Register now to get rid of these ads!

Modified Build Pics - East Coast Style

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modifieddriver, Oct 27, 2007.

1. '36 Chevy Coupe Modified, East Coast Style. Nothing else needs to be said.

We decided to build a race car to emulate the late 60's East Coast oval track era. Here's where we're at.

It's getting the full compliment of oval track racing equipment. Racing hubs, racing brakes, Frankland Q/C, fuel cell, etc..

My buddy, Mike, and I are doing the chassis. I'll be building the engine. It's for a customer who lived through that racing era (I did too). The body and tin work will be done by another shop.

Attached Files:

2. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

i don't see the pics

3. They're there now. A hic-cup in the system!!

4. Very cool!
    Is he gonna hang some temporary lights and a tag on it to tear up the streets too?

5. Damn Frankie.....Looking good!

6. Yes, that's the plan.

It'll have window glass, opening doors, headlights, tail lights, etc. to be completely street legal.

7. Goldy

Goldy

Very cool idea - traditional hot rods they are!!! Thumbs up ! They race these old modifieds at Bridgeport Raceway . Goldy

8. Lucky77

Lucky77

Love it! just a bit before my time but still one of my favorite types of racecars.

9. Noland

Noland

Very nice

I wish you luck

10. Cool ! What drivetrain and wheels will it get ?
    / primerkid

11. ronrob75

ronrob75

Might be off topic in this thread, but here are some pics of an actual race car from the 50's or 60's that one of the local guys (eastern PA) resurrected and licensed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Thanks for positive comment.

When ya' moving back south??? It must be gettin' cold up there!! Screw the cold and snow ;) .

13. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

It's lookin' awesome, 'Driver! Keep up the pics as the build progresses, please......:) After I get my Bicknell 'modern modified" on the track this spring and have the Gremlin ready for a few vintages races, I'm going to start scrounging parts for a street legal mod. I know a dude with an old Tobias chassis that I can con him out of for starters...

Jan

14. Can't tell what the engine will be :p, but it'll be different. Will have a 4-speed and a Frankland Quick Change with a Detroit Locker so ya' can drive it on the street.

Wheels will be oval track wide-five. Wide tires in the rear and not as wide in the front. See pic.

The rear under the car right now is a spare one I had laying around and is only for the build mock-up. But, it's still a good one with a Detroit Locker and 5 on 5 Grand National bolt pattern hubs. We're gonna' save it for another future project ;) !!!!!

Attached Files:

15. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

That explains why you were eyeballing my spare QC's.

16. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Better keep your stuff locked up ;) .

17. john56h

john56h

Hi Frank!

I got your PM...so checked out the build. Lookin' good, so far. Sorry, I don't know of any 37/38 Chevy rear clips available around here.

I think street driven Stock Cars are going to catch on. Cooler than a "rat rod" but still much cheaper than a "hot rod". Also a nice bonus is that you get to engineer it whatever way you think is best...and nobody will compare it to the "billet" style cars.

Here's a link to our build of the 1933 Chevy racer:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165476

18. I've been following your build pretty close. Lookin' good :cool: . I like the way ya' split the tubing to slide over the sheet metal. Killer idea. I remember when ya' told me ya' found that old car. Another one saved from the crusher.