that im stopping building them, just be nice to do something outside the road law framework.

Attached Files:

26. mac miller

mac miller
    from INDY

27. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I need to take 2" out of the top on my 49 chevy coupe, then put it all back together.

28. BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

53 ford
    chopped
    bagged
    390ci
    T-5

29. 38 Chevy Coupe. Gasser style with 409/4-speed

[​IMG]

30. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

This is a great thread! I have a lot of cars that I want to do at some point.

First I have to start and finish my 57 chevy truck.
    Pretty much lower it, shorten the long bed, move the spare, move the gas tank, engine swap to a 427 or a 454. Obviously upgrade everything that needs to be strengthened for that kind of a motor. Swap out the trans. New side mirrors, shaved emblems, handles. Replace bumper. Repaint it with a basecoat and a flat clear with some scallops.
    This is a quick and dirty chop of it.

[​IMG]

Next I want to do a mild custom/lowrider-ish 65 riviera:

[​IMG]

Possibly to give to my gf's mom/semi-soon to be mother-in-law.

Do a 53-56 Effie kind like this one:
    [​IMG]

Do a 50s chevy custom for my 1st child's car:
    [​IMG]
    And at some point do a stripped down 50s-60s style chopper.

At some point after my grandfather passes, I fully intend on trying to purchase his very first car from my Uncle. It's been promised to him, and I doubt he'll ever do anything with it. I believe it's a 1929 Model A, though I'm not 100% on that. I haven't remembered to ask him about it lately, and then last time I asked I was 12. It's sitting in his barn in a place that you can't get to without moving about a million things to even see it.

Needless to say I need to win the lottery or they need to start paying teachers the same salaries as doctors and lawyers....obviously some ideas are further along than others.